stuck!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by skinnylatte96, Apr 29, 2013.

1. skinnylatte96

skinnylatte96 New Member

Hi guys, i'm 16 and am thinking of applying for the CRP, but i have some questions and was wondering if anyone could help me?
    1. When working in the UK pavillion in Epcot, how would i work at the irish pub and fish and chip shop when they serve alcohol, i'd be under 21, would i still be able to serve it?
    2. Do you have to be in university to do the CRP?
    3. Do i have to go to the Disney University? do they still have that running?
    4. How long does the CRP last?
    5. In what month can you apply for the CRP? all year long?
    6. Do disney pay for the flight to florida? or do they only pay for the flight home if you complete the contract?
    7. How much do you get paid an hour according to 2012/2013?
    8. How much is the accomodation?
    9. How much cash in hand do you recommend on taking?
    10. How can i work in 'attractions' when there aren't any in the UK pavillion?
    ;D

2. journeytoatlantis

journeytoatlantis New Member

I'll do my best to answer these, I'm going out in September!

1. When working in the UK pavillion in Epcot, how would i work at the irish pub and fish and chip shop when they serve alcohol, i'd be under 21, would i still be able to serve it?

US laws are different to ours, you have to be 18 to serve it and 21 to drink it.

2. Do you have to be in university to do the CRP?

Nope! Only the ICP

3. Do i have to go to the Disney University? do they still have that running?

You have to take traditions and a few other classes depending on where you work and they are held at Disney University

4. How long does the CRP last?

1 year, minus a few days, I'm 3rd sept 2013 to 29th August 2014

5. In what month can you apply for the CRP? all year long?

Applications only open maybe 2 times a year. They are normally January and June/July time but I applied when they opened last September, it varies

6. Do disney pay for the flight to florida? or do they only pay for the flight home if you complete the contract?

Nope! You have to fund your way out there and you get a lump sum at the end if you complete your contract to pay for your flight home

7. How much do you get paid an hour according to 2012/2013?

$8.20 in F&B for non tipped positions, around $4-$5 plus tips in tipped positions, merch is around $7.20 I believe

8. How much is the accomodation?

Around $100 a week, depending on complex and flat size, bigger flats are cheaper

9. How much cash in hand do you recommend on taking?

I'm taking as much as possible! I know some people saved around £2000 before they went out, I'm aiming for about £1000 so that I can enjoy myself but you can get away with much much less... you need enough for 3 weeks

10. How can i work in 'attractions' when there aren't any in the UK pavillion?

UK CRPs can only work in F&B and Merchandise, just because we don't have an attraction, some pavilions like Canada do which is why it is on the list I guess!

Hope this helps!

3. skinnylatte96

skinnylatte96 New Member

Thanks a heap! ;D

4. Pip101

Pip101 Member

Hi skinnylatte96

Just to let you know that you have to 18 to apply some I know have missed out because they were not 18 at the time that the applications closed. Also to give yourself more of a chance to get through its a good idear to get some expreance in food service as there are more roles normaly in F&B than there is merch.

5. Crimsonben

Crimsonben New Member

6. Hi Guys,

I was on the program a few years back and there was an option for Disney to purchase the flights out there also, they would then take a small amount from your pay each week and at the end of the year give you the full amount back. As far as I know this option can still be taken, although I would not recommend it as the flights they booked for me and a friend went via every airport imaginable.

Chris.

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You can't do that anymore, you have to organise your own flight there and back and then they give you around $800 as a "relocation check" at the end provided you complete your full program :)

8. Immy

Immy New Member

I have not worked for Disney but did apply for the CRP UK Pavillion over a year ago however in regards to your question about serving Alchahol you have to be 21 to pour the alchahol but if my memory serves me correct, whilst living in Florida back in may 2012 for 6 months I did notice that you could serve alchahol provided you didn't actually pour it into the glass if you were under 21. Just a loophole so waiters/waitresses under 21 could actually bring it to your table. But as mentioned before you actually hacve to be at least 18 to apply anyway. Hope this helps.