Phone Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by catfish278, Apr 13, 2011.

1. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Thought I'd start a thread for all those UK'ers who have phone interviews... GOOD LUCK everyone!! Mine is on Friday :)

2. disneyglitter

disneyglitter New Member

Mine is on Friday, too! I'm trying to look for tips on various blogs/vlogs - sound help alot!

I've never had a phone interview before, so nervous!!!!

Good Luck everyone!! :D

3. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

4. kristenellen123

kristenellen123 New Member

Mine is Tuesday 19th. Very nervous/excited.. good luck all. xx

5. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I'd second Myah's post- Kim's video helped me loads.

Just prepare for the really obvious questions- why do you want to do it, UK questions, questions about the different roles etc and then relax and enjoy yourself! Mine turned into more of a conversation than anything and if you try not to stress too much about it (easier said than done I know!) then it will make it much easier. Good luck :)

6. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

who are your interviews with?

7. Missish

Missish New Member

I'm too nervous to book mine! Part of me wants to do it tomorrow and just get it over and done with, but another part of me feels like I need longer to prepare.
    I already have a document of questions, so I feel reasonably prepared, and I could book it for later tomorrow so I could prepare tomorrow morning as well. But then I think I'd be a bag of nerves all day! How did you guys pick your day/time?

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I panicked, changed mines a lot, completely over-thought it, then said enough is enough and booked it

9. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I'm Tuesday too, c'mon team Tuesday!!! ;D

10. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

That video is amazingly helpful!
    Mine is next week on the 20th.
    I need to get a balance of answering the questions with my previous working at Disney experiences on the ICP and of the other jobs I've done here in the UK.
    Also need to learn some shizz about my wonderful (sarcasm) town... hmm!

Good luck everyone! Smiling down the phone is definately a good piece of advice. Be in a quiet space, with your notes, and take a long deep breath before answering the phone. I was shaking when I did my ICP one, and have a tendency to trip over my words, but yummyjobs are sooo friendly and helpful, they soon calm you down!
    It's silly how nervous you can get when a formal situation presents itself!

Laura
    :D

11. Missish

Missish New Member

Just booked mine for 2.15 tomorrow with Nick - I just want to get it out of the way! Of course I'm now freaking out, so I'm going to go and work out to calm myself down! :D

12. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

just booked mine for the 20th at 12:15 with chloe, now swoting up on leeds and yorkshire as well as which disney charcter i'm most like and why

13. Missish

Missish New Member

I don't know what Disney character I'm most like! I feel like making it a jokey answer rather than a serious one, because Belle is the only character I can really think I'm like, and I bet loads of girls use her as their answer so ...

14. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

On that, I have been doing some research, and sometimes you get asked which character are you most like and why and sometimes you get asked which do you like best and why. I guess you could use the same answer for both but still thought I should put that out there, so to speak.

15. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

Hey! Your interview is the one after mine, and I live in Yorkshire too! Lots of fun facts to find... :-\
    You get asked about Disney characters? Okay... this is too hard to choose... their are lots of Disney characters that each possess different qualities I like about them...

16. seabadger

seabadger New Member

Mines is tuesday 21st at 4.15pm, possibly the latest one lol.
    I've never ever ever ever had an interview, apart from one at uni which was much more a group crit :-[ i'm so fricking nervous and i've a week till mine, sweating bullets!

17. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

do you mean thursday?

18. seabadger

seabadger New Member

YES! I mean Thursday ...oh my god, imagine if you hadn't of corrected that for me haha wooppss

19. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

ha ha ha I wasn't being all smart, its just mines is 4.15 on tuesday and I was like oh :)

20. disneylover

disneylover New Member

ive got hannah on the tuesday . well scared!! lots of research to do lol