Previous/Current CRP Participants -- Question for you!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by mywonderland, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

This is for anyone who has completed or is currently doing the CRP program. I just have some questions ... like is it worth it for the year etc..? Like I know there are going to be ups and downs and probably more downs than ups, but what did you take away from the experience? I'm not looking to make money, I just want an exciting adventure and a change up from the every day life kind of thing. Just looking to hear about thoughts and opinions on the program! If anyone cares to share, that'd be great! :)

2. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

Hi! As a personal expirience is totaly worthy, lots of friends, fun things to do, party, work expirience and awesome learning expirience too... I did crp and now im going back.

3. eee

eee New Member

If you get the chance to go, then go. Its so worth it! I have done the CRP, and are now going back in some moths. I wouldnt go back if it wasnt worth it. But I had the time of my life there, and cant wait to be there again. Its not only the work experience, but your life experience. You move away from home all by yourself, that makes you grow personally. You meet so many people from all over the world. You get to live in usa, travel, party. Generally its about going away, try a new life, meet new friends, work and just have fun:)

4. BeckyLee

BeckyLee New Member

I have a quick question, I was going to apply in January but due to work commitments was unable to do so. So I am hoping to re-apply when the programme re-opens in Summer 2012. How long did you guys have to wait from getting accepted to getting a start date because I hear some people have waited up to a year to go out.

Thanks ;D

5. Jenn_fs

Jenn_fs New Member

I applied summer 2009, got waitlisted in November 2009. Got accepted in Feb. 2010, started march 2010 and finished in march 2011. Not too long, I think the last arrival date of my interview group was in May. Hope this helps.

6. Southworth

Southworth New Member

I know uk applicants have gone back to two casting calls a year now
    last year they only did one.
    i applied in january and got my date in june july last year
    how ever i dont start till september this year
    so ive had a long wait
    but i wouldnt change it to be honest i dont feel prepared to leave everything behind yet and i have more time being 21 out there :)

7. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

IT IS SO WORTH IT!!
    I wish I could go back to living in Orlando and working at Disney more than anything in the world. My brother is doing his second contract now. I met a lot of great people on my program, including my now husband. You will have a blast, I promise.
    A lot of people go through a period where they want to leave for one reason or another but many people who I know who did regretted leaving early.

The ups definitely outweigh the downs.

I applied in summer 2008, interviewed in October 2008, accepted in November 2008, and started June 2009. My brother applied/interviewed/accepted the same days but he applied for a different position (me merch, him attractions) and started March 2009. Start days depend on when they have openings.

8. cielo

cielo New Member

Helloo!!

Im planning on going as a CRP, I was wondering if any of you know if I can be a character look alike, instead of working at the pavilion?!! I would really like to be a character!!

thank u!!