Photo Thread!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freckles, Sep 2, 2008.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

For my first 4 months on my last program I had an American accent...the CM's at the bakery refused to believe I was from England!

As did one guest on the Jungle Cruise...

2. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

Bumbershoots? I've never heard that one!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Me neither.

i dont know whether i would just start talking american or remain with my scottish accent, haha. i prefer my american one!

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

luckily with teeth like mine no one would ever believe i'm american!

5. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Hahaha, I totally lol'd at that one.

6. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Oh wow I can't wait to cultivate my very own american accent!

7. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Oh, and even after a year thank god, people were retaining their accents. I have a slightly difference accent than the southern americans (my vowels are a bit softer and I would always get made fun of for how I said "bag" and "That" among other things, haha). The last thing anyone needs is to lose their accent and gain an american one! A SOUTHERN american one at that!
    (Can you tell I love accents? And I swear I'm not the only one! Hee!)

I thought I'd pop up a picture from yesterday when we booked a lounge in our uni residence to bake Christmas cookies! Turns out though, that the ovens are amazingly small. They were pretty ghetto cookies - we borrowed spoons and cups from the cafeteria and used plastic containers to mix it all in! Ughh but they tasted fahhhbulous!
    [​IMG]

And I included my costume from my year long cult. rep. program! Notice the abundance of plaid? Haha, really, that same pattern we have to wear at work as a costume has turned into an enourmous trend so a LOT of the Canadian cast bought those clothes as a joke. Haha, since when does disney costuming become fashion!?

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

plaid rocks! it always reminds me of Al of Home Improvement :D

hehe i havent started chirstmas stuff...well i have the cards..thats it. no money to really do anything lol. though i think the housemates are cooking stuff...my job will no doubt be the roast potatoes..which i am doing myself tomorrow...yum yum yum.

If it is any consolation the Yorkshire people at my university make fun of my accent as i am East Anglican. Especially when it comes to cinema, gum and jumbo's.

9. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

people make fun of my yorkshire accent!

but i always pick up everyone elses if i go somewhere different, i probably will come back sounding american..

10. ginabella

ginabella New Member

apparantly I sound a bit brummie.... ???

'one' thats the word everyone laughs at me for.

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

how do you say one? do you add tones?

brummies sing rather than speak according to my parents lol....where are you from?

I have got a weird american accent..leom says it sounds like Joan Cusack! but i am always worried i will offend the people's accents i pick up lol!

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

But you do, i dont know what my accents like, my managers finds it very funny. haha!

13. ginabella

ginabella New Member

I'm from Hampshire..so south coast styley.

i lived with two brummies last year, and instead going up on the o to say one, they go down and make the o sound like a low sounding w. so more like the word won...

does that make sense? i didnt even realise i did it!

14. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I have a really bad habit of trying to imitate people while they are talking about me, especially if they have a really strong accent. I start talking back to them like they are talking to me, then have to apologise.

The only one I cant manage, is welsh.

I love a Welsh accent. And Irish. :)

I've been told I have a quite rough scottish accent. I used to have to put on a bit of an american accent when I was working out there when I needed people to understand what I was talking about.

[​IMG]

Me and Goofy in 2006.

[​IMG]

Scuba Diving at the Great Barrier Reef back in June, just of the coast of Cairns in Australia. Got to love the hair!

I recently got a new laptop and all my Disney photo's are on an external hard drive, so you'll have to wait abit for them. I love to take photos, so I have quite a few of the parks, shop signs, ride signs, parades, the castle...everything.

15. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Oh Id LOVE to scuba! Maybe something I'll try this round!

One of the coolest people I've known I met on my last program - she was from Edinburough and everything she said I wanted to copy because it sounded so neato! When she got into a tizzy her accent because so strong I just had NO idea what she was saying at allll. Another friend of mine from London would get excited about a topic and all his words seemed to be chopped up and quick and my eyes just fuzzed over... meanwhile, I could totally understand them otherwise. Just give 'em any chance to get passionate or excited about something and it was wayyyy over my head.

The best I can do is speak pig latin? Not faiiiir :(

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i tend to get more welsh when i get angry at things...but i'm hoping most guests at disney won't experience this :)

17. I just got very irate at some of the really stupid things guests say ... 'what castle?' ... honestly!!! You are in the middle of fantasy land with the castle in your site and you ask 'what castle?' It's a good thing we were heading back stage already so we could go and bang some heads on a wall.

18. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

'What castle?' - the one question I heard most!!

I also got a lot of 'where's pirates?' because guests would come down to the jungle instead. In the end they never had to ask..you knew instantly what they were looking for when they walked down the slope looking at their maps with puzzled expressions.

19. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

lol the best one i heard was in epcot, we were stood in italy and two americans asked one of the cast member if this was (a) the uk and (b) if the big tower as the put was big ben

20. Janey

Janey New Member

My "favourite" questions are "Excuse me, where are tho toilets?" (Erm, just next to you? For some reason people just couldn't see them even when they were literally next to them) and "What time does the four o'clock parade start?" (Ummm... Riiiight. Although, to be fair it does depend on where you're standing ;)) This in DLRP. ;D