Termed

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vader1, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Elliot_Stone

Elliot_Stone New Member

Hey I'm sorry you got termed, I might be wrong but your posts don't come off as very regretful. I mean you knew about call ins and the possible consequences as well as if cover couldn't be arranged you left your fellow cast members/ team in the lurch, you were there through the summer period, busiest time. Yet you sound like your just gonna breeze through the interview process and get offered a place, like its a guaranteed thing that you'll be there next year. Then again I could be wrong.

2. vader1

vader1 New Member

Elliot no its not like that at all i do feel bad that this happen i told tha manger that the last thing i wanted was to go home but she told me that i had to but i can re-apply i not saying i there next year i just saying i can re-apply and return and Emi i just don't talk to people who chose to be rude. :)

3. Elliot_Stone

Elliot_Stone New Member

Yeah I guessed I was along the wrong lines, its so hard to get the meaning across in text, cause words just can't portray what you want them to, unlike speaking. I mean 2 people can say the same thing, but its how they say them, they can have 2 very different meanings. Again I am sorry you got termed, your silver lining is it was'nt due to gross mis-conduct so good luck with re-applying, have you got the dates of when they will be accepting applications again?.

4. vader1

vader1 New Member

I think January or so its all good though man i wish the best of luck getting down there its the greatest make the most of it and who knows we may meet up if i return :)

5. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

yeah take it personal. ::)

Im just saying I thought the whole point of the CRP was to push through as many different individuals as possible so lots of people get to experience it. Im not trying to be rude but if someone screws up in any form or fashion and gets Termed then like, move on and make way for the new people.

And I have a crisp $100 bill to back up my mouth. 8)

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Kyle I hate to say it but you're stuck until Late September of next year before you can apply again. Cast-A-Way may take your resume, disney doesn't want you for 365 days after they fired you (if it's true your re-hire is going through).

7. gingerbeacon

gingerbeacon New Member

I doubt they will let you back. If you live in florida and are termed for call ins etc you can go back in 6 months. Its not the same for internationals. At my interview in Leeds there was a great guy who had worked in UK merch I think. He was there for 14 months. He went to the cruise line after but had to leave cause he broke his arm. He was on the no rehire list. I dont want to kill your sprits or anything man but it coasts a load for Disney to hire international so why oh why would they take the risk on you again.

Oh BTW to the dude who posted before me 1500 posts. Nice. I have a felling I have seen you somewhere before. By any chance were you at a wrestling show in Jacksonville about a year ago?

8. vader1

vader1 New Member

Jordan ya thats what they told me. They siad i was fine has a worker it was just the call ins so hopefully next year it will work out. Ginerbeacon u are right about people liveing in florida can re-apply after 6 mouths but we have to wait a year turst me many people told me this. anyways i not saying they will re-hire i just saying i can re-apply :)

9. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

As long as you recieve a positive rehire status, you are most likely going to be on the same playing field as everyone else when you apply again. Attendance isn't exactly the most detrimental reason to get fired. I know someone who was fired for suspicion of theft ( he didn't do it) and still got positive rehire. With internationals it's a bit different, because everyone is competetive for the position, but they'll still consider you. Disney can't afford to be too picky with their rehire methods, they do have a work shortage afterall.

10. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

oops. accidentally posted twice

11. vader1

vader1 New Member

Thats good news they told me the same thing that calling in is not a huge deal but becuase i was only there 2 mouths they had to do it. I am not mad but i do hope that i can get a job there next year i be a little bit more smart about what area i want to work in i dont want to rush it like i did this year :)

12. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

How many times we talking that you called in within two months?

13. vader1

vader1 New Member

it was three times

14. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

So you only called in three times during a two month period? Would that only alot you three points then? I've never heard of anyone getting termed for just three points. Does it work differently over at the pavillions? As far as I've heard, you need a few reprimands to get the ax for something like that.

Brynna

15. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

do you get any form of pre-warning before they term you due to days off?

16. vader1

vader1 New Member

not at all minnie but its all good i look at this has a new start i move on for now and i can try again next year

17. ciara_deara

ciara_deara New Member

if they were that happy with your work they wouldn't of termed you in the first place regardless or not of you calling in, they want the best for their company.
    A

18. ciara_deara

ciara_deara New Member

whoops didn't finish my last post,

meant o say, anyway hope it all works out well for you both my cousins did the program and one of them shared with a boy that got termed and he was told the same thing and didn't get back in they said they couldn't take the chance.

19. beck-y

beck-y New Member

Lol, kick a boy whilst he's down and all that!

20. ciara_deara

ciara_deara New Member

didn't mean to kick him when hes down was being honest as my cousins told me bout it.