Soooooooo...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Disney_Geek, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

your named GP should have a full list of everything that you have had, if you had something done somewhere else they should have been intouch and let your doctor know,doesnt always work (my GP had nothing on me at all when i had to do this to go to Uni to do nursing...... was a nightmare!!!!!!)

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'll probably get in contact with my GP soon just incase my info was not passed on so they can sort it. cheers for the help

Silly question but do i need to be able to swim to be on the cruise line?

3. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

no idea, doubt it tho, im sure they would have asked you before now if you did have to be able to swim!!!!

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Thats what i thought. It's just one of those things i have never got round to learning.

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

same, i can doggy paddle and stuff but id be useless if it came down to swimming or,well, drowning....!!!! :D

6. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

Anyone have any more ifo on the medical?

If they weigh you do they have a cut off point for us chunky (read as kinda fat) people?

When they do the bloods what exactly are they looking for?

I just cant find any info on the mariners medical you have to do - like what could exclude you etc anywhere grrr and the agency's dont bother replying which is def annoying

7. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Im trying to find all this out too but getting nowhere

8. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i assume the blood test is to check that you dont have any blood-borne infectious diseases, seeing as a ship is such a confined environment the must have to check that everyone they send on to work is clear of any disease (hep b, HIV etc) and to test for drug use possibly.......?? not sure...... i know that on the ship your blood alcohol level has to be below a certain level at all times - they do random spot checks on cast members so im told - so i guess they would also want to ensure everyone is drug free before they send them on!!! they will run the blood for all the standard checks id assume, just to tick the box and give you the clear bill of health :) and as your going to be going in and out of different countries while working on a ship they need to make sure none of the staff are carrying things like swine flu, mrsa etc around with them.....

ellie i dont think there will be any issue with weight, they cant refuse to offer you a job based on weight etc - aslong as you are physically fit and able to do the job then im sure it will be fine!!

9. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I hope so - it would be a lot mroe helpful if they would just give you a clear list of what they do and dont accept.

I know for a fact i am up to date on just about evvery flippin vaccination you can possibly have cos my drs are very keen on them - if i dont call in to make an appointment to get the flu jab or something they call my home, work and mobile number and send a letter! last year i ended up with swine flu jab in one arm and regular flu jab in the other - fun times! actually might be getting the flu one again tomorrow sigh

what i really want to know from cruise people is basically will they accept me and if they do how would i get my reeat prescription for meds or would i be able to take 6=8 months supply on the ship with me - altho looking at the vids/pics of cabins my entire space wpould be taken up by pill boxes!

10. Marvan

Marvan Guest

Heads up, they check u have had your mmr job, you have had chicken pox, blood pressure, hearing, eye test, check you body and joints, blood test are for hiv screening. And am also guessing other sti's but the blood test go into more detail with white blood cell count etc, all just your pretty basic stuff nothing to worry about.... Hope this helps braaaaaaaap x hahahaha

11. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Marvan you forgot the part where they check your balls... Oh yeah she didn't check yours! UNLUCKY! Ha ha ;D Lee they might feel your balls... But you will be seeing a woman doctor most likely... Sorry ha ha.

12. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

This bloody medical process sounds like a right hassle. lol

I'm not sure if i've had the mmr jab. Is it one you get at school?

Had Hep B jabs and swine flu Vac while at Disney earlier this year. Recently had STD test at a clinic recently and thats all good, no HIV .....phew

I called the agency im dealing with today to accept my position. They said i could be going as soon as January if all my documents are done which sounds a bit close to call. They're going to start sending the process emails out this week apparently

First email, is signing contract and going through what the job entails

Second email is the Criminal Background Process. Said i can do that now, but no idea how to go about it.

Third email is the Medical checks where i go to london. If i definitely need proof of all my vaccinations, then i'll get that sorted this week, to help myself.

After they have all the info they need from the 3 emails, they sort the embassy meeting and give me a start date

13. Marvan

Marvan Guest

Wudnt worry bout the mmr jab more so if your working with the kids ie me..... But the jab at school. Mine was called bcg, the one that scars you for life on your arm hahahaha , james am sooooo gutted she didnt check my tings, take any cheap thrill i can get hahahaha

14. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Yeah had the ol BCG and meningitis ones at school years ago.

Im gonna visit my GP tomorrow or Thursday to get my record and get things moving. Also the same for the Criminal Background check if i know what im doing and where

15. Marvan

Marvan Guest

Good good yo, welcome to the wonderful world of the waiting game haha, think the whole thing from start to finish has been six months for me since my interview with the sexual harassment victim james hahahah sorry

16. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Well I never... :eek: :p

17. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

So would going to the doctor and getting proof all my jabs be a good idea to get things rolling quicker?

18. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Yes if you haven't got anything with them on already. Then take that to the medical.

19. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

OK, got my info packs from disney through to get the process going but already stumped. lol

Firstly they want me to do the Criminal Background check. I assume i am applying online starting here?
    http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/apply-online/

Im confused because on the CRP, im sure i had to fill in a paper Application?

20. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Maybe they do. I got sent a paper one (before they told me to withdraw...eek!) Email them and ask.