quesssssssssssstion!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Lizzie, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

hey does anyone know if we find out BEFORE who we will be living with or how many people you'll be living with? or is it pretty much, you just find out when you get there? just curious if anyone knew?!
    -liz

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Hey
    Its very much you see when you get there! I think you used to be able to say a preference for the number of people in the apartment, but I don't think they do that any more!
    Charlotte x

3. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Hey everyone!
    I have some questions about what's in the commons apartments when we get there, I know this is probably gonna sound really stupid but hey i'm curious.
    Are there alarm clocks?
    Is it true there are washers and dryers in each apartment?
    Is there any type of music player?

Well this is all that i can think of right now but i'm sure i'll pop out some more questions later on, if you don't mind.

Thanks for the help!

4. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

You won't find out how many people you live with until you arrive. Even if you made a preference doesn't mean they will stick to it. As far as I know there is no way to request who you share with or which apartment prior to when you arrive and even if you apply for a change at some point during the year, it will depend on if they feel kind.

As for the other questions,

No they don't supply alarm clocks.
    Yes, if you are staying in the Commons there is a washer and dryer in each apartment, but there are shared ones in Vista Way and Chatham.
    There is normally some way to pay music in the apartment. People buy stuff when they're there and leave it after the contract so apartments tend to accumulate TV's, VCR's, Hi-Fi's etc but its not guaranteed. They're not expensive to buy one at Walmart or Walgreens though.

Rich

5. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

THANKS GUYS!! i dont really care..i was just curious...but thanks!!

6. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Thanks that helps! :)

I'll pop in in the next few days with some more questions...

7. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Okay guys,

Are we allowed to keep our Disney name tag after we've completed the program?
    Are there locks on the bedroom doors?
    What is this about "formal" nights that the website talks about? What is the definintion of "formal"?

Thanks a bunch you guys for helping me out with these!

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

yes i really want to konw if there are locks on the bedroom doors too! haha...and is there only one bathroom per apartmen? say if you're living with 7 people, is there only one bathroom?

9. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Hey!! how are you.
    Well the bedrooms do have locks but not many people uses them, i mean u have to decide with your roomate how the lock thing is gonna be used.
    and the bathrooms well usually there is one bath for each 2 people, so if there are 8 in the apartment there will be 4 baths and if its a 2 persona apt only one bath.
    And the formal nights im not sure if u are talking about the limo partys? if you are the limo partys are just partys and you have to be dressed formal, like if u were going to a wedding
    And finally... of course u can keep your name tag, and when u are there most of the people orders more name tags so usually u end the year with 2 o 3 name tags that you can keep.
    Carlos
    Mexico F&B 03/04

10. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

... some people even come away with their uniforms .... ;)

11. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Thank you soooooo much for answering all my questions everyone! It makes me look forward to this even more!

12. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Okay another question:
    What's the deal with hangers? Are there some there or will we have to buy them? and if there are some about how many?

13. Baruch

Baruch New Member

PEOPLE COOMING BACK WITH UNIFORMS????
    of course!!!

and just ask people comming back not only with their own location uniforms, sometimes tehy take back uniforms from mission space, test track, custodials, or many other pavillions..
    by the way.. the french suits and chests are really usefuls for limo parties..
    just take a look of it in..

http://groups.msn.com/disneyinternationalprogram

there´s an urban myth that the chineses guys like to take the ducks.. figure it out!!! u can take everything... if there´s something with a disney brand, remeber u are disney castmember lol

Baruch
    Mexican Pavillion F&B ´03-´04
    The Commons apt. 2812

14. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

RIGHT HERE WE GO THE DEFFINITIVE ANSWERS TO APPARTMENTS IN THE COMMONS:

YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOUR SHARING WITH OR HOW MANY TILL YOU GET HERE.

THERE IS A LOTTERY DRAW OF EITHER 2,4 OR 8 SHARING AN APPARTMENT

IN THE APPARTMENT. YOU WILL HAVE:

BED
    KNIGHTSTAND
    HALF A DRESSING TABLE, WITH MIRROR AND CLOTH DRAWS
    A SHARED EN SUITE WITH LINEN CLOSET AND WALK IN WARDROBE
    THE KITCHEN COMES WITH ALL CULINARY ITEMS
    DISWASHER
    WASHING MACHINE
    DRYER
    TELEPHONE
    FRIDGE/FREEZER
    OVEN
    MICROWAVE

YOU DO NOT GET:

TELEVISION
    CD PLAYERS
    IRON OR BOARD
    CLEANING IMPLIMENTS

BUT YOU CAN RENT.

ALSO IF YOU WISH TO PURCHUSE A TV WHICH MOST RESIDENTS DO THEN THERE IS FREE CABLE ABOUT FOURTY CHANNELS OF PURE US TELEVISION.

AND ON TOP OF THAT FREE INTERNET ACCESS IF YOU BRING YOUR LAPTON JUST PLUG IT IT NO CHARGES NO MESSING AROUND YOU PLUG IT INTO THE NETWORK IT LOADS ONTO YOUR COMPUTER IN SECONDS AND YOUR ON THE BROADBAND INTERNET YOU CAN USE ALL DAY AND NIGHT EVEN IF ALL YOUR ROOMATES ARE ON THERE AT THE SAME TIME, DON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

HONESTLY GUYS, WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED AND THEN SOME, I MEAN COME ON ITS DISNEY IF THEY WONT TAKE CARE OF YOU WHO WILL.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER JUST LET ME KNOW.

NICK DAVIES

15. Lady

Lady New Member

Thanks Nick, that's good stuff to know. You must be having such a blast! How have the first few days been? I'll be joining you down there in June so this is awesome to know before hand

Chelsea

16. Robert

Robert New Member

the first few days have been really hot and humid !!!!!