Tattoos

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by TomPrince, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hey there!
    Well about the experience, my roomie already summed it up pretty well ;)
    Unfortunately my computer is crap so I need a few years to reply back to posts LOL We both went about 4 years ago and it was the best time ever! No words can express or discribe it, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
    I can understand you being so pissed off about the Disney attitude but that's just the way things work over there! They built up a perfect little world with people basically looking all the same and always acting nicely and crawling into guests asses! I had fun at work, too, but the whole Disney attitude can make you so sick sometimes. I remember so well when it was friggin cold in winter and I had to work outside at KidKot and wasn't allowed to wear stockings or anything like that cause it would ruin the Disney look. Fuck that! The best part was when you went to parties at night and all the individual personalities of the people came shining out!

Laterz
    Julia

2. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Sorry to hear about that Tom :( I too would be bummed if i was told that x Are you going to take the matter up with Disney and see if you can work around "the system"?

This may sound a little silly but maybe you could offer to wear a body stocking (if short sleeves are required) or use some form of make-up? I feel for you and can't imagine how you must feel :-\

It may be worth being a little persistant and contacting Yummy Jobs and requesting an interview anyway. If they see how little a deal you having artwork on your arms is compared to your personality then i'm sure it'll be a different story x

Good luck with everything :)

3. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

or if u're REALLY into getting this job, you can get them removed..but it'll cost a lot..
    -liz

4. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Sorry to hear that Tom :'(.
    My flatmates have commented on the 'Disney look', and said they could never work for them. Like others have said, you have to look perfect and fit into what they call normal I suppose. They said it reminds them of the Stepford Wives, lol. You're right about saying that maybe Disney should start to get with the times, but I suppose they can only do this to a certain extent. A lot of guests would not care about cast members having tattoos, but a handful would, and as Disney have to cater for everyone, that's probably why tattoos are not aloud. I was quite shocked about men not being to wear an ear-ring. That seems very petty to me.
    Don't qive up though Tom if you really want this job. Like the others have said, be persistent and let them know you are the best for the job, regardless of your tattoos
    Dan :)

5. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Here Here! :D Go for it Tom, you have nothing to lose :)