Smart clothes?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Michael, May 10, 2006.

1. kristol

kristol New Member

I hope so, cause i think u'll be standing all day long

I so dont know which shoes to pack

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I know for the Canada pavilion you need to buy work shoes down there, I believe I was told they look like hiking boots. I'd assume other countries reps would need to buy specific shoes that fit their costume as well...

3. Ona

Ona Member

Don't bring work shoes with you. You'll be told specificly at your work location the type of shoes you will need. Most folk buy them at walmart or the outlet mall (bit more expensive but Clarks have some cooooomfy shoes. ;D) There is also a WDW shoe mobile. I still laugh when I say that. :D

Kristol, some work locations may allow black trainers (with no logos etc.). It will totally depnd on the managers in the location. Personally, I don't think it should be allowed at all. To me, it's pretty bad show. There are plenty or comfy, practical, black shoes out there. I don't see the need for trainers. JMHO. :-\

Yeah Jorden, but Canadian F&Bs need 2 types of shoes. ::) For the outdoor carts, you need the Timberland style boots and for Le Celier you need regular black shoes. Most other countries I can think of, just need black shoes.

Ona x

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I suppose that makes sense Ona being they have different costumes and all... dosn't matter to me much (yet) since I'm going on that Alumni program (on my first trip down) and dunno what park I'll be in, let alone what area/costume I'll have either.

5. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

I continue to read people talking about "FORMAL" attire?? :eek: :eek:

Your joking me right?? HONESTLY.....WHAT FOR??

I don't see how I have to bring FANCY clothes??

Jackets and dress pants maybe but fancy clothes??

HELP ;D

6. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I'm talking about 'formalish' shoes for traditions....are dressy sandals alright? I have to buy something as all I own are flip flops and runners. I dont' think those will go over too well.

7. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Don't wear dressy sandals for Traditions. That's bad show. The shoes you wear have to be closed in the front and the back and if you gonna wear a skirt you have to wear tights.

I remember that they have sent ppl back to the Commons because they didn't wear proper shoes and they got a note in their file.

dani

8. NicolaB

NicolaB New Member

Dani - does this apply to the classes throughout the year aswel or just the initial traditions?
    Thanks.
    x

9. Dannii

Dannii New Member

As much as I know "yes"... we even had to show up in Disney look to our graduation... I did a sign language class and I had to wear nice attire or my costume ( just imagine sitting in a sign language class in a bavarian dirndl), I felt so stupid :-[

dani

10. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

Do they check to make sure you are wearing tights? Or do you have to wear dark ones?

11. Dannii

Dannii New Member

the managers in my pavillion did check and they do it the "hidden way"... u don't wear dark ones - they have to be nude

dani

12. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

How do they check?????

13. kristol

kristol New Member

I'm just gonna buy my work shoes over there, does anybody know how much they will cost??

xxx

14. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Is the formal attire restricted to black and white? Ive saw some really nice shirts, but one is red and one is pink!

15. Dannii

Dannii New Member

you can buy shoes at walmart (we merchies did that) or at the outlet mall, don't worry, you will find some really good shoes.. there is also the shoe mobil, i think ona did mention it before. the shoes there are "da real disney look ;D" but also quit expensive.

so, first fly over, check the shoes they are wearing in the parks and then buy yourself some.

about the shirts.. hmm... the formal look is not restricted to black and white. Take the shirts with you!!

they ask you straight in your face or like our managers did, they ask you to join them on a "one on one" and that's how the figured it out... u might get a note in your file...

dani

16. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

Thanks for all that information Dannii!!

Definatly gonna stick to trousers now, Dnt really fancy wearing tights in that heat! ;D

17. NicolaB

NicolaB New Member

Sounds a bit dodgy 2 me!!!! What happens in a 'one on one'??

18. Dannii

Dannii New Member

it's not dodgy.. it's disney ;D

I loved one on ones, because my manager got food from either mexico, or the german restaurant.. we did sit somewhere and talked about job, privat stuff, what I liked and didn't liked ( ???). what she could do better or, or, or... It depends on the manager.. We also had homeroom meetings and our manager took us to mgm - tower of terror backstage tour, living seas .... we even came on our days off to those meetings :D

about traditions.. if you are not used to air condition bring a cardigan with you. I always freezed my butt off. The rooms are so cold, I guess that's because they don't want you to fall asleep..

On the other side, even the restaurants are freezing cold, the cinema too :-[ I remember I couldn't even fall asleep in the theatre because it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo cold... stupid van helsing movie.... :mad:

Dani :D

19. Members Only

Members Only New Member

That bad huh :D

I've never seen it.

20. Dannii

Dannii New Member

yeah :D

i had a closing shift and was tired anyways... a whole bunch of germany merchies went to see that movies and i forgot my sweater.. the movie was boring, besides the fact that I didn't understand a word ;D ;D ;D, so I decided to sleep a little bit but I couldn't :'( ;)

dani :D