still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

4 Canadians off the Canadian waitlist and 1 decline so there will be a 5th off. Cmon you UKers you need off! :) Ive seen a November and a December start date

2. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Yea you guys need to get off the waitlist! Here's hoping to next week.. Monday, it's gotta be!

I would also love to meet up with you guys in London.. but you know what, I'll leave that for a great big waitlist meet up in Florida :) SOON! xx

3. LifeInANutshell

LifeInANutshell New Member

I got a December start date!!
    Good luck to everyone.
    And remember, I did promise a few drinks to some of you long waiting UKers <3

4. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

November 1st f&b yahooooooooo! good luck everyone!

My t-shirt can read 32 days on the wait list :) lol

5. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Yes London is definitely easiest for me. It would be a struggle for me to get up north but I would anyway.

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Congrats to the Canadians who have got dates! :)

Hopefully that's a good sign for us UKers hearing this coming week??

7. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Thats what i was thinking :) its looking hopeful! eeek...must not get hopes up,but i cant help it !xxx

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Haha I know, me too :)! My dad is really bugging me at the moment about it though, as he is one of these people who just looks at everything pessimistically. And he keeps saying to me 'if it's bad news, then I have big shoulders you can cry on' blah blah blah. I just keep turning around to him and saying 'SHUSH, if you have nothing positive to say, then don't say anything at all'. So now I have another reason to need to know, so I can stop having to listen to his negativity!!

9. disneydreamer88

disneydreamer88 New Member

Hi guys!

I'm new to this and I just thought I'd say hiya! :D I was over the moon when I got offered the phone interview, but I can't help thinking I screwed it up :-( arggghhh I want to go so bad!! How has everyone else found interviews so far?! what questiones were you asked?? i was only asked like 4 or 5 - maybe I talked too much LOL!!

XX

10. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

our phone interviews were a long time ago:) but i got asked stuff like why do you wanna work for disney, can you live with foreign people, what do you want to teach people about Canada, what stereotypes do you want to break about canadians, why would you be good at merch food and bev or attractions and prior experience and disney trip questions! :)

11. disneydreamer88

Ah right!! Yeah I got asked about my motivation to apply for disney, what is unique about the culture of the UK, what is special about Derby (where I'm from), can i live with other cultures etc, and then my final question was if i could be a disney character which one would I be and why. So i guess I didn't too bad on the question front. :)

12. El1987

El1987 New Member

Just sending some more good luck wishes to all the waitlistees. Hoping this next week will be your lucky one. Fingers crossed!!

13. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Thank you, im just praying we will all get off, we have come so far....how could the turn us down!
    xx

14. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

keep thinking positive everyone. i have a good feeling for us all. this waiting will all be over very soon. if the Canadians all got dates then i'm really hopeful the same is for us. ;D

15. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

i think there was 5 or 6 of us canadians who got off the list friday, and it was late afternoon, so maybe they are saving the rest of the good news for monday morning :)

I know it was only a month on the list for me, which is INCOMPARABLE to what you brits have gone through, but I still keep checking my email from habit before I remember it is decided now lol.

I really feel like i will be seeing all of you down there! :D

16. disneydreamer88

Good luck everyone! I'm the same as you guys, I have a positive feeling because we've all come so far so how could they turn us down now...... I keep telling myself to not get my hopes up because I know I'll be devastated if I got this far and didn't get any further, but I just can't help it. It's my dream coming true :)

xxx

17. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Hi!

What did you come up with for Derby? I'm interested because that's where I'm from too. I really wanted to be asked which Disney character I would want to be - sounds like you had a good mix of questions.

Also, I'm uber confused, there's like a ga-gillion new threads basically about the same thing. But I want to get a message out there to all the October 2010 waitlistees - I think you are all amazing!! I really do! You lovelies have real strength and deserve the Disney dream more than anyone. I check to see if there's been any movement every day, I have my fingers crossed for you all - can't wait to hear from you WHEN you're told your dates! :) xxx

18. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Ooh I have my fingers and toes crossed for news tomorrow! Please please please... It's crazy that this forum is buzzing with new posts all about interviews and excitement. Then there's us six months later, still humming along lol!

19. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ahhhh Dan!! I'm thinking the same thing! I keep thinking, surely it MUST be tomorrow- since some of the Canadians have found out, Disney must have sorted us out!! I really shouldn't be thinking it, because come tomorrow evening, if we haven't heard, I'm gonna be disappointed. But I really can't help it.

Yep, here we are, pootling along still. Although, I'd much rather be in the position that we are in, super close to getting a date. Then way, way back at the start of the whole process. (Although some of us could be in a few days. Eeeek :-\)

But no, for now, I'm keeping the faith :)

20. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Surely if the departure dates have been set then Yummy must know what's happening so I really hope we're getting some good news soon. We're definitely on the home straight now, whether it's good or bad!

I just can't wait to get our little waitlist meet up organised when we (hopefully) get dates and finally get to know all you guys better =) considering we might be spending the next year of our lives working together!

But still, like you Megan just about got some faith bottled up whilst waiting for the response. :D