Tangled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morrs084, Dec 21, 2010.

1. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Hey,
    So i was wondering who has seen the new Disney movie, Tangled and what your thoughts were.
    I saw it last night and thought it was amazing. I'm really liking it.
    (i just realized most of the people on here are from the uk, and it wont be out for months over there.. ) lol

2. disneymouse11

disneymouse11 New Member

It is my new favourite disney movie EVER!

3. Rin

Rin New Member

Agreed! Can't stop singing the songs lol

4. markdoyal

markdoyal New Member

song was fine..not so hamming...on it..

5. Missish

Missish New Member

I'm so looking forward to seeing it when it comes out here in January!

6. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

it really did surprise me. I saw the previews months ago and thought it looked bad. Why not just keep it to Repunzel? i thought..
    but it started getting really good reviews, and it's Disney.. so i saw and it was reallly good. It's definitely not their top/best movie... but they did a good job. would have really like to see it in 2-D though. Ohh well. :)

7. Missish

Missish New Member

Finally saw it last night and LOVED it! I thought it was really well put together, and the romance was quite believable. The 3D was completely unnecessary, but aside from that - great film.

I'm now hoping that the parks will incorporate the scene with all of the Chinese lanterns into one of their night shows ;)

8. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

They do their movies in 3-D for their own protection. It goes with all movies being put out now. You can't pirate the 3-D movies.. at least not in the theater.. so that's why this 3-D sensation has hit us.

And they already have the characters there.. but i wonder if they're going to make a special spot for her in the new fantsyland expansion. :) Would be cool to walk up this long narrow tower to see her.

9. kate003

kate003 New Member

Such a good movie!!! Apparently they had a lot of the concepts together for it, but they didn't think it would draw any boys, so they redid a bunch of it to be more about Flynn Rider as well....something like that haha.

I was surprised I liked it, met her at the parks before i saw the film and they were joking with us about the frying pan..and i didn't have a clue what they were talking about :)

10. Missish

Missish New Member

Perhaps, but the film is out in 2D as well, so I'm not sure that's strictly true ...

11. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

late reply.. but I finally saw Tangled last night!
    I loved it, the lantern scene in 3D was breathtaking. I was really bummed 'cause I was out in FL in November, and left the day it came out :( so have had to wait SO long!
    I heard it was originally titled 'Rapunzel' but it didn't appeal as much to guys so they changed it to 'Tangled' and that Flynn's character was built up out of asking loads of women what they found attractive qualities.

12. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

That's really cool, i didn't know that about Flynn. I did hear about the Rapunzel title.. and i was the opposite. I got all excited (cause princesss and the frog was soo good!) and thought yesss another classic.. and then i heard it was called tangled and thought they were going to do a spin off of it, which is what they sort of did.. but it was very good.. and i was surprised. And the music was fantastic!

13. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Not really, they actually stuck closer to the original story of rapunzel then the last one (if this is making sense)

I LOVED this film however! I loved Pascal! How he liks owns them all even thought he's a chameleon <3 Flyn is awesome also. I like how they're researching into what people like in other people, makes it enjoyable for adults also. aha when I was in the cinema, these 4 little girls infront of me with their mum, started crying when Flyn died and was like :O Mummm I cant watch it no more. Aww it was adorably funny xD

14. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I loved this! I wasn't too impressed by the music (one of the songs really reminded me of Every Little Piece from Pete's Dragon) but apart from that I thought it was brilliant. I didn't see it in 3D though so missed out on the lantern experience.

15. Einstien76

Einstien76 New Member

I'm now hoping that the parks will incorporate the scene with all of the Chinese lanterns into one of their night shows..

16. kate003

kate003 New Member

That would be amazing!!

17. Quirky Duckling

Quirky Duckling New Member

considering how many times they went back and forth from hand drawn to cgi for this film, i'm glad they picked cgi. Though I hope they do more films like the classics.

witht the music, esp in Princess and the Frog, I've noticed they seem to recollect older movie songs. maybe unintentionally but they seem to. plus they don't have that same memorable quality of old.