still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Hey guys,just wondering how people where coping on the waiting list? im getting abit disheartened:-( so desperate to get off it!

has anyone contacted yummy or hve any updates?

as i said on previous discussions i called them last thursday and they informed me just to keep an eye on my email over the next few weeks... argghh!its killing me!

x

2. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Hey Disneytastic, I was waitlisted last time and I was the second one from my interview to end up going out. I was given two months notice that I was leaving... I'm sure you'll be out there in no time! The only bummer about the waitlist is they could tell you.. ok.. your going in two weeks. be ready. (or however long the visa's take!)

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Agreed! Nope I have not contacted them at all. Starting to get impatient now, would just like to know please and thank you :)

On another note, I had a missed call today from a with held number. Now I never, and I mean never get phone calls- so I told the girls who I work with that if they hear my phone ringing to run and come get me. So today I had one of them standing at the door to our back area, just shouting at me 'Megannnnn, your phone is ringinggggg!!!', so of course I sprinted across the shopfloor to the back area but didn't quite get there in time- so when I looked to see who rang me, I have to say I was pretty disappointed to see it was a with held number- I'm guessing it was probably someone who was gonna try and sell me something, haha! I still have some hope left though it appears!

Keep the faith lovelies, we have waited this long- we can do ittttttt!!! :)

4. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Have some FAITH... TRUST and of course... a little Pixie dust!! ;)

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I'm getting totally impatient now, just need to make some plans...

6. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

on the good note, its rare, (I've found) to be waitlisted and not get SOMETHING. back in 08, being waitlisted meant you had the job, they were just trying to find a place for you.

7. Sammy

Sammy Member

im feeling kinda impatient too! i wana get on with whats next in life and i just dont know whats gona happen with all this waiting around! dont get me wrong, im more than grateful to have been put on the list, just would be nice to know whats going to happen!! xxx

8. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hi all! Yes, I'm unfortunately feeling very impatient at the moment but I honestly believe we shouldn't give up hope just yet. I emailed Hannah last week and in her reply to me she said:

'We actually hope to be able to update everyone on the Opportunity List much earlier than March – we’re just waiting for further information from Disney and as soon as we have any updates (or further role offers!) we’ll be in touch with you right away'

which gives me a lot of reason to believe some news could come this way in the next few weeks. It's just a matter of being patient which unfortunately is much harder said than done!

9. Dandan

Dandan New Member

So basically, that's a roundabout way of saying 'there are job offers and you'll know about them as soon as we've sorted them out'. :)

10. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

well as the new applicants are not having places until 2012 there is the whole of October, November and December to fill. So I am guessing that will be us? What do people think? x x x

11. garye

garye Member

Has anyone heard anything yet? Hopefully we hear something soon :)

12. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

hi gary as the new guys (us) arent going till 2012, you guys will def be getting some places as there arent enough people for the year i worked it out, looking at numbers there that are leaving this year and i imagine yummy will be contacting you soon as march as april they will be so busy

13. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hopefully you're right but no-one can say for definite. We have no idea how many people are on the waitlist, or how many places Disney needs so we don't know if we will all make it off the list. There could be other reasons why Disney aren't sending people out until 2010, with the recession they may have simply decided to recruit less people. I hope none of that is true and I hope it is good news for us all but until that phonecall comes I'm afraid we're all still going to be speculating and worrying!

14. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

didnt someone say they were told that the waitlisted people should keep an eye on their email, have you had any emails yet

15. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

nope, nothing yet :(

16. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Hey :)

i rang yummy jobs a 2 weeks ago and they informed me to keep an eye on my email over the next few weeks...so im hoping we are all going to get emailed this week!!

fingers crossed!

Disneytastic (Sarah)

17. mushu

mushu New Member

Wow I wish I was in your batch of applications now, sounds like there could be good news soon!

18. victoriaallen

victoriaallen New Member

hello everyone!, although ive technically literally just joined the forums, ive been following them religiously since i first applied for the CRP back in july time... even when i was waitlisted i still didnt join cos i didnt want to jinx it!

thought it was about time i did though, and also to let you all know i just got a phonecall from yummy to say im going out on the 26th july... so the rumours of movement are true and please dont give up hope!!

looking forward to seeing you all out there.

love vic.xxx

19. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hey Vic congratulations!!

When did u get the phonecall? X

20. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Keep waiting guys! Yummy just finished setting up Canadian interviews and stuff.. I betcha once those are all set up and finalized they'll have loads of time to send you guys your acceptance emails!