Smart clothes?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Michael, May 10, 2006.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Hey kids

just a quick enquiry... what are people thinkin about takin smart clothes over?
    im sure we have to wear smart clothes for traditions or for at least one or two days...

i think im just gonna take over a pair of black pants and maybe a shirt or two... GUTTED we have to wear clothes like that though... gonna be drippin wet in MINUTES bouncin round the park in full clobber ::)

2. Members Only

Members Only New Member

Yeah, when I saw that I was like.

Are you kidding me, it's gonna be soooo hot, lol. Have to get inside with the AC fast.

Yeah, really though I'm just pretty much planning on taking what you listed above.

3. KC

KC New Member

Gonna take one, maybe two pairs of pants (my old scout pants were formal, so I can take them as the second ones if I want!) and then, two or three shirts. I reckon they'll nearly need washinig between uses from the sweat, so I suppose it's good to be able to rotate...

Not sure yet. Not even thought about packing... 3 exams left... then it'll start! :D
    KC

4. lisab

lisab New Member

i was wondering the same thing....do we have to have long sleves? will 3/4 length arms work?( i hate dressing up...)

5. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Dressing up's fun....but I dont have a spring suit. Hopefully just the shirt and tie will be fine....

6. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

I was thinking about wearing like a shirt/blouse thing. Its got short sleeves tho,Will that be ok?!

7. Michael

Michael New Member

if i had short sleeve shirts id be there... i wouldnt worry.. as long as its smartish it will be fine... dont panic... there will not be a kick off because too much of your forearm is showing haha ;D

8. emma

emma New Member

ur not allowed to show ur shoulders at all girls, so no vests tanks camis nething ike that, if u wanna wear one has to be a two piece with matching cardi, lads can wear short sleeve shirts yeah. NO FLIP FLOPS NE1 my friend lernd that the hard way at a class

9. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i think i'll just wear smart trousers and shirt... do we need a tie???

10. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

Can I wear a tank top or cami UNDERNEATH a blouse?? I really think this would help me out...BIG TIME!! I do have 2 suit jackets that I am bringing but I WANTED to bring some blouses with skirts that I wear open with a matching cami under it!! PROFESSIONAL of course!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

11. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

I've bought a short-sleeved smart jacket...do u think jackets r necessary? might just return it if not! little concerned about the heat factor :S

12. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I was just thinking about taking a couple of knee length skirts and a couple short sleeve blouses and ballet pump type shoes. Do we have to spend anytime outside wearing these clothes or is it all done inside?

13. emma

emma New Member

we had to walk a ful tour of epcot in our blak suits, wasnt fun in the first week of september

14. chezza

chezza New Member

im just takin a black or plain wrap dress? do we only dress smart for 1 day?

15. Ona

Ona Member

Wow so they are making you do Discovery Day in business attire now? :eek: They used to do it in the past but my arrival group (july '03) were the first able to do it in casual. Even shorts and vest tops were fine. That sux if they have gone back to the old way of doing things. I can't think of a good reason why that is necessary. 'Tis cruel. ;D

For Traditions, you are inside. And for merchantainment or food & bev class you will be inside too. It will basically only be your park (or resort) specific training where you will be outdoors in business attire. For your on the job training, you will be in costume so no worries there.

So really, if I'm recalling correctly, there will only be one day where you will be outdoors in business attire.

Ona x

16. monkian

monkian New Member

hmmm...this calls for some serious thinking on the fabric side....no wool suits for me......hmmmm

17. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Shoes? what is and what isn't acceptable for shoes?

18. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

I'm just waiting for all the May 14th guys to get settled down there....then I can bug them with 1,000,000 questions so we know what to pack and what to leave home :)

19. kristol

kristol New Member

can I wear black sneakers to work???

20. monkian

monkian New Member

i doubt it! seriously don't see disney letting you away with that one!

if only....but then maybe it dpends where you work! you never know