Tattoos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZ_Jess, Oct 17, 2010.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I have visible tattoos.. I got accepted anyway but am just wondering if anyone else has tattoos who have worked at WDW? What did you use to cover them up? Special makeup or something?

2. kate003

kate003 New Member

I have two tattoos, but they didn't show with my costume (in Canada. I actually got them both down there!) Tons of my friends had visible tattoos though and used bandaids or usually just long sleeves (even outside..in the summer), or pants. Some people use makeup but if you're outside especially, it's gotta be really good. I wouldn't be too worried, Cast members are FULL of tattoos!

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh thanks for replying!

4. Steven_joyce

Steven_joyce New Member

I don't like Tattoos. I am very Surprise why People like Tattoos.
    It is Just wastage of Money.
    :-*

5. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Well. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

6. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

i so wanted a tattoo for my bday next week on my upper pec, but im applying to wdw and if i get in it will show through my uniform as its open at the neck, and im so not wearing a tshirt underneath my shirt in the heat :(

7. Peever

Peever New Member

YOu can buy special coverup makeup stuff though in the Florida heat and sweating it can wear off fairly easy and youll be constantly having to take care of it. If its somewhere like legs or arms just wear the longer version of the costumes to cover it. The only time you can get in a pickle is hands and necks. otherwise most costumes naturally cover well. I got a maple leaf while down there on my right bicep so no worries about it showing!

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah I have one on my wrist, a tiny one behind my ear, and a small one on the back of my neck.. I think I will just be buying some bandaid tape or something that I can cut up small to cover them up, and HOPE that it will be ok!

9. Peever

Peever New Member

well if you got bandaids there you should be ok. Get the ones that look similar to the colour of human skin and youll be in buisness. Its much easier than the make up bit I mentioned and if people ask about it just say you got a wee cut. No one will ask to SEE to confirm. haha.

10. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

each to their own......i think that tattoos (when done well) are beautiful and are brilliant pieces of art, i wouldnt call that a waste of money! ::)

11. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I totally agree Lemondrop105!!!

12. Shaun_micheal

Shaun_micheal New Member

I don't like tattoos.
    These are just a wastage stuffs. :p

13. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yes you have made your point, move on!!!!

14. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i spy with my little eye soemthing beginning with troll!

15. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

that's one word for it!!!! :)

16. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

For your wrist one, a girl I worked with just wore a thick-strapped watch. Most of my tats are easily covered. My ankle one I just made sure my socks covered. I went through the process before I left to learn how to cover it with makeup, and tbh I perfected it, but never once did it once I got there.

17. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah, I think makeup would be too much of a hassle.. plus our tattoo makeup in NZ (at least, the ones I have found) are CRAP and don't do anything! My leg one probably just means I won't be able to wear shorts but I'm sure I can deal with it :)

18. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Here in the States if you go to Sephora you can get Kat Von D's tattoo coverup. To me it was too much of a hassle to get up you know, 20-30 mins earlier just to put make up on my leg. Socks are easier and cheaper.

19. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

just remember tho that some of the costumes you cant swap shorts for trousers etc - some of them you HAVE to wear shorts/ a skirt etc...... and also, for anyone doing F&B you cant wear a watch now, for hygiene etc....... suckkkks!!!!

20. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Ohh are you serious?? I just thought if you had a tattoo they'd make you wear pants. Hmm, well maybe I'll have a go with makeup and then see what my costume is like when I get there and HOPE its ok!