studying at Disney!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Kaddy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

Hey Guyz,

I have heard that it is possible to study at Disney.
    Can somebody please tell me more details about courses and how they are to be handled?
    I would be very pleased if you can help me out ASAP

Greetz, Kaddy

2. thecaseman83

thecaseman83 New Member

Hey!

I plsan on taking some courses down there too. Im not too sure of what there is or how they are run but i will do my best to figure it out.

I heard there is some kind of a marketing course. I think im going to take that if I can.

Casey

3. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

I'm going to attend as many lectures as i can but i have no idea what kind of course offerings there are. I'm sure we'll hear more about it when we're down there.

4. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys.

I was thinking. Can we have language courses at Disney??
    I am thinking really hard on learning German and French.

See ya
    Robb ;D

5. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

I don't know about there being specific courses on the language but you can always find people from Germany and France, maybe even roommates, who would be willing to teach you the language. Even if you just have a smattering of the language already when you hear them speak it you'll catch a lot.

6. Quark

Quark New Member

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but the courses are one great example of Disney crap.

Forget about the courses - they are generally intended for the College Program people, not the International Program people. So if you try to sign up for them, you get all kinds of problems, from scheduling at work to being pushed out of the program in favor of Americans to being looked at very strangely. The courses on offer are a joke, and don't have much practical value. I have seen some people do some of them (perhaps about 2 or 3 people out of 300), and they weren't very satisfied.

There are no language courses, period. They do offer some self-learning courses, which mainly consist of an audio tape you can borrow, which gives you an impression about the level of "education" provided throughout Disney. If you still don't believe me, go to the CLIPS class, which is a three-session introductory program necessary to be allowed to take any further courses anyway. Those courses are such a joke that most participants are only seen at a Disney class again when they want to become servers.

I know someone who took a sign language course and she was pretty satisfied. Still, it's difficult to schedule. You're SUPPOSED to get off for courses, but since the schedulers are usually too stupid to tie their own shoelaces and have problems remembering a single day off you had requested, it's almost guaranteed that you won't get off for your course.

As for learning languages from you roommate, I didn't experience that either. I know that totally boils down to the people involved, but be prepared for the fact that you're going to be taught "Hello", "Sh|t", "F*ck" and "Do you want to go out with me" in all available languages, as it is huge fun, but when it comes to actually actively learning a language other than your own, things tend to fall asleep pretty soon.

So my advice: If you're somehow worried that you won't learn enough during your Disney program, because you might have wanted to go to university instead, don't. You'll learn more than anywhere else in the world, and things no course could offer you. Make the most out of it and don't try to stick to old bad habits of wanting to sit in a classroom for it.

7. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

thanks for the info