Photo Thread!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freckles, Sep 2, 2008.

1. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

The Super Lamb Banana was the original work of Japanese-based artist Taro Chiezo. Commissioned for the Art Transpennine Exhibition of 1998, the sculpture was a controversial addition to the public art arena in Liverpool. Standing an impressive seventeen feet tall and comprised of concrete and steel, the statue first attracted interest from its original position on the Strand. The unusual artwork was created to warn of the dangers of genetically modified food, whilst being appropriate to the city of Liverpool due to the port's rich history in the trade of lambs and the import of bananas. On 16th June 2008 as part of Liverpool European Capital of Culture around 125 2 metre high replicas of SuperLamBanana were been located throughout Liverpool and surrounding areas, all with original names and numbers. The miniature SuperLamBananas were on display for 10 weeks, finishing on the 25th of August, 2008.
    of all the ones i found this was my favourite
    [​IMG]

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Ooh Las Vegas is amazing!

Went on holiday for 2 weeks - spent a week in Vegas, and a week in California, obv with a trip to Disneyland! =]

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

those lamb bananas are cool. my friend posted pics in facebook and i had no clue what they were...now i do!!

Two pics from my first trip to Disney at the age of 6/7:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

aaww, look how tall the characters look in comparison to you.

5. Mr. Mortell

Mr. Mortell New Member

Aww you swo cwute! :D

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Well seeing as we're doing vintage!!!...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Enjoy!

7. Freckles

Freckles Guest

aawwww wicked! It so cool seeing old photos.

how old are you in those photos?

8. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

you are all super cool wearing your bum bags. i had one of these too for the theme parks!!

9. DisneyGibbs

I was 11, my brother was 9.

10. Some of these photo's are amazing. How do you post your own. I tried what you said earlier in the thread but i couldn't get it to work

11. DisneyGibbs

Ooooh here's a good one! Haha...I loved this castle, hate me if you want ;) :p :eek:

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Mortell

Mr. Mortell New Member

That castle was there when I first went too! October '96! I thought the castle was really like that!

13. DisneyGibbs

So I did! I didn't know anything different...then low and behold it came down. We went 28th December 1996 to sometime in Jan...two weeks we went for...it was a Christmas present! We got big boxes with balloons on top, and inside was a helium balloon with a message on the end from Mickey and Minnie telling us to be at Gatwick at 12.30pm on December 28th. It was amazing!

14. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

:eek: That is THE coolest Christmas present I have ever heard of!!

15. yeh, why can't i get a christmas present like that?

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

:eek: I want a christmas present like that, i would actually love that but i would doubt it would happen.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

This is a photo from a holiday to Pontins in Wales i think!

[​IMG]

18. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

I found a picture of the 25th anniversary castle today in the attic. Also the massive billboard in MK, ill have to scan those in as they are awesome. Oh and Andy's bed cardboard cut out...i foudn so many pics and none of it is left anymore. :(

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow! I want to see those. Btw Louisa, is that Cinderellas castle? Why was it like that?