Question about ICP 09...

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 1, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

wow thats awesome, a campsite here is a field with a guy in a hut charging £20 for a night.

I want to do camp america maybe the year after disney if i get in of course.

I would want an RV.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'd love to go back, it was so much fun but really hard work - they don't stress that enough! I was working round the clock. I'd love to go back, but I'm trying not to think that far ahead. I'm way too much of a daydreamer, and there's so much I want to do, sometimes I forget that I need to concentrate on the stuff I have to do now otherwise I'll never get to follow my dreams!

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im the same.

i have a brochure for camp america. i had it as back up in case i couldnt do disney, still here just in case though. i would go out to do drama with learning. my mate is hoping to go out to do footy training.

i would like to go camping, as the only tim ei have been camping was for D of E.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would quite like to do camp america, but i was looking on the yummyjobs website of all the programs and things they offer. they disney adventure which looks amazing, but i would love to do the volunteering program they offer, we can go to the rainforest and things like that and help out. i think that would be amazing, and i wouldnt care if i wasnt getting paid because i would be doing a good thing.

5. vik

vik New Member

if you're interested in volunteering , at disney you can do give kids the world which is something that cast members get involved with and you have fun with kids who are sufferring from terminal diseases, its pretty intense, but everyone i know that did it loved it and its probably a good thing worth mentioning in the ftf interview cos they might like that you're interested in it, though they'll talk about it a little in the presentation at the ftf as well

6. CharlotteSparkle

omigod I'd love to do that! I love working with children.

I agree about there being so many opportunities, and the volunteering would be so amazing. Durham Uni does loads of stuff like that, I want to do everything!! There's trips to sri lanka, thailand, jordan, mount kilimanjaro...the list goes on. There's a hitch-hike to paris coming up but i need to make sure it doesn't clash with interviews.

7. mint

mint New Member

@ Vik

omg are you serious?? that would be amazing, i love working with kids and it sounds like an incredible programme ... i'm definitely going to ask at the f2f about that then!!

@ CharlotteSparkle: wait, are you at Durham Univ?? omg is it the university that is really gorgeous? ahha when i was applying to school overseas i was considering durham as one of my choices but in the end i decided on canada :)

8. CharlotteSparkle

yeah it's a stunning place to be at uni - i'm lucky that I live in Durham so I don't have to pay the ridiculously expensive accomodation fees. We do have a great ceremony in the Cathedral and get to wear Harry Potter gowns, SO cool!

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Vik: that sounds amazing, ive worked with kids at rainbow, brownie and guide level so it would be something i would be really interested in. does it take a lot of time up? or is it a shift thing?

10. vik

vik New Member

its something that you do in your spare time ie your days off and evidently you dont get paid for it! apparantly theres this ice cream van you can work at where you just give out free ice cream to all the kids!
    you can also take part in volentEARS which is not necessarrilly working with kids but you could be raising money for stuff, like my friend went bowling and all the proceeds from it went to the make a wish foundation
    like i say, they'll tell you about it in the ftf presentation, and tell a story that will probably make you cry about cinderella going to the hospital to see some little girl before she died...*wells up* theres a lot of stories like that that you'll hear but i guess thats why disney is such an awesome place for everyone

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

wow - I'm glad we have the option to do the voluntEars program on the summer one - I wasn't sure and it's something I'd like to do! also give kids the world sounds amazing too!
    if i don't get this i'll probably do something like camp america tho
    xx