So the process begins *excitement*

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by SaraC, Jan 11, 2005.

1. SaraC

SaraC New Member

whats the betting marie that when its april and we have 2 months to go, that we won't b at all organised!

i can c me just throwin clothes in a case the night before!!!! and then forgetting everythin and remembering on the way to the airport haha

xxx

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Oh gosh im gonna be sooo disorganised - i have my final uni exams in May - so hopefully i will be busy studying two months b4 i go to disney, but we'll see ;) regardless its gonna be crazy finishing up uni then going to London to get the visa and packing up my flat... Yep i remember from my exchange yr its a nightmare trying to cram everything into my cases that i think i will need for the year... then getting there and not using some of the stuff id bought with me but realising id forgot loads of stuff! knowing me disney packing will all be last minute!

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha mate, its gona b a rush 4 me as well, as i have my uni exams may/june, finishing up at alton towers & organising & having my 21st leaving party, oh the stress haha.

as long as i have vital things like laptop, hair straighteners, bikini its all good ;)

xxx

4. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol Sara! All the essentials!

I got my pack today yay! - i thought that would make it seem real but it still seems unbelievable and quite daunting too! Gonna try and do my disclosure in the next few days - so i take it that we dont need to list a reference, nor our bank account details? When do we have to do the health insurance? I know its over 100 quid from what Jason said to me.. So was wondering if i can put it off a month or two?! Gotta get a new passport soon too - so much to do! :) lol! It wil be worth it tho!

marie xxx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yay said u would marie ;) ive sent mine off now.

we don't need to do the health insurance just yet as far as im away it doesn't change with advance bookin etc. me & michelle looked yesterday its around $200 for the 4 months.

yeah we don't need to do sections e,f,g.

if uve lived in the same place in the 5 years u still have to complete that section cos jason said they r picky bout that.

organisation i double checked with jason is Walt Disney World. i was just if we put disney or what but thats what we put anyway ;)

i did my passport bout 6 months ago so im sorted with that one haha

xxxx

6. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Sara!
    Its sooo exciting the process is starting!
    Think im gonna go on a daytrip to Glasgow later this month and get my passport sorted.

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i know i was so excited yest when i got the info through, thats y i started the topic haha ;) yeah u should do that ;)

xxx

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

by the way just had an email back from jason. now i've sent my form back to them, he says we receive our disney pack in around 6 weeks time ;) excitement :D

xxx

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Really only 6 weeks till we get the disney pack! I cant wait!

Ive just done my disclosure form so hopefully it will go in tonights post yay! Its all beginning! :D

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yay marie. i know i just emailed jason tellin him id sent my form off so should reach him by the end of the week, and just asked when i'd receive the next lot of info and thats when he said bout disney pack, i seriously didn't think it would b until after the march lot had gone at the earliest! excitement :)

xxx

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

got my stuff this morning. i'm about to do the disclosure form...im procrastinating by being hre. trying to put it off.cant stand the thought of ahuge form to fill out!ah stress. yeah i got my passport a few days before my interview in a last minute panic when i realised that it would have expired before i got back!haha, shouldnt have worried!could have just done it now and avoided paying the 6 hour fee to get it done in a rush...£89!!!haha £49 seems like nothing!

12. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Marie - you dont have to worry about the insurance yet - the recommended insurer info comes in the Disney pack so in about six weeks time you can start worrying about that.

I just applied for my insurance throigh the company Disney recommend and it costs $196 for four months which is about £100 - less than I expected which is good!!

Am trying to get all the costs out of the way asap!!!

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

best thing 2 do michelle as i said 2 u before, nice 2 get everythin sorted n not need 2 worry/panic bout it, then again i can c me doin the exact opposite when i do all the applications etc

xx

14. Marie

Marie Guest

$196 doesnt sound too bad - at least like u guys said thats it sorted and paid for! I def want to try and get it all sorted when the pack comes as it will be harder for me to sort once my dreaded finals start!

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah think i'll do it quite soon too.just to get it out of the way more than anything but also so i know that all i have in my savings is money i can spend out there.
    Are you guys planning on paying for your flights as soon as you get out or taking it out of your pay like were saying at the interviews, week by week. im not sure.

lindsey
    xxxxxxxx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah same here marie cos ill have b'day parties/leaving party 2 organise as well as my exams, so sooner the better to sort it all out.

lindsey i'm not too sure to be honest, if i have the funds from my wages etc i'm gona pay it off in one, cos again one less thing2 b done. its like id rather get it out the way then when i get my pay cheque seein rent & payment for flight disappearing out of it haha

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah thats what i was beginning to think too. it also feels less like wasting my savings spending them on a flight rather than having hardly any pay after deductions and having to go into my savings for FOOD! that for some reason seems more like wasting money!!haha...i dont need to eat!

xxx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha lindsey i totally know what u mean. im just hopin 2 work my arse off at alton towers before i head off 2 florida 2 pay this money off!!

cant blieve theres only 5 months and 8 days 2 go 4 me. its 5months tomorrow 4 u, its so surreal!

19. Marie

Marie Guest

I think unfortunately i will have to pay it off week by week :( as im not gonna be able to work as much as usual this semester. Right now theres no conferences on where i work and so im unlikely to get any work till middle of next month at the earliest. Then by April i wont be able to work - so accompanied with paying off my overdraft im not gonna be able to save much at all. I think they said they take about $20 a week off pay cheque for flights. Which doesnt sound too bad. I dont think i'll spend too much on food since theres a Wal Mart. In NYS i spent about $25 at most a week at Wal Mart - i dont eat much so hopefully it will be about the same in florida but we'll see lol!
    Marie :)

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww bless u marie, unfortunately i eat like a pig :-[ so thats gona cost me a fortune!

xxx