PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by morrs084, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

We were fairly lucky then. We had two fridge/freezers. Still on enough space but much more reasonable than just 1!!

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Okay.. time to post pictures from THE COMMONS. - Enjoy!

[​IMG]

This is Little Lake Bryan.. it's the lake that's inside the commons. (not for swimming)

[​IMG]

A view of the clubhouse/bus stop area coming from buildings 9-28.

[​IMG]

This is The Commons Security and one of the American Coach buses that you take everywhere at Disney.

[​IMG]

The pool at The Commons.

[​IMG]

This was my very first apartment. I was only there for a month, but i loved my roomies!

[​IMG]

Better view of the pool.

[​IMG]

Yupp, The Commons even has a gazebo!

[​IMG]

If you're going to live there, you need to be prepared to see these and small geckos.. EVERYWHERE! Just be careful you don't step on these little guys. I ended up kicking a lot of them because it was so dark, and they don't move fast enough. =(

[​IMG]

This is inside The Clubhouse area.

[​IMG]

And this was my second apartment. Apartment 122.. i lived on the top floor. It was the best for creeping and being sneaky.. i guess. My roommate would spend hours peeping out the windows ;)

[​IMG]

Another view from standing at the bus stop.

[​IMG]

This was my roommates side of the room in my first apartment.

[​IMG]

Closet at my first apartment.

[​IMG]

This was are kitchen in my first apartment.

[​IMG]

Are living area. All of us arrived on the same day, and this was after a week and a bit.. so we still didn't have much up on the wall.

[​IMG]

Eating area..

[​IMG]

My side of the room..

[​IMG]
    My wall.. see don't be afraid to put things up on the wall.

[​IMG]

And then i moved into 122.. this was are room. By the way... my side is the clean side.

[​IMG]

This is about the size of most of the lockers..

[​IMG]

Inspection Schedule. Happens about every six weeks.

[​IMG]

Sometimes you get these guys coming to visit you. be careful though, they're all stray.

[​IMG]

The dressers..

3. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

Thanx for those pix! Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana (next to Vista Way) last September. The apt. rooms are bare.... but ok. My son is doing national service in Germany - compared to that room this is a 4-star hotel!

4. Missish

Missish New Member

I have the throw you have on your bed :D

The Commons look lovely! So stereotypically American, haha.

5. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

The picture you posted with the DENY and accept... did Ty Heron make that by any chance?? lol he made something similar for me with CDS... lol Oh the commons... When I was on the ship, every time I had a late start in Port Canaveral, I would drive to the parks and see old managers and friends. We would always stop at the commons. I never thought I'd miss it so much!!!

6. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Noo.. my friend Edd from the UK did it. ;) But i can definitely see Ty doing something like that.
    I know what you mean. If i was anywhere closer to Orlando i'd for sure do the same!!

7. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Can I please just say a HUGE Thank You for posting these photos! I can only imagine how long it must have taken you to upload them!! Just wanted to share my appreciation. ;)

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yes, she also liked to phone down to people standing at the bus stop to find out whether the stuff housing was giving out for free was worth getting up for! So lazy Mitchell.

[​IMG]

I love this picture...I was sitting at the bus stop and the barrier was coming down, and it kept going to eventually hit the floor. I did have to laugh.

9. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha that's funny! Perfect example of The Commons!! haha

10. DiegoZapien

DiegoZapien New Member

Give us more!!!

Gosh, I leave in almost 2 months and the time has never passed by so fast and slow at the same time!!

11. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

I was just looking through the photos.. and right at the beginning I had a feeling of nostalgia. I actually have the same Aladdin duvet cover from when I was a kid! Would never chuck it out, despite my Mum trying on numerous occassions!! Brilliant photos :)

12. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Wow. From all these stories about apartment horrors, I'm getting a little worried. Is it normal to change apartments at least once? I'd really hate to have to pack up all my stuff over and over again.
    Pictures are great, by the way!

13. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You don't have to move (although if you're apartment becomes less than 50% occupied they might move move you into a new one to make way for new CM's) but there might come a point where you want to! I moved from my first apartment because the new girls were always having parties (and whilst I don't begrudge anyone having a party, I wasn't getting any sleep. Ever.) and so I moved in with a friend. Then I moved all the way from one end of the Commons to the other (in the rain!) to live with a friend in a one bed apartment.

