still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. victoriaallen

victoriaallen New Member

thanks! got the phonecall about half 4 this afternoon... it was one of the guys, cant remember which one. knew it was yummy cos they were saved in my phone, but he started off with smalltalk about my day and how i was etc. so never 100% it was an offer until he said the words!

dont know whether this is useful to anyone or not, but i gave very specific dates for when i could leave (mid july-mid september this year) because i have to graduate uni and be back in time to start a masters... he implied that because of my limited availability i was given to start july 26th. if that makes sense?

basically, from what i can gather (may be reading far too much into this, but it seems to make sense) if you have a wide availability you may have to wait longer as they want to accomodate everyone, so those with a small window to be able to go may hear back sooner than those who can go whenever, which now appears to be right up to 2012!

this maybe a load of complete and utter rubbish, but its just what ive assumed, and hopefully it gives everyone a bit more hope during those quiet periods!!xx

2. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

That's great, it makes sense they'd try to accommodate everyone! I said I could go any time this year so hopefully that's why I haven't heard yet.

I wish I was a fly on the wall so I could see how this process works cos it seems like one person per week that gets a date, which I hope isn't going to be the case! I'm wayy too impatient now lol.

Anyway, congrats again!

3. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Hey guys!

Hope you are all well, and are bearing up under the waiting! I've tried to keep away from the boards, as I think I pretty much gave up hope. Now though (maybe it's a new year and I'm about to graduate from uni) I've gone back to hoping and praying to hear something soon. When I went to Disney in November it was really depressing seeing the people working in the UK pavillion.. or any pavillion really, I just wanted to be in their shoes! Also I saw a girl I met the first time I applied in Oct 2009! :-(

Anyway, think I'll be checking the boards a lot more now.. the reassurance that other people are all in the same boat is something we all need!
    Stay positive xx

4. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Was your interview on the 2nd Sarah? If so were you there with you cousin or something? x

5. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Yea I was there on the 2nd, I didn't have my cousin with me... but I remember talking to you.. Sitting in the restaurant just before you went in for your interview. I was the one with the broken toe lol x

6. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Thanks for the info everyone!! I have said I am avaliable from January so can go anytime so that could be the case of why some of us havent heard anything yet.Can't wait to get off this list but am very grateful to even be on it as it was my first time applying!
    I am still feeling very positive we will!
    Am so glad I can come on this forum and speak to others on the waiting list and relate, I don't think I could be going through all this uncertainty all by myself.

7. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Yea I said I couldn't go out until early Feb, around February 5th, as I have my Uni graduation tomorrow. So fingers crossed.. really hope we all hear sometime soon!!

8. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I suppose all this patience is going to make us all the more grateful when we do actually get offered a date! I know for sure a couple of people who've been offered dates recently had initially given Disney a limited time frame when they were able to go so I hope that what they're doing now is trying to allocate dates to those people first within those time frames and then when they're done that they might just allocate the remaining dates to the rest of us.
    It's all pure speculation really but tbh if coming up with theories makes the waiting easier then I'm all for it! I can't believe we applied for this in June and are still waiting to see if we've got it or not, that's insane! Getting into uni was a complete breeze compared to this lol.

Just keep thinking how worth it it will all be in the end!

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm a waiting machine at the moment! Waiting on this and UCAS- gahhhh! Disney of course is my first preference, but I sure am getting impatient now. I'd like to know what I'm doing with my life please :)

10. Dandan

Dandan New Member

lol Stitch, me too... I got UCAS, Disney, and another job application all on the run waiting for replys. I just want to know what's happening!! Waiting mode is deffo well and truely switched on :( come on Disney!! I'm going to be over the moon when we do hear because it's all that's getting me through the days. The thought of spending another year in England in the rubbish weather working in another dead-end soul shatteringly boring job is giving me the shivers.

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I could not agree more!! I also want to know so I can book my holiday ;D

Dandan- do you have facebook??

12. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Arghhh I wanna book mine too but haven't yet cause obviously Disney is super super important!!;D

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Well I'm looking at going away in May, so I'd probably be okay booking it. But I don't want to risk it! But yes, yes it's nice to get to know everyone personally and not just as a forum username :)

14. Em.Porter

Em.Porter New Member

Hello all,
    I am also on the waiting list.
    Have stayed off the forums because it was kinda disheartening when people move off the list, and you start to wonder if you're ever going to get out. Am still holding out hope but want to know what's next for my life!! Hope everyone else has been coping ok with the uncertainty and hopefully by the end of march we will all have dates!
    Just letting you know there's another person in the same boat with you guys!
    Em x

15. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Welcome to the forum Em! Nice to meet another fellow waitlistee!! ;D

Am soo desperate to hear today, I cannot stop thinking about it!

16. Sammy

Sammy Member

I've just had to cancel an audition because I couldnt get the time off work! I REALLY hope this comes through soon!!!!

17. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

:-( no news...sigh! It's febuary next week thankfully! I think they must have to try and sort us out before the 28th of feb as that's when the new applicants are being reviewed! Fingers crossed!!xxx

18. marianne1506

marianne1506 New Member

I'M OFF TO DISNEY!

got the phone call today at work so had the whole voicemail thing and rang hannah back. when she told me i literally burst into tears and was screaming and stuff. she was laughing her head off! i was like "god u must get this all the time!"

so yeah. hasnt really sunk in yet but again shows the list IS moving guys!!

19. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Congratulations :)

20. victoriaallen

victoriaallen New Member

congratulations!! do you know what date youre going?