Soccer...anyone???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dancing_Queen, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

What do you mean you can't watch it??? That SUCKS!!! It was not the best game technically, but it was sooooo exciting lol. I love Portugal (sorry Flav)!!! Yeah Beckham was bawling a lot after he had to get off the field with his injury, but I have to say they played better after this and after Rooney was sent off than before. Sometimes you need the pressure to kick you in the ass. They both deserved the win, but Ricardo is just too good to be true. I mean with any other goalie the shootout could have looked much different.
    Too bad I missed the Brazil-French game, heard it was a great one! Unfortunately I have to sleep at some point lol
    Julia

2. doowop

doowop New Member

damn christiano ronaldo!! hope he goes to hell!!

3. Megara

Megara New Member

I just want to see the Celebarty Deathmatch special between Roaldo and Rooney when they get back to Man Utd. GO RONALDO!

4. doowop

doowop New Member

i hate them both being a LIVERPOOL supporter so i would pay to watch them beat the hell out of each other!! cant believe the result am truly gutted!!

5. Megara

Megara New Member

It is the only way you'd get me to watch anything with them in. I HATE football.

6. flavour

flavour New Member

i'm a man utd supporter and when i first heard that christiano wants to leave for real madrid i was like no, don't...by now i hope he'll go to australia or asia or whereever and will never be heard of again! plus i think it won't be a nice return to england for him anyway! or i hope it won't be!

7. Megara

Megara New Member

That's the sad thing about football supporters, they have no problem with players from around the world coming and playing for their team if they help them to win. As soon as they do the same good job for their country against the country they play in they are suddenly the Devil incarnate.
    Ronaldo's job is to help his team, be it club or country, to win their games, not to please the other teams supporters.

8. flavour

flavour New Member

well, he didn't really do much for man utd either, apart from looking good! if, let's say ruud van nistelroy had scored against england, i wouldn't have been happy either, i would still want him with man utd (even though he will prob leave anyway...), just because i think he's essential for the team...

9. Megara

Megara New Member

:-[ I hope you didn't take what I said as a personal attack on you Flavour, it wasn't meant to be. It's just you're the third person I've heard say basically the same today. The rest of them it is sour grapes for sure though.

10. flavour

flavour New Member

no, don't worry, i didn't! :) i just wanted to make my position clear! like i said, for me it's not a portugal thing, it's more a ronaldo thing! anyway, i can see your point, even though i can't really agree with it (sorry)! it's kinda hard sometimes being stuck between your club and your national team...

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I couldn't agree more, I think it would be very stupid to say Rooney and Ronaldo should beat each other up. This is the world cup you are playing for your country not for your club. But this is the same as the reactions after the Argentina/Germany game. It's such a huge thing that you get carried away and forget that this is a sport and sometimes you loose. Instead they beat each other up afterwards or take rivalty back to their clubs. That's why I prefer Hockey, everyone is so much nicer to each other hahahaha

Julia

12. flavour

flavour New Member

well, i don't think anyone wants them to beat each other up in real life...but i think it would be nice fight for celeberity deathmatch too!
    and i think the players are mature enough to actually not take the rivalty back to their clubs...haven't heard of anything yet...i think they rather congratulate the one who did win the cup!

13. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hmm I am not too sure about that! ...
    Anyways, back to the basic....what a game today!!! I thought Germany had one of their best games, but for once they weren't the lucky ones ( they did have a lot of luck in their previous games ). I would have liked seeing the penalty kicks, as both goalies are really good. So now I will cheer for Portugal to win this...I know the chance is slim, but never underestimate the underdog!

Julia

14. elizakbeth

elizakbeth New Member

ahhh aren't you sad the world cup is over? :(

buuuuut Italy won YAY!!!