September 28th now!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by kerriejordan, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Piglet

Piglet New Member

It was in January/February last year but u shudn't really think about Universal if u really want to work at Disney lol x

2. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

There's no harm in wanting to do both :)

3. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Why not?

4. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Just because Disney and Universal are completely seperate but in your interview for Disney you wanna be showing how much u wanna work for them :D If they know you're interested in Universal too then it kinda seems like you don't really mind where you are as long as you're in Florida. This might be the case but in the time being just concentrate on Disney if you really want it :) I know how you feel though x

5. BeautifulBelle

I understand where you're coming from but that's not the case with me. I've wanted to do a Disney International program for five years now, so I'm definitely keen to say the least! But having a back up plan (Universal) just in case my Disney dream falls through this year, doesn't make me any less interested in Disney, it just makes me sensible. If I didn't get Disney I'd be gutted, but at least being in Universal wouldn't make me as depressed like being stuck in rainy old England would!

6. Piglet

Piglet New Member

haha yeh true and I'm exactly on your wave length because I did it last year! I didn't even get an interview for Disney so I went for Universal. But what's a bit frustrating I guess is for those that wanna do Universal more than Disney. (It's hard to tell cos we're on a Disney forum but I bet there's people that have dreams of working for Universal) So they all have to put up with us Disney geeks going for Universal after we don't get through..

Anyway I don't really know what my point is but do you see what I mean at all? haha x

7. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

I do get what you mean, my thought process was that Disney is so competitive that Universal would be a natural second choice if my application with Disney didn't get anywhere. I love Harry Potter too, so I think I would be happy spending a summer working for Universal - but I'd rather be working for the mouse. I know there are some people who will want the Universal program more than me but, the way I see it, there's no harm in putting an application in and seeing if the recruiters think that I'd be suitable for it - if Disney doesn't work out, of course.

8. BeautifulBelle

I absolutely agree with you M - that's exactly how I see it. But yeah Piglet I do still see where you're coming from!
    Anyway, on a brighter note, I just received my start date for DCL! It's the 25th October. That works in perfectly with the pre-screening interview with Yummy (fingers crossed I even get that) but it's most certainly pushing it for the "late October final stage interviews" if I get to that point. I'm lucky they've even bringing it forward at all to be honest!

9. Piglet

Piglet New Member

yeh i'm lucky too cos i have a trip booked to America in November and so would be out out of town :p & I love Harry Potter too :D btw this is gunna sound pretty stupid but what does DCL stand for? I've been trying to work it out but given up lol x

10. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Ive been confused about it too Piglet haha! But im guessing she means Disney Cruise Line.. And if you are Briar Rose, SO JEALOUS! haha.

Always wanted to go on a Disney cruise ever since I seen the advert for it at the beginning of the The Little Mermaid video tape! LOL.

11. BeautifulBelle

Oh I'm sorry! Me and my Disney lingo. Yeah, Disney Cruise Line! Wahoooo