Soooooooo...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I think people should start posting more in this section of the boards... I know it's only meant to be for international programs at WDW but before I went on the CRP there were LOOOADS of people posting in the CRP section... No one posts in here :(

DCL people get chatting :D :p

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

this is the section for the cruise line... ( it is,isnt it? or am i going totally mad?!)

soooo i guess people are only guna post here if they want to talk about the cruise..... not the crp.....

theres a whole other section of threads for the crp.....

3. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lol I think you missed my point. :p

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

must have...

and clearly everyone else has too, seeing as you haven't had any other replies..... ::)

5. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Lol backs up my point about no DCL peeps talking ha ha.

6. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

happy now sunshine?

7. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Only when you post yellow pages :eek:p

Hows it going?

8. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

So, is the contract with Cruiseline a rolling one? or just fixed for like 4 months and then they decide whether they want to keep you on?

Long term, if i get accepted and enjoy the job, i'd like to do maybe a couple of years worth, save loads of money and travel the world

9. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

its fixed for 4 - 6 months, then before you leave they ask if you want to go back for another contact (i think) so you can go back as many times as you like altho i think (especially in f&b) one or two contracts would be enough for most people!!!

10. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Ah ok cool, i guess i could always do Food and Beverage for a few terms then ask about moving to maybe Kids and Youth Activities. I also wanna do the CRP again so may do that somewhere after maybe a year if i get on the cruise line

11. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else from June interviews has got their start date yet? Mine is Oct 20th! :)

12. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i sent my application in for the cruise but then found out that we could reapply for a second year on the CRP so i withdrew my cruise application, if i dont get in to the CRP again il prob reapply for the cruise and do F&B to get some cash together and id like to be able to say that ive done the cruise,altho it must be such a massive difference from the lifestyle that we had on the crp, i know a lot of people i was on the crp with who then went on the cruise and lasted like 2 or 3 weeks and then quit, simply because it was so different from the crp. i asked about doing the youth activities but they said that i would only be suitable for F&B roles (fair enough, i havent got any experience at all with children!)

Good luck to you anyway! :)

13. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Yeah i had a chat with Yummy Jobs the other day and they said you cant do the CRP for at least a year after your last one ended. Down the the US Government thinking your trying to emigrate otherwise.

Where i considered the CRP to be about going out and getting wasted, i know the cruise wont have that but will be work, work, work but thats fine by me if im earning a TON of money

14. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah i agree, the crp is more about the lifestyle (in my experience) but i think for the cruise it would be much more focused on the job itself - if that makes sense?! ive been home from the crp since 2008 and im itching to get back over there!! food and bev on the cruise is meant to be big money so would be great from a financial point of view and it would be a 6 month contract at the longest so even if it was really terrible i think id be able to just stick it out....maybe?!! will see, just gotta wait now to see what happens with my crp application really - fingers crossed!

15. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Hopefully when i reapply for the CRP, Janice won't be a manager in F&B (if she was there in 2008) god, me and her did not get on.lol

16. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

nope i never met her....my managers were Dave Taylor (who is now a server again!) Laura Lavigne, Marcel Marchesci (prob not got the right spelling there!) ermmm Rachid,Dan Stillwell and Nick Soike,Yvette Lo.... we had quite a few, they changed a lot while i was there (think there is always a pretty high turnover with the management so i dont think youd need to worry too much!) why didnt you get on?! i got on with them all pretty well really - as far as i can remember!!! ;D

17. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Awww Dave Taylor, he's a legend. Nick is the only other manager i know from that batch. Had a lot of respect for him but he left as he was sick of the UK Pavilion and higher management. I got on with everyone but your always going to disagree with the odd manager. Think we got through maybe 8-10 manages while i was there. lol

As much as some people do moan about the R&C, i do miss that place a lot and definitely wanna go back sometime. Lady Sarah wants me to go back ;D (i assume you knew her)

18. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah dave is awesome,and yes i know lady S! I love that woman, i really miss her... yeah i heard Nick moved back to New York (or maybe Boston.... cant remember which!)

i know what you mean, some days while i was there i felt like walking, but now i would chew my own arm off to go back.... best year ever......

Il get back there one day!!!! ;D

19. vik

vik New Member

Still waiting for mine....

20. vik

vik New Member

oop, just found out, november 27th straight to germany on the dream WOW!