Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Piglet

Piglet New Member

If u get really really stuck just get a taxi from town to Headingley Campus, itll probz be like £5 maybe £6 from the train station but least u'll make it there :p I'd love to meet up with everyone but i have classes all day and loads of work to do :( will be there for the presentation tho, it's on my break luckily :p hopefully i can see u all then? maybe we should all wear something recognizable like a disney top lol

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

a disney top haha, i love that idea, i'm up for it!!! and yeah meeting for the presentation would be awesome :D is there some kind of landmark-y type thing we could all meet up at by the pavillion?
    or just at the entrance? :p
    also, i can't seem to find pavilion 333 on the headingley campus map, is it next to something like the library or SU?

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

WHOOAAAAA. I've only just come back on the forum after being in the whirlwind first three weeks of my CRP... YUMMY are doing UNIVERSAL recruitment now!!?! :O

4. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

ohhh its at headingly?! my bros at that campus so hopefuly he can show me how to get there! i dont think i have any disney tops with me! (i know that sounds awful!) but i think theyre all at home, not at uni. i do have a pair of minnie ears though haha see you all TOMMOROW!!

5. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

6. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey i wouldn't worry about finding the Pavillion, if u meet at the main steps (James Graham) thats like the landmark, i can find out where the pavillion is during the day, they have a helpzone or u can ask most helpdesks like in the library and stuff :p

7. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i called to ask where it was, i think it might be room 333 in carnagie pavilion, worth double checking though :p but meeting at the main steps of james graham is a good idea, see you there! :D

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey i've found out its at the stadium so do u still wana meet on the steps? text me if u can cos i have no1s numbers and no idea whats happening now lol my number is on the facebook page :)

9. lydisney

lydisney New Member

how did it go guys?! xx

10. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

It looks really good!!

This is basically a copy of my notes for the people who couldn’t go ;D

The Universal Orlando Resort International Program is done by Yummy Jobs with the Alliance Abroad Group, and the AAG are the ones that sponsor the visas.

You’ll work at either Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure or City Walk (not the hotels), but pretty much everyone will be working at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

You work 30-40 hours a week, for $7.75-$8 an hour with 2 days off a week, and the placement lasts for 3-4 months.

The positions available are:
    Sales Associates
    Service Cashier
    Food/Merchandise Cart Attendant
    Busser
    Gameskeeper (working on the basketball games etc)

If you work there you get free admission to both parks, discounts on food and merchandise, tickets to advanced movie screenings and there are team-member only events and days out.

You arrive on June 12th or 13th, orientation on June 14th, work starts on June 15th, ends on September 5th and housing ends on September 8th, and you get 30 days left on your visa after September 5th to travel around America (I’m not sure if those are fixed dates or just an example).

You’ll live in Middleborough farm, about 2 miles away from the parks, and you have to sort out your own transport each day, but there’s a bus stop nearby. You pay a $200 deposit, then $110 a week is deducted from your pay check. There’s 2 people per room, some stuff like a washer and dryer are provided, but other stuff like bedding you have to bring (like in Disney). There’s high-speed wired internet in each apartment, a pool and spa, gym etc., and the accommodation’s close to Mall of Millennia and Super Target.

There’s 3 stages of application, the same as Disney: the online application, then either a phone interview or presentation thing, then the final interview with Universal. The online applications go live at the end of November, phones interviews and pre-recruitment presentations early 2012, then the final interviews are in late February/ March 2012, and 50-100 people get to go.

The program costs $1085 (£700) that covers your visa, medical insurance, people from Yummy Jobs and AAG to look after you in the US and your SEVIS fee (I don’t know what that is :p ). Then it’s $140 (£90) to book an embassy appointment and £60 for a criminal background check. You have to pay for your own flights, but if you book with Yummy Travel they group all the Universal people together, and they guarantee it to be the cheapest flight or your next flight’s free. But yeah, it’s pretty expensive. :-\

Also, they said that 3500 people applied for the Disney Summer IP, and only 220 people got to go, so it’s not *so* bad that we didn’t get it seeing as so many people applied :D

11. mufcgirl

mufcgirl New Member

Thanks so much Kate for posting this!
    It does sound great, although sounds like they don't want many people. Also I wish they provided transportation as public transport in Orlando sucks!

12. Piglet

Piglet New Member

u can get unlimited travel on lynx buses for $50 for 30 days, i had that when i was over for Disney, it's great but sometimes the buses don't show up, i waited 2 hours at the bus stop once so i'm not sure how u cud guarantee being at work on time :/

13. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

2 hours late?! oh that's pretty bad, i guess you could leave for work early and if the bus doesn't show up just walk, but i don't really fancy a 2 hour walk in 100 degrees lol

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

So Yummy have posted the Universal program now... gonna email Nick I think to check I can defs apply now it's a no from Disney.
    Harry potter world would be amazing :)
    xx

15. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

good luck to everyone applying!!!! :)

16. Hanr22

Hanr22 New Member

I'm on a waiting list with Disney until the end of February, which is obviously good if I end up getting a place, but I have a feeling I wont, and it therefore means I can't apply to the Universal programme either as my application is still active... I guess you guys will have to let me know how Universal is and I'll consider applying next year!

17. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

For all those that were rejected and were interested in the CR program instead, applications have opened early :)

just thought id let you all know in case you hadnt heard etc :)

18. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

just curious- did anyone specifically mention harry potter in their application, or just have it as a standard Universal Orlando one? :p

19. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

I put both :) I put that I love Universal lalala and that last time I went I was amazed by the Wizarding World of Harry Potter :D

Do you know when we'll hear anything? :)

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey guys did you all apply? :)