questions

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ericka86, Jan 26, 2005.

1. ericka86

ericka86 New Member

HELLO EVERYONE

I GOT A FEW QUESTIONS
    1 WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTIN ACCEPTED IF YOU DON'T HAVE ZERO WORK EXPERIENCE
    2HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THAT YOU GOT THE TELEPHONE INTERVIEW
    3HOW MUCH COST THE VISA

THANK YOU
    ERICKA

2. Marie

Marie Guest

hi Ericka,
    Are you from the UK?

I think they like some customer service experience - a lot of its about who u r as a person if youve got the disney factor. You'd be best to apply and see how it went - nothing to lose.

In terms of hearing about telephone interview it can take 1-10 weeks. Most people get a letter/email but lately cos its getting near the feb interviews people got called. Think i got an e mail offering me a telephone interview about 2/3 weeks after e mailing my cv.

In terms of visa i think if its like the J1 visa i had previously you just pay the application fee which is meant to be around $100 cos disney are sponsering us - but its worked out at a bad exchange rate so its around 65 pounds at the minute i think in the UK. Not sure tho - Michelle would know better, cos shes applying for one soon so prob got the info thru.

Good Luck
    Marie

3. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Ericka,

Welcome the the boards.
    I totally agree with Marie.,
    you need to get ur CV and Motive letter ( I know u dont call it like that :-[ ), and send to the recruiter in ur country.
    U will have to wait around 1 - 12 weeks. I did waited 12 for the phone interview. And u will get interviewed about why do u wanna be on the program, and if a foreign friends comes to ur country, u have to choose 3 places where u would take her/him, and why.
    About the cost of the Visa, it varies by country. Here in Mexico it is around 250.
    Hey where r u from?
    I have seen u at nights here at the forums.

Well gotta go
    Nice to meet ya
    Welcome.

Robb ;D

4. ericka86

ericka86 New Member

in the disney add it says that all you ned to apply is have at least 18 years be ougoing ,flexible and willigness to share a room with other people but is really all that it takes to be consider in the program is there someone in the room that get in just with this requsites or you need to have other skills in order to get in
    ericka

5. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Ericka,
    Its really hard to say. I know some people have been rejected on here for the one year program cos they dont have customer service experience. Is it the one year or the college program you want to do?
    More than anything Disney just look for people who fit in with their culture and are their kind of people. Best thing is to apply. Or contact yummy jobs if ur in the Uk and ask.
    Good Luck
    Marie xxx

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

HI Erika!!

As the others have said its more about who you are than what experience you have. I dont have any experience in food and bev but Ive been offered a f&b position on the programme. It is good to have some customer service experience though as Disney put a huge emphasis on the importance of good guest service.

As for the Visa, I think the current price here in the UK is £60 for the actual Visa and then an additional £10 to get your passport with the visa stamp in couriered back to you, so £70 in total. If youre not from the Uk then your best bet would be to check out the American Embassy website for your country as thats where i got the info from!!

Good luck with your application!!

Michelle xx

7. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Ericka,

Now I remember, u from Mexico.
    Thats cool.

Hey as the gals thave said, u know it is more about who u r.
    I have got the same sample as Michelle. This is going to be my first job.
    Ur laboral experience is not so taken into account rather than ur personality.
    Of course as being Mexican, u have got to go a really high level on English, but they will test it in the phone interview.

Hey how about if u write to Lic. Liliana.
    ayalalili@prodigy.net.mx

She is the recruiter in Mexico.

Just write that u r interested in the Cultural Representative Program, and she will send u the data.
    I think the next interview in Mexico is in April, u r in time, so dont worry.

Robb ;D