Tattoos...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by nickthedreamer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

There is information on this forum and on other websites but I wanted to see if anyone on here had a personal story or knew anything involving tattoos when applying for the CRP. I have a small tattoo at the top of my forearm (just under the crease) which can obviously be covered by a 3/4 or a full sleeve but I'm wondering what to policy is.

Thanks for the responses in advance

Nickthedreamer

2. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

As long as your costume covers it you are fine. However if you work in a certain area that the costume you are required to wear shows the tattoo it's a no.
    I have a tattoo top right of my arm and even my short sleeve shirt covers it so I'm good......It all depends on the costume.

3. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Like BIRD said, as long as the costume covers it, it is fine. I know in Canada for our short sleeve shirts we were allowed to wear black longsleeve shirts underneath which is what people with arm tattoos in our pavilion did.

4. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

I will be wanting to apply for the UK pavilion so its weather that costume has a long sleeve option

Thanks for the advice

Nickthedreamer

5. xmanda

xmanda New Member

This is a concern of mine, too. I have four tattoo's altogether.. two are easily hidden but I do have two small ones that are always visible.. one below my elbow crease on my forearm and one on my wrist. I guess I could always cover them with make-up if needs be but I do hope they don't massively affect my chances. Safe to say I'm holding off the urge for more (although I'm finding it difficult) until I eventually give up applying for the job!

6. StacyW

StacyW Member

If you have one on your wrist i don't think they will consider you for F&B as you can't cover your tattoo with make up on your wrist when working that closely with food. When i had my F2F interview they told the person i was having my interview with that they could only do merchandise as they have a tattoo on my wrist. But its best to talk to them about it :) Good luck everyone!

7. SarahRad

SarahRad New Member

Having a tattoo won't affect your chances of being accepted. That's what we were told at the F2F interviews in February. They mentioned that they could get creative with the costumes to try and hide it, and it that wasn't possible them you would have to cover it with makeup - AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE.

But they said that they enjoyed being accommodating with the costumes, and they all seemed rather cheerful about it, so I wouldn't worry too much.

8. mpark90

mpark90 Member

If your going to apply for the UK for food and beverage and you have a tattoo on your wrist, i remember when i was there, mind you this was back in 2009, but a girl started in food and bev and she had the world love written on the inside of her wrist, she got moved to merchendise so she could wear a watch and cover it up, unfortunately watches were not allowed in food and bev.

9. manxmax1

manxmax1 New Member

I have three on my legs, two are infact mickey and minnie mouse ahha.
    The UK costume covers all your legs doesnt it?

10. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Yeah they do haha. You will have sock upto you knees and 'knickers' (long shorts) as well - of your a guy and if your a girl you will have a long skirt down to your shins and then tights on under that x

11. For the UK you can wear a white t-shirt under your costume or you can cover your tattoo with a bandage, I wore a t-shirt though.