PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by morrs084, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

My Italian next door neighbour asked to borrow my table once. They were quite strange though....

2. sgecoco

sgecoco New Member

I apologize for that stupit question, but whats a wellness appartment??

wellness ??

I read about 1 bedroom appartments, but I thought there isnt 1 bedroom app.?
    So if you live in one of the 2,4,6 or 8 room appartments my roommates would be from another county and female as well? I hope soo:)

Have anyone more pictures? I love to see where we will live

3. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Wellness is generally for under 21s - strictly no alcohol, it doesn't matter if there is someone over 21 in the apartment, still not allowed alcohol.
    A non wellness apartment is for those over 21 and you are allowed alcohol in the apartment. However if someone under 21 moves in it automatically becomes a wellness apartment.

There are 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedroom apartments but it is 2 people to a room so you would never live alone. You always live with the same gender and they could be from anywhere, might be the same country or might be from one of the others, you never really know.

4. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Aha wow I'd feel like a right nuisance if I ended up being put in an apartment that was non wellness, and it being turned into a wellness I'd be like... =D Heya Im under 21 so no more alcohol in the apartment, sorries =D

5. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

It's ok, the only time that really happens is if someone requests to move in to a non wellness and then I think all housemates have to sign something to say that they are happy for it to become a wellness.

My room mate had to do it. I moved in with her so she had to sign the agreement. She didn't really drink (ever) though so it wasn't an issue for her and it was just the two of us so we didn't have to fight it out with anyone else.

6. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Good times then really, finding someone who didnt mind, imagine if the person you was put with made a big deal out of it D= Not like its your fault really but still

7. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I moved into a wellness as i hated the appt i was in (my roomies one uk and 2 italian - the uk girl was disgustingly dirty and hte italians smoked pot in our appt)

me and aother over 21 moved into a room in a wellness and it was fine much better - no parties so we could sleep lol

The only time we missed being allowed alcohol was when we wanted to sit and chill on the balcony with a bevvy but then we just visited our mates in the over 21s so it was fine

8. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Awhh I hated my first apartment too!! I was with 2 chinese girls, 2 french girls, 2 norweigian girls and a german girl. I really liked the chinese girls and one of the norwegian girls but not the others.
    One of the norwegians stole my hair dye and completely denied it, despite the fact that one day her hair was blonde and then the next day it was v. dark brown and my v. dark brown hair dye was gone....
    The french girls didn't talk to me at all depite the fact that I shared my room with one of them.
    Luckily they didn't smoke pot though but I would go mental if they brought a guy back, I didn't actually care I just really didn't like her.

Awhh I really want to get in again, it was so much fun. I actually miss The Commons and all its drama!

9. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I can honestly say NORWEGIAN ROOMMATES ARE MESSSSY!
    I don't have anything against them personally, and i'm sure not every single one is.. but the majority are. At least for the girls, i haven't heard much about the guys. But Norway is a very wealthy country, and it doesn't seem like they're ready to live on their own.. just my opinion and many that i was on program with. I don't mean any offense to them tho!

And i'll take a look and post a bunch of COMMONS pictures. :)

10. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Oh lordy xD disappearing tables, borrowing tables, smoking pot, messy room mates, people you dont like xD Wow sounds like a T.V. soap, Ooooh the drama, Oooooh the... Conflicts... ( ran out of words to put in after drama)

Sounds Just like my place to be =D

11. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Hahaha I made it sound much worse than it is. It's all part of the fun.

And I agree, I have nothing against Norwegians in general. The girls I lived with were fairly untidy but they would always clean up after themselves, just maybe a few days later. I could live with that. I just didn't get one with the one because she would take my things without asking. Had she asked I think we would have got on quite well.
    I also don't have anything against the French. I just happened to live with two french girls who didn't want to speak to anyone else, even though I can speak french they still didn't want to have anything to do with me. But I didn't come across anyone else like that. I think it's just because they were coming to the end of their program at the time so didn't want to make the effort in making new friends.

As I said before though, it's all part of the fun and the experience. Some of the stories you will come home with... people just don't believe them sometimes.

12. pinkspideruk

My first appartment there was me (welsh) 2 botswana girls (one was my roomie) one french girl, one japanese girl, one norwegian girl and two german girls

The botswana girls were lovely but my roomie often wandered around our room completely naked or topless which i admit i found slightly uncomfortable - she also never locked the bathroom door, liste to christia gospel music and as she worked at animal kingdom and wa sup some mornings at 4/5 would be in bed by 8/9 every night. our room was always very clean and tidy

we shared a bathroom with the other botswaa girl and the french girl - both were friendly and increidbly tidy - the french girl was a little scary - she didnt hang out with french people or anyone

The germans were horrible one worse than the other- because my roomie was in bed so early i would sit in the sitting room or on the blacony and she would hate it if we had anyone else in the appartment. she would also complain if there was the slightest mess left anywhere - ot a problem for me i have ocd everything i have is kept tidy (despite the messy pic of my room lol) but she made it a horrible atmosphere.

