Phone Interview........

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by katiej22, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Eve

Eve New Member

Missing the JB would suck - but it will be worth it!!!

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I got one too! yay its in lancashire tho im gunna haveto get a hotel!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

and not to put a negative spin on it if any1 hasn't heard yet, but i only had my interview yesterday and i found out today...

=s it might not mean ought tho x

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

On the other hand I had my interview nearly 3 weeks ago and I found out today... but YJ work 9-5 and the emails were sent out at 5pm so maybe they will send out more tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

4. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Mine was sent at ten past 5. They may have been working overtime on this and I'm sure everyone will hear tomorrow!

5. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i got mine at 4.40 but it sez there sending 2 more emails with confirmation forms of the uni to fill out, i havent recieved them yet, any1 else been sent them? x

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Nah, they'll email them out in the next few days I'd imagine 8)

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

cool they need a lot of documents dont they considering we haven't got the job yet lol

and i have a question if someone can help-

theres a presentation on this program at my uni in leeds on december the 5th, i decided to go and apply before then tho and do my own research etc. surely by the time the presentation is wont it be too late for any1 in my class to apply?

This is gunna seem a bit tight but i'll be so bummed out if all the people at the presentation in my class go straight to the f2f stage at my uni cos obv us lot on here have done the whole cv, phone interview and then travelling to f2f and waiting game.

do u think they'll do it like that? x

8. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I have an interview tooooo!

9am in liverpool on november 18th!

yay!

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

In a word, no. After this week, any applications for the ICP will go into the spring interview process... when I applied 2 years ago, I sent off my initial application on Dec 10th and went through the whole phone interview, f2f process and eventually found out I was going at the end of March. So don't worry, if your friends get interviewed then they won't skip straight to the f2f! They will have to do lots of waiting too!!

The process was exactly the same except I think the people in this round of interviews might get a slightly wider choice of jobs... and you know if you're going by Xmas which is good. 8) Because I found out in march my flight was stupidly expensive last time because I was going in less than 3 months from finding out!

10. Sofi

Sofi Guest

we find out be4 xmas? eeeek and thats ace cos i found the flights at like £500 which i think is bargain =D and it means if i dont get it i can book a cheap holiday for next summer too now whilst i still can, so in theory if we dont get thru we can apply again next year? lol i doubt it but worth a shot..

ive already started saving and if i dont get in i'll take driving lessons, my piggy bank is very full lol ^_^

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I reckon the best time to book flights is january time... but I wouldn't do it yet, don't want to tempt fate! Despite already doing the program once, I am no way taking it as a given I will get the chance to go again!! My flights cost £650 last time :eek: If I get to go again I want to go somewhere after Disney before coming back to the UK tho as you get 30 days on your visa to travel after the program ends. woo!

12. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh im gunna book as soon as i find out and if i get a good deal, and yeh i was thinking of visiting the grand canyon or texas or something, just thinking of getting the bf over and going travelling, itd be ace. lol im off to las vegas in 2012 tho for my dads wedding and 50th so that should be wild one, i'll be 21 by then can't wait =D eee this is all very exciting, im just trying to figure out how to get to edge hill uni now =s x

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I've got one at Edge Hill on the 17th Nov... but I've asked for a different date as it is awkward with some uni stuff I can't miss - I have to be back in Lancaster for 2pm!
    Hevzz, it may be worth emailing them to see if you can do a different date! I just know I'll be offered London on the 21st instead.... my birthday meal day so that would be typical lol!

And Sofi - Edge Hill is between Manchester and Liverpool, closer to Liverpool so def not Lancashire! Possibly Chesire, more likely the Wirral! (Lancashire stops before Manchester - we are quite a small county!).

Sooo excited though! And glad I got through!

Sofi - also I think the uni presentation thing is different - they have a group interview and then a F2F, and it will probs be before Christmas - last year there was no second round of interviews in the spring!
    Best of luck to all! :D
    xx

14. Sofi

Sofi Guest

well in the address it says Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire, so i just thought lancashire lol

but im gutted =[ im gunna have to get the 5am train to get there on time, and i still think il be a little late...hmm.

if i was given london or birmingham it wudda been easier for me =o im from leeds x

15. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Congrats on all the confirmed face to face interviews everyone! Haha I'm still awaiting my phone interview... but I did get an email saying they're calling me sometime in the next couple of weeks! That's enough to keep me smilng for a bit!

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hmmm, I thought it was def Chesire.... maybe Lancashire is an odd shape.... or my mate was wrong! :)
    Sofi - if I can't change my day I'll be at the same interview as you! I'd be driving down - would you want to stay over with me the night before? It would make it a bit easier for you with times - and you could map-read for me!
    Although, if Hannah says I can change the date (which I bet anything she offers me London on the 21st - the only date worse than the current one really!), I wouldn't be going then!
    Just something to think about....
    Last year in Liverpool we had to be there at 8.30am! I know someone who came over from Leeds that morning!
    However, I and some friends stayed over the night before to be safe.... good times! ;D
    xxx

PS - Congrats Ashley :)

17. nattykate89

nattykate89 New Member

Hey Guys, Im Nat and im new to this forum but I have been watching your posts and feeling the excitment with you guys and i found out yesterday i got my face to face interview in London on the 20th November, anyone else got this date?

I am sooooooo excited but so nervous as i want to get this so bad, as im sure all of you do. Does anyone know what sort of questions we might be asked?

By the way i also had a sneaky look at the cost of flights for next yr and if you go on to www.statravel.co.uk then they do student rate flights and i found a flight for £377 with BA. sooo cheap ;D

Lets just hope i get in now :-\ xx

18. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oooh student rates.. I like 8) Cheapest I found (London to Orlando return) was about £450 with Virgin... but only sneaking a peek at the mo! Is your interview on the 20th or the 21st?

19. nattykate89

nattykate89 New Member

My interview is on Friday the 20th of November and from the sounds of everyone else going to London im gonna be the only one there on the 20th lol x

20. Minnie88

Minnie88 New Member

It's ok Nat, I'll be there with you!

You haven't got far to travel either have you? :p