Questions Questions And More Questions

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Sheridan, Jun 15, 2005.

1. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If you buy the cheap pass, you don't get the free parking or discounts. Most of us had the cheap one because most of the blackout days are the busy ones at Disney too and you'll most likely be working. They are the busiest days too, so why would you want to go then and have to line up, when you can go on a quiet day with no lineups!

Shan

2. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Im def gettin a universal pass when Im there!! I love parks!! lol

3. myriam

myriam New Member

So do I !!! :p

4. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I asked this before but no one answered so can any cureent CM's confirm when we get our maingate pass, as someone said we may get them sooner than 3 months?

5. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

whats this maingate thing or have i missed something ???

6. Bellas

Bellas New Member

Zanitta,

Hi.  I got my main gate pass a couple of weeks ago and I arrived on June 14th!!  I had thought, prior to leaving for Florida, that we got our pass as soon as 2 weeks.  Although a lot of people who I have talked to, who arrived the same time as me, are still awaiting their pass so I think it varies.  I would say its a safe bet that you get your pass before 3 months is up.

Neil.

7. Chavster

Chavster New Member

I arrived in April and still dont have my main gate pass. It's to do with your Social Secuirty number. When you get that you get your FULL Disney pass and not the temp one they give you.

8. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

aahhh I see

so how do you get paid if yu haven't got yuor SSN yet?

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I had SERIOUS issues getting my SSN. The Immigration Dept. had no record of me ever entering the country (great system!!), so it took me 9 MONTHS before I got my permanent yellow ID. I had the temp white one for the whole stupid time almost!!!! However, I did get my maingate after just three months. The other two that I arrived with got theirs in the mail and I didn't, so I went to the casting building across from Downtown Disney to pick it up...no sweat.

Shan

10. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

hm, what about... I already have a SSN... do I then get the ID and pass faster???

11. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

You won't get the pass faster, but you might get your yellow ID a little faster, but I wouldn't hold your breath!!!!

Shan

12. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

how do you get your SSN? I assume they help you? How long does it (usually) take to get set up (I assume it would have to be pretty quickly if you need it to get paid)?

13. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

On your second day of presentations/crap you get to go on a FIELD-TRIP (weee!) to some office in Orlando. Disney will bus you there (beware, last week the a/c on one of the buses was broken :-[) and bus you back when everyone is through. The day prior, Disney goes through the application box by box with you to ensure you fill it in properly. They also photocopy the necessary documents for you. The lady at the ss office didn't even ask me a single question and I was in and out in about thirty seconds!

~ Jen

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Ditto when I was there. 

TIP (that I got from my big sis there and it was the best advice she gave me!!!):  Sit near the front of the bus...be the first off and the first in the room...sit near the desks and be the first to go up because then you can be the first back on the bus to have a little nap...which you'll need cause it's so EARLY!!!!  Everyone in my arrival group must have thought we were the pushiest bunch of Canadians ever cause we almost ran them all over!!!!  But we were the first three done and didn't have to sit in the stuff room and wait.

Shan

15. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

*lol* thanks for the advise shan

16. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Hey everyone ;D
    Thanx for info guys! Keep it coming! The more I kno, the more un-nervous (if that were a word...lol) I become!!

17. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I thought i'd been slacking on my question answering, but it seems we've answered them all????

Shan