Soooooooo...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Imaginary Gary

Imaginary Gary New Member

I wasn't specifically asked for a reference from Disney but they do ask for three references. I just put down my area manager at the time I was there and where he is positioned now since I don't have any contact details.. i figure if they need to contact him they'll be able to, they're Disney after all! Not sure if that's any help... I would have thought they'd be more interested in looking at your record card etc anyway but who knows.

2. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

If you have done the crp in Orlando before like myself the disney cruise line call them up to make sure your record was fine and ask if they would hire you again, that is it. Use it as your main reference and put down the name of the manager in charge of the time you were there

3. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Thanks guys. That was what i thought. My record card wasn't the best (12 points) , but i got on great with my area manager and she said i was one of the few who she didn't want to leave, cos i worked so bloody hard.

It's such a bloody pain because from leaving school at 16, i've had 2 jobs including Disney. The previous place i was at for 6 years and they moved away off the face of the earth so i cant even get in contact for a reference.

4. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

well, disney policy they cant give u a personal letter of recomendation, i dont know why, my area manager explain to me, but they can ask about u and always can check ur record card, but the thing that they care the most is ur rehire status...

5. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

well, i wasn't termed or self term which i guess is good. Had the 12 points like i said but got just as much praise too

Some of the people i was with on the CRP had been termed before and rehired for program (including a friend who had been termed twice on the ICP. One for telling a guest to 'go and F*** themselves') so hopefully my chances are good lol

6. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

U should be fine... i just had one reprimend... did u got a sail date already??? what ship...??? im still waiting i just turned in the medical but here in mexico is holiday weekend so i guess i will have to wait, plus the recruiting guy is sooo rude i dont like dealing with him... :mad:

7. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I haven't even got the job yet. I have the face 2 face interview in London on the 21st.

I am doing EVERYTHING i can do to impress them. They want servers and i've done that here in the UK but i didn't do it at Disney.

8. Sofiluks

Sofiluks New Member

as long as u have expirience thats all it matters... and doing the program is a super good advantage... make sure u tell them about guest service and how u deliverded the basics and stuff thats all they want to hear... good luck ;D

9. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Had my interview today. Went OK i think.

Firstly, they didn't ask about references. Phew

It was very different to the CRP interview. This morning there were just 3 of us at 9am and i think they were having 4 more small groups at different times of the day.

At first it seemed they did they usual of trying to put us off the job, long hours ect.

Then we had 1 on 1 interview with a French Guy called Marco. He was pretty strict and kept wanting reasons why i wanted to be a server on Cruise Line and not on land like everyone else. What kind of experience i have had with being a server including silver service. ect ect.

Being hard to understand, he was also hard to read as to whether we had done well. i think i did ok on my Skills Test too which is a bonus. Overall, this was MUCH harder than the CRP one with it's 'whats your favourite disney character' type of questions.

Been told i'll get a reply within a week.

I have to say i was sooo surprised how unprepared people were for the interview. Me and Fiona (friend who i did CRP with) were all prepared with the documents we needed and in suits. The 3rd person with us, was wearing a T & Jeans with white trainers and turned up with just his Bulgarian Passport :eek: Also seemed like the 4 guys in the next batch of people had next to none of the needed paperwork and just turned up with their passport? It was shocking to say the least

10. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Pfft that means you will look great if they were all unprepared! It's gonna be sooo cool to have people from CRP on there with us :D

I would absolutely HATE to have food questions drilled at me like ha ha. Sounds like you are gonna be happy with the result next week mate :p :D ;D

11. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Im not going to get my hopes up as like i said, i found all this process incredibly difficult and really feel im fighting for this job. However, i would be mad if i didn't get the job and some of the idiots at the interview did. I wouldn't dare turn up so unprepared

12. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I agree mate. Hopefully you will get it :D

13. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

well, what do you know. ;D I got the job and will be a server on the Cruise line from feb/mar 2011. shit scared about 90 hour weeks though

14. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

yes siree! :D

15. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Yeah it should be fun and im sure it will just take some getting used to the 90 hours.

Have to call them after tuesday to accept my offer and go from there. Im guessing next stage is medical? How long does that usually take to get sorted and what do they test you for?

16. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

It really depends on when you're going. They'll have a deadline (sort of) that everyone who is going between a certain time bracket will have to be ready for. No idea what it entails though. I know you have to do a blood test.

17. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

You have to bring the doctor a record of all your vaccinations. Then he tests your eyesight and you get weighed and measured. I got my stomach and back poked around a bit. You do a urine sample, and then you are sent off to do your blood test. It doesn't take very long. Congrats :)

18. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Thanks. I have to call the agency in france tomorrow to accept my position and get all the details.

Medical sounds ok then. My eye sight is good although im a little underweight for my height. Had a blood test recently too which came back all good. No idea how i would go and get proof of all my vaccinations though

19. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

just go into your GPs office and ask for an up to date record of all your immunisations, the receptionist should be able to look up your file and print you off a copy of it there an then!!!

20. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Makes sense i guess. I had my hepatitis ones too but not through my GP himself but from another clinic but im sure all my info can be collected somehow :)