One bed apartments are like gold dust. If you get a chance to move into one it's well worth it.

14. kate003

kate003 New Member

I will definitely second that one bedroom thing! I lived in a one bedroom for probably 9 months of my contract and it was fantastic!!! :)

15. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

First of all.. don't be worried.. The Commons/Patterson life is really different from what you'd be like at home.. but it just becomes your way soon enough. Housing has done a pretty good job at housing all of us and keeping us safe - despite what you might hear sometimes. (it's those rare/random occasions you'll hear about)

And you don't really have any choice who your roommates are and which building you live in. Sometimes you make new friends and want to move in with them.. sometimes you just don't get along with certain roommates, or you don't like the location of your apartment. It is a lot of work moving though... i can say that. I remember i moved from building 9 to building 1 and it's maybe like.. a 1 minutes or so walk away.. but it took like 5 hours to move. Especially the deeper in your program you get the harder it is to move. I moved to Patterson from the commons in my last month.. and well.. if a certain friend didn't help my roommate and i move stuff with his car, i swear we'd be still moving our stuff now. haha

16. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Thanks for the answers!
    I also heard that the lower number of bedrooms you have, the more you have to pay in rent. Is it true? Like, what was the average you'd have to pay each week for 1, 2 3, and 4 bed apartments?

17. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Sam, in the second set of pics you posted (showing Mexican merch costumes - which btw is my fav costume in epcot lol), is that my brother sitting next to David Gunn?? Randommm

I dunno if it's been posted before, but concerning your bed, yes it's generic uncomfortable twin sized beds, but what quite a few people I know did was go to Walmart and buy an inflatible queen size one. Just a thought... I think when my brother first moved from Commons to Patterson though, he was in a 1 bedroom and they both had the queen sized beds and it was awfully tight.

I am one of the few people who technically stayed in the same apartment my whole contract. I did however meet someone local about 2 months into my contract though and therefore spent the remainder of my contract not in my apartment 95% of the time. I had great roommates though when I was there, and hosted quite a few parties with no complaints. The only thing was my German roommate was an active German Girls member and I was an active Canadian Girls member and once didn't talk to one another before discovering we both planned to have Happy Monday at our place lol

I was in a 3-bedroom in The Commons and it was great, and roomy - EXCEPT THE FRIDGE. In the 1,2 and 3 bedroom you have ONE fridge. 4 bedrooms have 2.... 6 girls and one fridge was rough. I bought a mini fridge and kept it in my room... a life saver!

Here are some of my pics... Most of the apartments all look the same...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HAPPY MONDAY haha This is on my balcony... The corner apts in the Commons have killer huge balconies. For a while, I used to have people over ALL the time to party on my balcony. "Pre drinks on Manda's balcony!" "After party on Manda's balcony!" lol I miss my balcony. Before you ask... the theme of the night was "Sloppy Drunk Wh0re" 8)

[​IMG]
    For our 5 month anniversary, my man and I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night... Cast holiday discount = 60 PERCENT OFF!! This was the view from our balcony

[​IMG]
    A tradition when you are done your contract in Canada merch: handprint the wall :)

[​IMG]
    No Ma'am and Canadian Girls "costumes" lol Note, this picture is not from any of the complexes, that's the apartment my husband and I lived in in Kissimmee.

18. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha ohh hey manda.. yeahh jaime was everywhere so it wouldn't surprise me if he was in one of the pictures. haha

19. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Manda, you were LITERALLY my replacement in merch.. well mine and three others! lol slash.. jamie king needs to make his way back into my life. <3 that boy!

20. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Ya, when I was there, 3 and 4 bedrooms were 87$/week, and I think 2 and 1 were 99$/week at the Commons. I believe at Patterson the rent was a tiny bit lower, however you don't have the laundry machines in your room so you have to factor in that you have to pay for your laundry there.

Casey, looking at our little countdown things, it looks like you're right! You program must have ended while I was in welcome week I would guess.... And Jaime King needs to make his way back into my life too! haha Haven't seen him since... I don't remember :-\ October?