Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

I'm definately gunna toddle along to the one on the 22nd - want to get as much info about this as possible! :)

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yupp me too! for sure, this opportunity is definitely worth not passing up on, we need to get there!!! :D

3. lydisney

lydisney New Member

What job did you have?

4. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I worked flipping burgers, cleaning fryers, attempting to empty bins waaay heavier than me, wrapping up turkey legs and explaining to angry customers why they're isn't enough chairs to sit on..

I worked in one of the converted McDonalds :) ooooh fun.. ha. :/

5. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

Yay I'm so excited that they're doing Universal!! ;D Thank you so much for telling us!! :D

Shall we set up a facebook event or something so we can organise to meet up on the 22nd? :D

6. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

a facebook event would be pretty snazzy, nice idea! :D

7. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Yeah! That's a great idea :)

8. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

I’ve set up an event, but I’ve set it to private cause I don’t want to tell anyone that I’m applying; is there a way I can still invite you guys? Or is there a way I can set it to public but hide it from coming up on my friend’s news feeds? ???

Sorry I’m rubbish at Facebook!! :p

9. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

So how far are you guys travelling to this? I'm sure there will be other presentations besides Leeds, maybe before spending a fortune on trains etc you should see if there is one closer to you?

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I have a class that finishes 30 mins before the presentation on the same campus so i'm set :p

11. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

I'm going from notts so couple of hours but my bros at leeds so I'm tying it in with a visit to him

12. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i think you may need to be friends with the people you're inviting before you can invite them:
    here's my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663062223 just let me know that you're doing the disney/universal thing, or i'll have no idea who you are lol

13. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

im following andrewjasons lead so heres my fb too! :) http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Emma-Victoria-Baker/888380633

14. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

I can't make it to Leeds next week :( so you guys will have to update us with everything you find out!!

I just finally heard back from GREAT Exchanges which is the company Universal had told me do their recruiting (although we now all know it is now Yummy Jobs!) She didn't tell me that they aren't the company doing it anymore but here's what she said:

Universal will not be visiting any universities this year for interviews. They will however be interviewing for the summer program only in the Spring. I suggest you watch their website closely for the exact dates they will be in the UK.
    Good luck!

Hmmm, a little weird!

15. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yeah, so alliance abroad just got back to me regarding the universal program

"Hi Andrew,
    Absolutely! I will ask our partner in the UK, Yummy’s jobs, to contact you this week.
    Have a great day!
    Vanessa"

so yepp, yummy jobs is definitely responsible :p
    (i posted this in the facebook group as well btw) :p

16. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

17. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey is there a link to the group?

& anyone wanting to goto the presentation i finish my class at 1.30 i could come meet u :) It's a bit of a pain to get to tho cos it's not actually in Leeds, does anyone need any help? x

18. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

i cant seem to post a link to the event, i think you can only see be invited to it if we're friends on fb so i can always add you or vice versa. think most people who are going are already on the event and i think its only like 4 of us :)

have no clue where it is though haha! x

19. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm in the group now :) it's at Headingley Campus, u need to get the 95 bus from the train station to Bodington Hall and ask the driver where to get off.. it is literally a right pain to get to if u dont know where ur going unless u drive lol or u can get the 28B from in town which goes straight to the campus x

20. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

ah yes, i pretty much have no idea how to get there lol, at least it'll be adventure trying :p