Japenese girl was lovely but very messy 0 norwegian girl was really really messy - she was also completely nuts, didnt give a crap and her and the germans would often go at it.

I switched appts cos it wasnt very easy living with 7 girls. The ktichen was a little small and we had a small freezer between 8 of us

2nd appt

2 italians - me and another uk girl

italias were really loud, quite untidy and smoking pot which wasnt cool - if your smoking pot thats fine but dont do it in the appt where your roomies can get termed!

the uk girl was filthy disgusting dirty. dirty underwear on the floor - she had a moukldy sandwich in the bedside table drawer it was sick. i moved in there was a spopngebob square pants bra on the floor - it was still there when i moved out 2 months later!!!!! she was also creepy and ot respectful of personal space - i would be home from work just laying on my bed chilling for a few ad she would be in my face askig questio after question after questions arggghhh

Finally appt was me and another uk girl - we got on really well

shared with a norwegian who was lovely and a german who was really not ad annoying. the german girl was untidy - we had an appt agreement to take turns in taking rubbish out - on her turn she didnt take it - we ended up with roaches - we spoke to her she still didnt do it so we collected the roaches and put them in a jar for her in her room - after that she pulled her wait.

13. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey was you in apt 122 by any chance? i know its along shot, but i had that many people
    and they're was lots and lots and lots of Welsh stuff in the cupboard downstairs and a little welsh flag on the windowsill

14. pinkspideruk

i was in like building 14 final appt cant remember what umber i think it was 1412, before that i was 1423 zad before that was 2328 (i think)

15. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I remember when we found that stuff. There were LOADS of Welsh stuff.

16. kate003

kate003 New Member

My very first night in the commons my norwegian roommate (who I ended up loving) had a guy in our room! I nearly cried! It was soo awkward! I was moved into a 3 bedroom - 2 japanese girls (who were AMAZING and sooo nice even after I moved out), a french girl (who moved out right when I moved in) and 2 norwegians. All the girls were soo nice, and once I got over the initial shock of the guy, we worked things out and she always invited me out when I was new to meet all her friends so that was nice. When she left my best friend on the program so far moved in and things didn't exactly work out, so I ended up moving out to a one bedroom with another Canadian who was over 21 (I was under) and she signed the wellness agreement for me!
    They never move under agers in with over agers unless you request it. We use to drink in the apartment though...played a lot of WiiFit with wine actually...
    Her program ended and another Canadian moved in, she eventually moved out because I was never at our place because I pretty much lived with the guy i was seeing at the time in his apartment. Then another canadian moved in, then I moved to Patterson for the last month and a half of my contract and loved it there .... although I had enough clothes to not do laundry that whole time...
    If I get accepted again I think I'd like to live with people other than Canadians - not that I didn't all but one of my roommates, but I think it'd be good to branch out a little :) I have a ton of pictures too... i'll find some....

17. kate003

kate003 New Member

alright I don't know how apparently... does it just not like pictures from facebook?

18. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Wow...sounds like you had a pretty crappy deal in your first 2 apartments. Hopefully you would get a better deal next time - you have reapplied right? But I agree with you, 7 other girls is just too many people to live with. I know some people who loved it bur I just couldn't stand how disrespectful everyone was to each others cultures.

The norwegians used to leave those tabacco tea bags things - you know the ones they put under their top lip? That was really gross as you know it had been in their mouths for god knows how long. And they had a habit of blocking the toilet and then denying it.

19. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Kate you have to use an uploader.. i use Photobucket, but i don't really like it. You need to find something that will give you a URL for for the picture.. then go [ IMG ] [ / IMG ] (no spaces)

20. pinkspideruk

om facebook right click on the picture you want - click on properties - there will be a link midway down juust highlight the link right click ad copy then paste into the image brackets on here and it will work for pics from fb 0 you cat use the lik to ya fb page cos of privacy settings

thats how i posted mine :)

and yes i have reapplied again :) i dont mind the crappy appartments thjats all part of the experience and to be fair if i had been put into a 4 person originally with just my roomie and the ones next door i prob would have stayed there - 8 people in one appt is just too much - the freezer for those who havent gone is the size of a microwave - between 8 people you ca juist about get one pizza and some icecream in each if you take the ice tray out!!!!