Program Recommendations

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Sellwegger, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone done any of the following:

Cultural Representative Program

World Showcase Fellowship Program

Waterpark/Sports and Recreation Trainee Program

If so can you make any recommendations as to which one is the best. Is it worth applying for a tipped postion or is the safety of a set higher wage the safest bet?
    I'm really interested in all of them, especially the waterpark/sports program. Do you get to work with any aquatic life in that program? Also, what's the deal with qualifications for that program?
    Is the social side of things better in one program than another or does it not matter?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice offered ;D

2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I've done the Cultural Representative program - that involves a year working in either a Food & Beverage location (often tipped), Merchandise, or Attraction position.

Both the World Showcase Fellowship Program and the Waterpark / Sport Recreation Trainee Program no longer exist. However if you are interested in Lifeguarding then the newly started International College Program does include it.

With regards to your specific questions, yes it is better going for a tipped position cos you earn alot more money. If you want to work with aquatic life (i.e. The Living Seas) then you do need specific qualifications which if you want to work with dolphins for example would include psycology (if I remember correctly). Socially there are advantages to each position. From my experience, in merchandise there are probably less in numbers and you stand around by yourself for alot of the time but you seem to form a closer bond. Whereas in F&B there are alot more of you so although you are friends with just about everyone you won't see each other day in day out. Which is sometimes a good thing. Either way you will see everyone in your pavillion or the location where you work most nights for parties and drinking games etc.

Hope that helps, any questions just ask!

Nick

3. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Hiya

Tipped positions do tend to earn more money as Nick said (Hiya Nick). I don't think the social life is that much different in any of them as most programs use the same accomadation and so its easy to mix. F+B tend to be a bigger group as Nick said so tend to have more going on but merchandise do their own things too and always seem to be having a blast.

Anyway the sports thingy program I have no idea about sorry.

Sarah A