Questions Questions And More Questions

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Sheridan, Jun 15, 2005.

1. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I'm bringing my laptop too. I've had my laptop with internet for 2 years and i'm not sure i'll be able to go without them for so long ;)

2. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

lol cant u use it in ur appartment then? ;D

3. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Hey thanx for the info! I was wondering if the wireless connection might not be strong...I work at a hotel, and we have that problem all the time!!

Still wondering about plane tickets?? I think its diff for some ppl, so for Canadians, does anyone know if we book our own?? I was told to wait until we get our pkg and visa to book the flight?? But if my pkg/visa won't come til like a month and a half b4 (as Ive heard), isn't that kind of late to book a flight? Or do they pre-book us one??

4. cheerAli@Disney!

cheerAli@Disney! New Member

Hey Sheridan,
    To answer you ticket question I do believe why Eric told us Canadians to book our tickets once we get our package and visa is because of unforseen circumstances. If you book to early your departure date may be changed and you are stuck with a non-refundable ticket. Or something could happen with the plane carrier (ie Jetsgo!) Generally you have about 48hrs flight a flight! So don't worry if you have to book it a month before our departure date. Most often it is cheaper to wait until then and you are only buying a one person, one way ticket! They will be tons left. Plus when your flying out (Dec. 6th )it is considered low season, so they will be seats left! Hope this eases the worry abit!

5. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

sheridan youll be fine ;D

6. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

haha...every time i see seat sales to Orlando all i want to do is book a ticket...it's so tempting ;)

7. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Thanx guys!! I guess that does make sense!! lol

8. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

go for it mel lol ;D

9. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I so should...i'll see what comes up in the nest couple weeks! :D

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Time off - You don't have much time off your first week...you are pretty 9-5 solid for the first few days...you may get a couple earlier days, but not a full day because you have to sign lots of papers and go to social security and traditions, etc. The first few days are very overwhelming. When you get your first full day off will depend on what you are doing...merch or f&B. Ellen is completely different which is why her sched is so different.

Merch Hours - I'm sure it's changed a little since they split Merch and Attractions a few weeks ago...but...You can't be scheduled for less than 30 hours. How much over the 30 will depend on whether you are 4/3 or 5/2...meaning whether you work 4 days and have 3 off or work 5 and have 2 off. If you are 4/3...you will work 8-10 hour days for 4 days, then have 3 off. It was usually 10:30-9:30. If you are 5/2...you will work 6-8 hour days for 5 days, then have 2 off. You would most likely start later in the day like 3ish. It depends on your seniority when the chance to pick comes around. But...you may luck out when you arrive because they assign the newbies whatever has just been left open by the oldies that left...so if they were high in seniority when they picked, you may get better shifts than others that are already there. I was 4/3 and used to get around 36 hours a week, which was the minimum for me...and was fine with me...I ER'ed a lot too.

Internet - Yes bring your computers. Wouldn't worry about wireless...just get an ethernet card and cable and you'll be fine. The internet is in every apt. so you can just take your comp and plug in there if you want to go somewhere else. It's only in the living room, so if you want to go on your balcony or bedroom you'd be in trouble...get a long cable! My wireless at home is a pain in the behind!!!

Plane Tickets - Yep, it's in case you have to be delayed or something else. Don't stress about seat sales...you get the money back and I was glad I didn't go cheap when I got like $400 back at the end. I went out August 6th and had no problem getting a flight out a month before. There are so many ways to get to Orlando, even if by chance the easiest is sold out! You book it yourself.

Anything else?

Shan

11. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Wow...thanx Shan! LOL...I think you covered alot! lol

Umm...what's they pay for merch&att??

12. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I think Eric said that the pay for merch/attractions was $6.80....unless that has changed in the last couple months...

Thanks Shan for answering those questions..you've been tones of help! ;D

13. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Sounds about right...I know it was changed during my year, up!!! YEAH!! We were so excited.

No probs, ladies. I loved my year, so I definitely don't mind telling you what I remember. I'm headed out west on Thursday for 10 days to see some of my Disney girls, so you'll have to fend for yourselves until I return!!!

Shan

14. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

oh no what will we do lol - no sara, no shan were gonna be totally stuck lol ;D

15. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

Have fun Shan! I'm sure it'll be great to see all your friends again! ;D

16. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I'm sure you'll be fine!! I talked to one of the girls tonight and she's bouncing off the walls with excitement. Planning to relive some of the Canadian Girls PI nights I think!!! Should be eventful!

Shan

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

lol hope you have fun ;D

18. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

Have a great time, Shan!! ;D

19. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Have fun Shan!! I think of more q's for when u return!! lol

Thanx for the imput of q's guys! Im sure there is still tons more!! lol

20. kelly_p