Role Change

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by vicc96, Dec 26, 2009.

1. vicc96

vicc96 New Member

I have just been accepted for July 2010 and I am not 100% happy with one of the roles I have been given. Does anyone know if there is any chance they will let me swap roles?

Thanks

2. ariella

ariella New Member

They won't let you change roles. Once you accepted that role you have committed to it.

The only people who get role changes are character performers and lifeguards and that is only if they fail the audition or lifeguarding test.

What role do you have? I would still do the program regardless because work is only so much of the program. The friends you make, the experiences you get to have, it's all worth it regardless of what role you have. And working at Disney is so worth it, every role is truly magical because of where you are doing it.

3. vicc96

vicc96 New Member

Hey thanks for your help.

I got the vacation planner role. The other thing is I have only verbally accepted it over the phone I have not received my written acceptance yet. As this is the case I thought maybe they would let me change.

4. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

You can ask to change roles at any time, but then you lose credibility and if you ever want to work for Disney again it could reflect badly upon you. Lifeguards can switch if they're just uncomfortable with lifesaving, and character performers can switch if they're uncomfortable or claustrophobic or what have you. I was custodial and i have knee issues and once my manager found out she said she could find me another place to work if I needed it. Why don't you like vacation planner?

5. vicc96

vicc96 New Member

Ok well I will not ask to change if it is looked down upon! I just thought if they don't fill up the program and their were roles still available they wouldn't mind.

I just didn't put it as one of my prefences and I don't know much about the role. Has anyone done it? What was it like?

6. Mr T

Mr T New Member

perhaps a bit off topic but vaction planner sounds really cool I dont remember seeing that on the form, what does the role consist of

ad x

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

My mom wants to be a vacation planner for life! And a friend of mine I think did vacation planner on the CP program and he loved it. You're basically a ticket seller I think, but for a lot of guests you START the magic, so you should love it.

8. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Mr T = i'm pretty sure this isn't an ICP role... it's a CP role only :)

9. vicc96

vicc96 New Member

Thanks everyone for your help! I have decided this role won't be so bad after all! I guess originally I just really wanted to work inside the parks.

Also this role is open to ICP's as I am an Australian. Maybe its not available to all countries?

Thanks once again.

10. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I am going to be a vacation planner, so just wondering what it was like for you? Like what costume did you have? (im dying to know this since I have tattoos and want to know if the costume covers it!)