Questions Questions And More Questions

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Sheridan, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Alrighty! I have another question for u...as far as the passes for friends, can someone explain this in full? how many passes do we get for friends/family, etc?? Also, what are the discounts on the resorts like??

2. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i think it changes by season and what hotel it is etc? im not 100% so dont quote me on that, i believe u get 12 free entry passes for family and freinds - i may not be right?? ;D

3. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

hmmmmmmmmm

4. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

somone else will probably be able to tell u better ;D

5. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

hehe...yea, like SHAN! lol...we need her back to answer more q's!! C'mon kelly, u must be able to think of some more!! hehe

6. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

sara - she will no ;D

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I'M BACK!!! Glad to see I was missed. Had the best time. Saw like 7 of my old Disney crew. So much Disney talk and memories and new gossip!!!! Even went out one night and did it PI style!

Anyways, the hotel discount depends on what's available really...could be like 50%. It's wicked though. You can even get some discounts at off property hotels, but who wants to stay at the Comfort Inn when they can stay at a Disney hotel!!! My family usually stays at the cheaper Disney hotels when we go, but when I was there we stayed at the nicer ones to take advantage of it!

As for the passes...your maingate pass is valid for 12 days worth of admissions for up to 4 people (which includes you...so you and 3 others). You have to go with your pass and your ID and the people you are signing in to the cast turnstile at the park entrance. They will be given a one-day hopper pass so they can go in and out of whatever park for the rest of that day. Maingates are vaild from January to December with some blackout dates. Then in January you get a new one. So...here's the good news...you have from whenever you arrive until the end of December to use your 12 entries...then in January you'll get another one with 12 to use before you leave!!! We were shocked to find this out!!! If you run out, you can usually find a friend to help you out or you can buy discount passes.

Hope this helps...

Shan

8. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

wow! Thanx Shan!! Thats so awesome!! So Ill arrive dec 6th and have 12 passes, and get 12 more in jan!! thats wicked!!....so, does that mean, I can only get 3 other ppl in with me per day?? Cuz I have family coming in April...and its alot of ppl =) lol

9. Chris

Chris New Member

Do the passes have a time limit on them? I start in September, do my passes have to be used by December or can i still use them the following year, rocking rollover stylee?

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

When I was there, you had to wait 3 months before you got your maingate. Rumour has it that because it's the anniversary, you don't. Not sure if you'd get one in December or not because so much of December is block out dates...so you may just get one in January. Yep, only 3 per day. You can see if any of your friends or managers can help you out to get a few more in...or you can always buy discounted passes for them. The passes expire at the end of the year and no days carryover. You also sometimes get given comp tickets. I think I got two before Christmas and two in the summer and these are usually valid for a year or two at most Disney parks (Florida, Cali, Paris...)

Shan

11. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

hmmm...see my parents, brother, grandmother, 2 uncles, two aunts, and 2 or 3 cousins would all be coming together, the same time, in april...that kinda sucks that I can only get 3 in a day...and that the passes are only good for one day...hmmm...now I have some figuring out to do...

12. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

That's my problem too!  Since i'm going to be working in Disney, my family decided to make it one big family vacation with my parents, brothers & sister, grandparents...too many people, so few passes ;)

13. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

Can any of the currwnt cast members confirm this? Mu mom's birthday is in October and she's dropping anvils as to wanting to come to Florida

14. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

I have a question to add to the list. i was wondering if the orlando premium outlet mall is within walking distance from the commons and if so how long? i was looking at a map and it looks close. and the i ride trolley starts from the outlet and looks like a good thing to use on days off to get to different restaurants and attractions.

15. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Yep you can walk to the Premium outlets- think it takes 5-10 mins or so! :D
    Charlotte x

16. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Yeah you can walk there no problem, it is literally just across the street. Probably a little too close if you want to save any money! Ha ha!!!! :p

It's also good there now as there is a lot more things within walking distance of the commons. When I was there it was really only the Premium Outlets but now they've built quite a few things in that area like a Publix and I think there's a few eating places too.

You can also catch the trolley bus from the Premium Outlets which takes you right down International Drive. A few of used to have annual passes for Universal so used to take the trolley down there and saved having to hire a car!

Laura. ::)

17. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I want one of those! howmuch are the annual passes for universal? and how much is the trolly? and how much am I utterly betraying disney by getting one ;) :D

18. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I'm def getting one! I just had a look on their website- and it says the power pass (blackout dates apply) is $119.95- only $20 more than a 2 day pass it says!! :eek: and the preferred pass (no blackout dates, free parking and discounts) is $179.95. :D
    Charlotte x

19. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I just checked their website and HOW COOL does the halloween nights they do look? I want to go but it's so soon after I get there I don't know if I'll make it. I want to do disneys halloween stuff too, but chances are with how busy stuff will be they'll have us all working. Hmm, or maybe not? if the halloween night is on would they have it on the pavillions?

20. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

I think I paid around $160 for my annual pass (well actually less than that as my parents bought me a two day pass and I upgraded it!) but I think all in all it was around $160, which was a pretty good deal as we went loads! Plus you get free parking (if you have a car) and 20% discount of merchandise and some sort of discount off food too. The only thing is there are block out dates like Christmas, etc.

I went to Halloween Horror Nights, and it was the scariest night EVER!!!!! Absolutely brilliant, would definitely recommend it! I think I paid around $20 for that night as I got a discount with my annual pass. But at that time is was only in Universal Studios. I think now they have it in both Islands of Adventure and the Studios so it probably costs more! ???

Don't worry about betraying Disney! It was good to get away from the Mouse every now and then when I was out there!!! :p

Laura. ::)