still waiting....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 19, 2011.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm thinking between 3-5 weeks time. The Canadian's appear to have been told that they will hear within 3-4 weeks. Then again we were told we would could be waiting 3 weeks, and we heard within 2. I know how you are feeling Vicky, but we have waited this long, and we know the end is near, so it's this last little wait now. I found out on another post that the last of the Canadian interviews are this Friday in Montreal- so they will all be finished after that. Hmmm yeah, I don't know how I would feel if I knew how many people were still on the waitlist- I'd rather still have that little ounce of hope! Lol xoxo

2. kyla1366

kyla1366 New Member

Hey there!

I'm Canadian and was in the round of interviews from October. I'm a waitlistee too, I read this thread a lot because the Canadian waitlisters don't seem to have one....
    Anyways, we were told that they were going to keep our names until July 15th. It's already been 4 months, the fact it could be another 4 is hard to think about!
    I'm super hoping that the dates in September and onward will have some spots for myself and my fellow Canadian waitlisters! However, seeing as how they're doing 3 rounds of interviews here right now, it's difficult to stay hopeful.

3. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

So glad this is the last little wait.. ;D Not long now everyone good or bad I would sooner know..

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Agreed Carla, at least we will know our fate soon! And Kyla1366 that is a crazy long wait you possibly have ahead of you. Any idea why the time you could be on the list is so long? I hope you get a date soon, I can't imagine having to endure a wait like that.

5. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Its a mixed bag of feelings as iant to be put out of my misery if its a no,but i desperately want to stay on it as more chance of getting a yes:) i dont think there are that many of us now left on it, at least 10 that i know of have been taken off!
    fingers and toes crossed:)
    xx

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Wait, wait, wait... but the end is near! Hang in there my lovelies :) And just think, if we do get dates in the latter half of the year, then we will all be starting around the same time. Nothing like bonding over a waitlist before you get out there ::), but gotta say, you are all a wonderful bunch, and I hope so much that we all get dates and get to spend a year together :) xoxo

7. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

very true. I hope we all get dates close together or the same, as we all know what each other have been through! And will be able to appreciate the experience so much more! ;D

8. smagfx

smagfx New Member

Hehe I love how we have our little subgroup =D There are those who are joined together by favourite Disney characters, Same leaving dates, Same region they live in, but for us it's 'We Are The Waitlisters!!' OMG we should so make a logo and put them on t-shirts!! xx

9. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Definately there is a little subgroup... none of the people in my arrival group were on the waiting list (or not that I know of), they all got dates straight off, and as much as they are lovely people and deserve a place they don't know what torture sitting on the waiting list is. I'm routing for all of you, as I really want to see you out there! You all know what each other have been through getting this far and coming so close, just one final hurdle and you're there... and I'll be ready to welcome you with open arms!! Lol!!
    Good Luck to all of you, I'm crossing my fingers xxxx

P.S can I have a t-shirt too??! haha!

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Oooh t-shirts! I like that idea :) they should totally say 'I was on the waitlist for ... number of days (however many it might be) but now I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!' you gotta get the I'm going to Disney line in there somewhere! Even though I wish we all had dates now, I do love our little subgroup :)

11. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Yess I would definitely wear a waitlistee t-shirt PROUD.

I got 3 unknown calls on my phone yesterday at work and couldn't answer it, I was panicking thinking it was Yummy but then I realised Yummy don't use an unknown number. And if it was them they would try again today but they haven't. Probably just a wrong number.

Soo desperate to hear from them... Am so glad it's finally march! ;D

12. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

awww mental teasing from unknown number,i would have reacted the same!lol!

im pleased its march too :) FINALLY! sooo soooo soooo hope we all get off the list this month, im praying we do!
    x

13. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Every time I get a phone call I have a major heart attack, and its always a massive disappointment even if it's one of my best friends lol.

I too would be very proud to wear that T-shirt ;D

14. mushu

mushu New Member

Please can I join the "would be proud to wear a wait listed tshirt" lil group?

Would be very interested to work out how many days I've been Listed, especially if I'm unlucky enough to get on there a 3rd time!

15. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

You have most definitely earned yourself a T-shirt!

16. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Ohh you guys may find out soon yummy told the ICPers that they would be finding out in 2 weeks and some found out after 3-4 days so they are going quick. Hope you guys get to find out soon now! Things are moving along

17. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Hey guys :) just been doing a bit of research on the forums and facebook and with my previous experience with Disney...not that im obsessed or anything!lol

I counted that for the past 3 years there has been around 20-25 people wait listed at one time. and from the info i can gather seems to be the same situation this year ;D ive also figured out that at least 13 people have been taken off the list that i know off. so i think that there will be at most 12 of us left on the list.

So theres obviously no guarantee but its looking promising that we will all get off the list as its such a small number left and vertualy all other years all the waitlistees have.

anyway i thought i would share after spending hours on research!lol

Its been driving me mad being wait listed and i so hope we hear soon.

xxx

18. Mikey_M

Mikey_M New Member

that's pretty awesome if it's only roughly that figure left! ;D plus maybe some decided to be taken off when they phoned us a few weeks ago, which jus means more space for us!

hope everyone's well :)

get some facebook addage on the go for us waitlistees!

19. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I thought similar numbers to you Sarah. I thought about 20-30 people being waitlisted, based on looking at how many people got dates straight away, then obviously they would have out right rejected some people (even though we haven't heard of anyone, there would have been some). Couple that with interview no shows etc- there were 120 interview slots. So between 20 and 30 seems about right. Plus I like the thought of not having many people left on the list :) gives me a little bit more hope! xoxo

20. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I hope that's right! So if they've got to fill places for oct, nov and dec and there's two start dates for each that should be more than enough spaces for us all surely? Hopefully...