still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

That's the thing... we don't know! Lol :D

We have been told that they will be using us for dates at the end of the year. But, we don't know how many positions there are. They may be enough for just us to go, there may be enough for us to go plus some positions left over for you guys, or there may be not enough positions for all the waitlistee's so we may have to reapply. Who knows! ???

The best thing to do would be to ask when you have your phone interview. You may not even have to, as Yummy normally say on the phone interview the recruitment period they are hiring for because they like to know your availability.

2. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

So the new apps have there phone interviews. so are we going? if not how do we reapply? I dont understand.

x xxx x x x x

3. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

they haven't a ranged times/dates for the interviews yet, I am guessing they will be busy working on them over the next week

4. smagfx

smagfx New Member

After reading about the new apps getting their phone interviews, I'm beginning to get quite nervous =\ the same feeling we got when we were waiting to walk in to our f2f back in October.

This thread has been my second home for the past month lol we've formed this ickle circle of waitlisters and in a way I'm kinda sad knowing the waiting will soon be over =[ xx

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Hi guys ;D

Well I got a little hopeful news for you all, basically I just asked when we should expect to hear. Apparently it should definitely be in April and that we can expect to hear anytime now - so just take it day by day. As soon as Disney are in touch we'll know!

I asked what would happen if there aren't enough positions and I was told we only need to to worry about that IF (and I quote with the added 'oomph' - IF) it comes to that. I thought that sounded promising, but if it should happen then we would be invited back to pre-screen, so yeah back to the CV stage :(

I for one know I wouldn't bother reapplying if it came to that cause I need to make some solid plans now so I'm hoping it's good news after all this time. I really hope it is because I'm so peeved and fed up of my job at the moment like all you guys, seems to be the general feeling!!

What do you guys think of it all anyway?

Dan :) x

6. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

sounds hopeful :) i really hope its frienday, i have a feeling at the pit of mtomach thats telling me it will be...who knows! thanks for finding out the info Dan x

7. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Thank you Dan! You have made my day! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

Thank you Dan. Nice to hear some news. So it will be in April but not this week then? Two more weeks to go then lol
    Dan I know how you feel about jobs. When I hear about disney that is when i will make my discussion about my job. either hold out until I go. Or if i dont go then start looking for a new job. Nice to hear they are still thinking of us tho. x x x

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Well.... if we hear on Friday. That will be exactly 6 months since we found out we were waitlisted.

But if you think about all the days left in April. Take out the bank holidays, and you only have 9 working days left that we could hear.

Of course, i'm still hoping it's sooner than that though! ;D

10. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Cheers for the update Dan =D

I'm still kinda hoping it'll be tomorrow or Friday but if they said April it could be any time =]

Random question, would anyone be interested to a gathering of patient people when we get dates? And IF we don't, would you be reapplying? xx

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Most definitely up for a gathering of waitlistee's :)

Hmmm I'm still undecided as to whether to reapply because I have a place at Uni. But knowing that the interviews will be in June also makes me think that I have nothing to lose. Tricky one.

What about you Craig? xoxo

12. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Am I invited? Pwetty pweese? I was pretty patient...

Checking here every day to see if there's any news from you guys. Hope its soon, I really want us to all be excited together :)

13. disneylover

disneylover New Member

i really hope you guys get through , you guys been waiting soo long from the looks of it .good luck !!

14. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I think so Charly :( bit longer to wait I assume but at least it is this month! Just think somebody will be sat in that Disney office right now punching figures into a computer and deciding our fates as we speak!!

And count me in for the meet up I'm totally game for that ;D

15. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I am so pleased itll be this month but i am sooooo ready for it to be tomorrow, i just want to know !!!:)

im crossing my fingers for all of us!xxx

16. Charlyjo

Charlyjo New Member

Tomorrow would be a lovely time to hear. :)
    I am so up for a meet up. Anyone got a nice garden we can have a BBQ in? I would say mine but you cant really call in a garden. its a little small lol x x x x x

17. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Shall we all meet in London?best an easiest for most,when I met people before I did the ICP we all met at the 02:) just a suggestion though. Xx

18. Sammy

Sammy Member

i REALLY hope we find out tomorrow!! I cant hack this waiting any more! although to be honest I am feeling kinda negative about it!! xx

19. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Sounds like two canadians got calls in the last half hour-- unfortunately i wasnt one of them but now i am panicked waiting to see if my phone will ring!

Pleasssseee ring phone! please please pleasee!!

20. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Ooooooh looks like the starts dates are coming through, I can see November 1st!!! Next week maybe? I bet Yummy have that email sat in their inbox right now - so if they heard at 9.30pm here we must have just missed it :(