Phone Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by catfish278, Apr 13, 2011.

1. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

i had amy, she was lovely! i feel like my interview went ok, so much better than i thought it was going to cuz i was SO nervous. but still, i really don't think it was enough to get me through to the next round, i don't think i would of stood out from everyone else. am trying to stay positive though (which isn't going too well so far!)
    how about you? how was yours??

haha dory was a good one! am hoping for your sake you didn't do anything too 'dory' and start speaking in whale or anything :p haha

i'm going back to uni this week so hopefully that will take my mind off the wait for a bit! anyone else a bit excited about the royal wedding? real life princes and princesses tehe :)
    i also really wanna know how many of us got phone interviews and how many get through to f2f...hmmm

2. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

Its so hard cause none of us no what they r looking for!! What questions did amy ask? I bet u did better than u think! I was ment to have nick bt randomally ended up with chloe on the day which threw me off a bit but she was really friendly! Aw that sounds really gd about the culture question, I had no clue as what to say!! So I breifly spoke about how we greet ppl and how we are famous for our mannors and sense of humour.. Then started talking about cream teas and big red buses!!! Haha so totally wrong!! We will see! U never no we may be plesently surprised!! And if not there's always next time and I no I gave it a shot!

3. disneydreamer88

disneydreamer88 New Member

Exactly... all they will probably have is a checklist and thats why I was like "oh my god did I sound a complete muppet in my questions", I don't know I just sometimes feel like they wanted an amazing answer for the culture questions and I just screwed them up. Your answers sound spot on SamanthaEllen :D cream teas are ace!! I bet you did really well :) we still have a few days to wait but her we'll keep our fingers crossed! I really hope we are pleasantly surprised :) it will be absolutely amazing!! xxx

4. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

umm she asked me to tell her a bit about myself, why do i want to work for disney, when i've given exceptional customer service, when i've dealt with a difficult customer, how i would cope living with people from different nationalities, how i would describe where i come from and 3 words to describe myself
    gave good answers for a couple and the rest were ok...looking back i wish i had bigged myself up a bit more haha but you never know i guess!

5. missdipika

missdipika New Member

Hey everyone... I'm a bit worried, I never got asked the disney character question! :( anyone else in my position? :( xxx

6. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I was the same, I wouldn't worry, I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of those questions to relax you or 'bring you out of your shell' a bit. Mind you it could also be to find out about your personality, if they did not get the idea from your online application. Finally, perhaps some interviewers like to ask that question and some don't. So basically to summarise - try not to worry :)

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

You should try and get used to the waiting.... it doesn't get any easier.

I had 185 days on the waitlist before I got my date. You need to start practicing your patience, just in case you end up in the same situation.

8. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

Yeah i got asked similar questions, except the difficult customer one, i got asked how living with people from all over the world would help me in the future and about my disney character, then the same ones as u! Haha i thought the same but then u dont wanna sound like u think ur amazing at the same time- is a tough cookie!

9. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

I was thinking that either a checklist or they have ur cv in front of them and scribble notes on them!! Goodness no's! Was so funny whilst i was giving my answers i was having a right fight with myself i was like what am i doing/saying waving my arms everywhere so so funny!! I sometimes felt like they were trying to catch us out, but its probs not the case! Tbh i think they wud rather have someone bright and bubbly who didnt have great answers than someone who had amazing answers but sounded unenthusiastic and boring!!! haha my mum laughed at me when i told her she was like u silly girl thats not about ur culture!! oops!!! Fingers crossed for def!!! Is this ur first time in applying? xx

10. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

That was my final to. . but i felt like i couldnt say fun, bubbly or enthusiastic anymore during our converstaion cause im pretty sure i repeated that hundred times!!! Everyone sounds like they answered the culture question quite similarly. . Aww wales is lovely. . im right next door in bristol! Did u have a nice time?? ahhh ekkk thats gunna drive u mad with the should have could have! I no it has me ekkkk xx

11. disneydreamer88

lol The first proper question she asked me was to tell her about myself and my experience etc etc and I didn't really know what to say in the sense "should i repeat what i said on my cv or should i say something different" lol. So I said "i don't know whether or not she in particular had read my CV" and she said she had seen so many so to remind her. So I don't think she did hav our CV, but then again she may have done and she was just trying to relax us? haha. Yep it's my first time applying - I've always wanted to but never had the courage to and I've had a long term boyfriend so now I'm completely free of attachments and commitments, I'm like "now is the time!". :) how about you??

yeah "yeah alright you've told me that 5 times already LOL" . oh i was flapping around too and using my arms to express myself even though they couldn't seeeeee lol. was smiling all through it, laughing, walking round the room, sitting down. just couldn't sit still!! hahaha, I just really hope they are mainly interested in our personalities and enthusiasm for Disney haha. :D wales was good thank you, my grandparents live in llanelli so I was visiting them primarily though took my mate along for company lol. xxx

12. mizzbex2807

mizzbex2807 New Member

Hey everyone not long left now im soo nervous. I just want to know I keep checking my emails everyday but i really was nothing special on the phone and i think i was asked too many questions so i obviously didnt give good enough answers il keep my fingers crossed for everyone not long left to wait!! eek!! xx

13. disneydreamer88

I'm sure you'd have done fine missbex :D try not to think you were asked too many questions, just think of it that there was more opportunity to explain about yourself :) how many questions were you asked?? I had Chloe and I reckon I was asked around 5 or 6... seems so long ago now and it's only been 12 days hahaha. xx

14. mizzbex2807

mizzbex2807 New Member

Aww thats a really good way of putting it i was able to explain myself more yay! andd probably about 7-8 i had chloe too she was lovely xx

15. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

i'm from bristol too! where abouts are you from?!

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Wait... I'm in Bristol too!! Where abouts do you live... i'm about 5-10 mins away from Cribbs Causeway!

17. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

yesss! power to the bristolians tehehe
    i live in westbury on trym, just moved here from frampton/winterbourne way :)

18. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

Well technically im not a true bristolian i lieeeee! lol!

I went to uni here and ended up staying tho wooo. . . im living up in st andrews!

Are you guys from bristol or did u go to uni here?

19. SamanthaEllen

SamanthaEllen New Member

Ohhhh oops my bad i didnt tell her about any of my previous work experience so that will go against me haha! Great time to apply then, power to the singletons!!! hehe. Its my 2nd but last time i had to withdraw my application 2mins before i had my interview as my dates were to far into the future for the period they were recruiting for, so i guess u cud say this is my first to.

At least u were laughing. . i cant remember what i was doing tho i think at one point i hit myself in the head saying idiot what am i talking about!

Aww glad u had a nice time, i love old people they r so sweet. . most of them anyway!!

20. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I grew up here (went to uni in Bournemouth), and Sophie - I went to Red Maids which is in Westbury :p Small world haha!