ROOMIES!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by kelly_p, May 13, 2005.

1. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Haha... haven't played those for years. I remember those crazy birthdays of mine when I was, like, 6. Hey Charlotte, don't worrry about the tea. You can do the same thing that they do for the kids tea party at WDW... just drink chocolate milk out of a tea cup.

Funny story.... I was thinking about having a Mad Hatter's tea party for my going away party cause I love afternoon tea and I thought that, along with the disney theme, would be kinda cool. Well, I was out voted. :( Just having a normal bbq now. Ah well, just happy to be getting everyone together before I leave. Mmm... clotted cream and scones and cucumber sandwiches... mmmm.... Okay, yes, Ellen, you will definately have to do up a proper Engish afternoon tea.

Sandra :)

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

it's a date! :D We should do it on the Queens birthday!! that would make it SUPER BRITISH! :D haha!!

I'm having a BBQ as my going away party...didn't think of a tea party...but maybe I'll buy a few tea party bits for it.....what am I going to do in the states without fondant fancies tho!?! I love them....they're the life and soul of a kids party!!! how did I forget them before?!?!?

Ellen x :D

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Haha everyone seems to have nice cilil going away things planned! I have the VIP part booked at a bar that often has pole dancing competitions!lol

xx

4. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

i can only do Frozen yorkshire puds, and they wither come out burnt or under cooked.... not very good at cooking, but love doing it (if that makes any sense!!)

See you all out there - mine will be the apartment with the fire alarms going off all the time - my friends at uni always know it was me :-[ :-[

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

:D ;D ;D yeh hey olga..yeh ill try scan a pic in ;D

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

heheh i will do..... ;) ;D ;D
    xx

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol linz, well thats u and me covered haha

awww english tea, scones with clotted cream and jam with a good cuppa tea!

i love me tea, im already makin tea for the canadian guys when i get there... i get roped in2 everythin

yorkshire pud wise. not bad on makin them, im practicing all my cookin skills b4 i leave, best things i cook though are cakes, have an addiction to bakin cakes lol

xx

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol sara ull come in handy .....with all the cake baking...we know who to come tooo :D :D :D :D

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

anyone ever tried scottish tablet?
    x

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

:-[ no..what is it ...do share... ;) ;D ;D ;D

;Dx

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

its Kinda like fudge if youve ever tried that. its hard to describe.

its made with sugar and condensed milk....completley calorie filled! but its the most beautiful thing ive ever tasted! so creamy and sweet! I'll have to make some over there!

x

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

yeah ive tried fudge.. :D ;D..sounds yum..yeh defo make sum ;D ;D ;D

xxx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

I'll deffo try. its apparently sooo hard to make. coz its a really think paste by the time it boils then you have to stir it for about 20 mins!hard work! my granny's always made it!lol

But cant be doing without it for a year so im gonna give it a go sometime soon to see if i can manage!lol
    x

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

TABLET!!!! Lindsey, you just said the magic word in my house!!! Craig made me bring some home after my first trip and my whole house LOVED it. So, I bought more on my trip that I met up with you. And...hopefully...Craig will have some in his suitcase when he arrives on Tuesday. And Super Noodles...mmmm...Super Noodles.

As for roommates...having been there and having had a few...I had two norwegians, a brit, chinese, japanese and french. Not meaning to offend anyone, but my norwegians and my brit were the best. It's obvious because the ease in communication and we are all used to the same living style. My japanese was good and you never really knew she was there, but she often did some WEIRD things...like just randomly sitting on the couch and staring at the wall...no, not drunk. My chinese was nice, but she ALWAYS had these dinner parties with a bunch of her friends cooking horrible smelling stuff in the kitchen, so if you got home after her, you were pretty screwed for making yourself dinner. And her friends called ALLLLL the time. The phone was never for any of us, so we just stopped answering. The french girl only moved in a couple weeks before I left, but I think she would have been cool. People seemed to have the biggest problems with chinese, japanese and moroccan roommates (although there shouldn't be anymore morrocans in the Commons now).

Shan

15. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

shan...........ur bringing back memories for me..........all the times i would go to other peoples apartments and there would be like a huge crowd of chinese cooking foul smelling stuff (for those of u who think ur gonan get some nice chinese meals cooked for u - think again!!!!!)

i still cringe now at the mess of my friends kitchens because they would cook fish and noodles and meat and leave the remains and the rubbish everywhere and it was like totally gross!!!! eugh

mmmmmm i love tablet, having just returned from glasgow i ahve to admit that i completely over indulged in the stuff, and i found the best stuff is from this highland store in inverary.............mmmmm so buttery but sweet and just the best stuff ever!!!

ona.. send me some more!!!!!! lol

16. Melissa

Melissa New Member

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like CHinese food. Anyway, I as a Chinese will cook noodle for my lunch or dinner

17. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Lol I know that feeling. The campus I'm on now is predominately non English students and my entire block is Spanish and Chinese...oh and me ;D

I have to run for the kitchen a good hour or so before I actually want to use it!

18. Melissa

Melissa New Member

If I know that my roomates do NOT like the smell of food I cook, I will NOT cook it. I wanna be more considerate.

19. Melissa

Melissa New Member

THanks . I LOVE dessert. We both do. hahahha ;D ;D :D :D :D

20. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

;D ;D ;D true very true... :D

xx