so glad i found this site

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney_dreamer, Dec 4, 2004.

1. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi everyone..im soo glad i found this site,somewhere i can chat to people in the same situation as me!!.I have my interview in feb,so so nervous,but cant wait :)

if anyone can give me advice or tips on what happens at the interview,i would really appreciate it,and good luck to you all ;)

everyone who has been accepted already,well done..hope my dream comes true aswell ;D i look forward to hearing from you all xxxxx

2. stefaniewesch

stefaniewesch New Member

Hey girl...

I got interviewed last April for the German Pavillion. They basicly ask the same questions you get in every interview...What are your reasons for applying? What kind of work experience you have and how that is going to help you with the job at Disney? At the German interviews they also asked us what German city we would like to represent and why. They also want to know if you are willing to share a room with somebody from a different cultural heritage. Other than that my interview was basicly just small talk...we ended up talking about chocolate ::)
    But over all I think the interview is not so much about what they ask and what your answers are...I think they just want to see that you are a personable and positive person...so you really don´t need to worry to much about that...

Hope that helps a little bit...
    Stef ;)

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey Disney Dreamer......got a real name?! ::)

Welcome to the boards! :D

I'm also off to the interviews in February....SO excited!! :D (OMG, February's in two months! :eek:)

So what do you do now? where you from? how old are you??

You'll find everyone on here REALLY friendly and very supportive....very important in times like these!!

Ellen xxx :D

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha ellen, gota name thats really made me laugh!

hey welcome, yeah these boards have been a lifesaver 2 me, especially over the last few weeks since my face to face interviews oh well judgement day is only 5 days away then i will know if im gona go live the disney dream.

so yeah any interview tips, info etc u want im sure myself, dan, michelle, marie etc who have just had our interviews and many others who've been accepted will be more than happy 2 help so just ask away

Sara x

5. disney_dreamer

my real names steph!!! :)

im currently in my last year at college,studying dance,everyones soo excited for me ;D

do you know what date in feb the interviews are,in my letter,it said they would be in touch a few weeks before,is that what yours said?

im from torbay,devon,where are you from?

steph xxxxx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

steph, yeah you'll hear when the interviews are a few weeks before i think we heard end of october for our interviews which were 12th november. so dont expect to hear until mid-late january but theyll send u all the info and how to confirm ull b attending etc.

7. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hi Steph,

Hopefully i'll be joining you in february, am waiting for results from my phone interview.

This board has been really useful in preparing for that interview, especially helpful in getting me excited about the prospect of going to disney, which is probably a state of mind you need for the interviews!

It does help to know there are other people stressing as much as you because they havent heard yet!!

Dan

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

know your stuff about the pavillion you're going to work in...aka famous places, places you'd recommend people to visit...famous historical buildings....youuu get the point....and i heard back REALLY quickly after my interview i had my interview on oct 21st and then on november 11th eric called me and offered me a job  :D so good luck with the interviewing process...it's really laid back...and dont be nervous..they interviewers are SUPER nice..

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww well done lizzie, with our interviews we had them on 12th november and have been told we will hear by 10th december, which is this friday, and none of us off here have heard yet so this week is going to be stressful!!

xxx

10. Marie

Marie Guest

Disney dreamer - yep this site is great - it stops you boring your friends about how much you want to work for disney! and makes you want to work for disney even more!
    In terms of my interview i think they ask a load of standard questions and then one of two just for you. Like i got asked whats the difference between scottish people and english people - as im an english girl living in scotland...
    the standard ones i think were things like - what one thing will you want me to remember you by? (i think i gave several - oops!) what places have you been to abroad? have you been to many places in the UK? i think the others have covered other question examples... For me i found the phone inteview tougher. the interview day was just really nice - fun presentation then chatting to lots of nice people waiting for my interview. the interviews kindof like a chat. I had Julie who was lovely - we even wound up talking about random stuff like yellow duck races! (theres one in my hometown as part of its festival! Julie had seen one too.)

:D

Congratulations Lizzie - you must be over the moon - you must have been thrilled when you got the call. Like Sara mentioned some of us in the UK are waiting anxiously for our face to face results this week! :-\

11. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Steph!!

Welcome to the boards!! As people ahve already said everyone on here is really nice and really supportive and will do anything to help each other get to Florida!!!

Everyone else has pretty much covered all the basic interview stuff but if you have any specific things you wanna know then ask away!!

Good luck in Feb!!

Michelle xx

12. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Steph, I'm from Essex, just finishing up uni at Reading....I'll be graduating in 7 months....hurrah!! can't wait! :D

My letter said the same as yours, that'll I'll hear when the interview is a few weeks before!! ooh, it's all so exciting! :D I can't wait!! (my birthday in feb too.....everyone get that!? ;))

Ellen xxx :D
    someone help me...I can't stop eating cadburys fingers!! :-[ ::)

:D

13. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i hope you guys ALL get!!! and to ellen cadbury fingers are AMAZING! soo good! hahaha

14. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

lol, they soo are the best biscuit ever! :D

15. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Ellen, I hope its the white chocolate ones!! There the best!!

16. disney_dreamer

white chocolate ones are amazing,anything white chocolate is lush...even white kit kat chunky!!!!!!(licks her lips!!) ;D

if anyones been to america,have they tried hersheys chocolate? do you think its disgusting? i thought it was horrible!!! but they love it out there ???

reese peanut butter cups are the best chocolate they have,i could eat them all day :)!

xx

17. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

I know what you mean about Hersheys! I thought it would be amazing but it's gross!! It's like that really cheap chocolate you get that's minging :p

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are horrid, but funnily enough i absolutely adore Reeses Peanut Snackbarz!!! They are sooooooo yummy :p :p :p :p :p :p And Reese Nutrageous bars.

Frazdog and i are very lucky and have been out a couple of times over the last 2 years and we can't get enough! I love Publix and Walmart and everything. I reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy want to work for Disney in Florida, it'ds be like a dream come true! :)

You know you can get butter cups and nutrageous in Asda :D

18. Tinks

Tinks New Member

You can also get Hershey kisses :-* aswell!! ( In asda that is!)

19. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Urrrgghh, they can keep them :p

First time Fraser and I were out there we'd been to Islands of Adventure and it wasn't busy so we whizzed round in the morning, so for the afternoon decided to stay in our hotel room, have a huge pig out and watch TV.

We bought loads of those Hersheys cookies and cream bars and chocolate, plus some cans of budweiser. The bud was cool (we had to keep it cool in our bin, which we filled with ice), but the chocolate was sooooo nasty!

There was a thunderstorm that day too, it was one of the coolest things i've ever seen :)

20. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I've never tried any of that chocolate, I'm really fussy about my chocolate I don't even like Nestle, it's all bitty! :(