Still haven't heard!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by eeyore22, Dec 10, 2004.

1. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Ok, it's December 10th, and I still haven't heard from Yummy. What's going on ???. I take it we're supposed to hear either way, even if it's just a letter to say I haven't got it. I need something to stop me thinking about it. I'm gonna send Jason an email to get it sorted cause it's doing my head in ::)
    Dan

2. Craig-E-D

Craig-E-D New Member

Hi eeyore, i'm new on here, I had the same date (10th) told to me too. They rang me at lunchtime but my girlfriend who also applied for the same program didn't hear until half an hour ago. In fact by the time you read this you'll have probably heard! So don't worry too much, I spoke to jason and he said they were very busy today. Hope its good news for you when it comes (finally!)

Craig x

3. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Cheers for that Craig, that's made me feel better. Thought I was the only one who hadn't heard
    Dan

4. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Got my fingers crossed for you Dan!

Did you not want to call Yummy? I cant blame you - would be qiute nervewracking.

Really hope you hear something soon

Michelle xx

5. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Hi Michelle. No, didn't want to call them straight away, but if I haven't heard by Monday, i'll call them, although it will be very uncomfortable. I just really don't understand why they haven't contacted me. Oh well, it did sound too good to be true as I clearly haven't got the job. Just wish they would have sent me a letter or something. They are supposed to let you know regardless of the outcome aren't they, or am I imagining that ???. Now going out for a meal to cheer myself up. Hope you're ok :)
    Dan x

6. jenzy77

jenzy77 New Member

Hey Guys. i was the same as you all this morning and afternoon, i was told 10th and i was at the Glasgow interviews. i couldnt wait any longer.i phoned. wish i hadnt now tho! :mad: they said that every1 had been told that was going! how gutted was i!?! im on the 'reserve list'.To all who are going over to represent the uk, have a blast!
    love jen xxxxx

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Sorry guys - thats rubbish news!

But being on the reserve list doesnt mean youre not going! If you call Yummy regularly and let them know youre still interested - and even better - call International recruitment in the US then theyre more likely to offer you a job than someone who hasnt been calling them! Julie told me this herself when I spoke to on the phone in about July time

So you should def not get too down about it - you can still get to WDW!

Michelle xx

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Hey Guys,
    I hope you get some better news soon, i know whatever i say prob wont be the right thing but you guys have got sooo close - it must be really tough. You got through the yellow card stage so you know you are good enougth for a place. Whilst Disney is such an opportunity some people do end up pulling out before they are due to leave. Or some may get there and hate being so far away from home. Do what Michelle says over calling Yummy often. Also maybe ask them if you could go out in September if a place doesnt come up before then.
    Good luck,
    marie

9. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Dan, hang in there! I know how hard it is waiting. It felt like eternity before I found out. Certainly don't lose hope yet.
    Jo :)

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Dan, thats crappy, but as everyone else has said hang on in there matey!1 U'll get there we know it, and take michelle's advice she speaks a lot of sense, we're gona get u there dan promise :)

xxx

11. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Well at least if i'm on the reserve list there might still be a chance. I'll call on Monday as I suppose they won't be there today and tomorrow. Thanks for your support guys :D
    Dan

12. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Jen and Dan,

I am so sorry I am sure something will come up for you, people are defo gonna drop out.
    I wish u lots of luck dan to hear something soon and Jo I'm sure you'll end up in Disney!

xx

13. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Cinderella, me too,hehehehe I'm leaving June 14th! You're the one that was accepted into a different program, am I right? The lifeguard program, are you the one?
    Jo :D

14. SaraC

SaraC New Member

its not a prob dan, u make sure u let us know once uve spoken 2 yummy. Everythin crossed still :)

xxx

15. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Dan,

U heard anything yet?? Hope so!! Can't believe u still ain't heard nout :(

Jo - Yes I am the one who got accepted on the international college program for 4 months as lifeguard am I the only one accepted on that program?

xx

16. frazdog

frazdog New Member

so u will only be there for 4 months
    or can u stay longer :)

17. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Well I start on the 6th June and aparently finish on 26th August but can stay in America up to 4 months cos I think that is when our visas expire! damn!

Hey I will warn my parents though that I may not be back!! hehe

18. frazdog

frazdog New Member

just crash in the doorms with all your new found friends ;D

19. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

haha yeh good idea - I wish eh?

so have u been accepted? when do u go and to do what etc etc ;D

20. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Cinders, I indirectly knew a girl who did that program a couple years back and she absolutely loved it! Where did you interview? I really haven't heard much about it.