Terming

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Shivasauras, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

I guess that's the moral of the story...you run and tell asap or you're screwed!

2. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

oh no thats really bad news, when did this happen? :mad:

3. Mom of an Applicant

this morning... and unless somebody fesses up, she's finished. Anyone who knows her there will understand how devastating this is...she did follow the rules...she really didn't enjoy her living arrangements but put up with people in order to sleep and sometimes eat there - that's it! No social connections at all and this is what happens! It sucks!

4. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

aw no way that is soooo bad!!!

thing is, if sum1 is stupid enough to get themselves termed, how selfish must they be not to confess that it was them... either way they will get termed, so she may as well allow the innocent ones to stay!!!

5. Mom of an Applicant

That's the point the others are trying to get across, but she doesn't seem to care. She was using the excuse of her passport being red-flagged if she admits it, but I spoke with the man at the commons office, and he said that's not the case. BTW, he's not a very 'Disney-like' kinda guy! I'm sure he's heard it all, but will not reopen this unless there is new information which would be someone fessing up!

6. Chloe

Chloe New Member

As one of the 5 UKs, I can tell you that the majority of the time, if you're termed there is a valid reason.
    NOT 100% of the time as I have discovered.
    A couple of the people in our group deserved to be let go and accept that fact, the rest did not.
    It seemed the attitude taken by the company was to get rid of anyone named as 'possibly' involved with the situation so as to avoid any more stress.
    I am currently talking to the union concerning unfair dismissal amongst other things.

All there really is to say is (obviously) don't do anything stupid and you should be fine. But you never know. Disney isn't always as fair as they make themselves out to be.

7. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

OH MOM.......

I am TERRIBLY sorry to hear what is going on with Shayna!! This SUCKS!! I mean her story was rocky right from the get go and she has settled in and ONCE AGAIN someone is going to ruin something!! THIS is what I am talking about!! She THOUGHT about snitching and then her other room mate did........NOW all are going to get thrown out!!

DO NOT put someone in a position like THAT people!! COMMON SENSE!! YOU want to have fun.....DO IT but DO NOT included ANYONE ELSE!!

Keep us posted mom!! Let's HOPE that the girl's decide to DO THE RIGHT THING and own up to it and will let the other two girls who were NEVER invloved stay and continue with their program!!

8. doowop

doowop New Member

Im really sorry to read this! does ur daughter come on here? whats her name? That totally sucks!! its really scary to think of how hard people work and save, and how excited you get to think that somethin really trivial could be the difference between staying and going. i know it sounds really whiney but they should be more considerate in some circumstances, for some people this is a dream job and i count myself as one of those people, and reading this post is really worrying me. i dont even care if it sonds nerdy or whatever coming froma pretty poor background this is an oppurtunity beyond any of my dreams and i am really lucky to be doing this i am working soo hard to save money to go i havent had a day off work for as long as i remember seriously. Sorry ive digressed but Disney should be more sympathetic we're all adults we are responsible for our own actions. If i was in a position where i had been caught doing drugs (which i never would) i would turn myself in. Its completely selfish to let however many other people take the blame and have their plans ruined and everything they have worked hard for wasted. Im jst going to keep my nose clean!!

Im going with some of the most fantastic people ever (you know who you are). and i trust them entirely and hope we can all keep each other in check. and yeah keep us posted mum because its way harsh!!

9. Mom of an Applicant

The girls in question are not prepared to fess up. I even spoke with one of them on the phone today and all she would say is that they are 'discussing' it! My ass!

Shayna is able to move out of Vista and in with a friend from work for the next couple of days. She was immensely mortified to have her CM card taken away and she is so embarrassed by the entire thing. She's going because she didn't snitch first! It's as simple as that! I spoke with the man at the Commons Office 3 times and I have to say he intimidated me so I can't imagine what it must have been like for Shayna! The only way this will change is if one of the girls admits to having alcohol in the apartment. Simple, but not quite....unfortunately.

10. Chloe

Chloe New Member

This all sounds very familiar. I was termed for an almost identical reason so I feel for your daughter.
    My parents were coming out to see me for the first time in 10 months 2 days after they fired me. I was mortified.
    The best of luck to her though...you never know.

11. Mom of an Applicant

Chloe...were you there and now you're going back? I'm confused...

Shayna was told she can reapply after 6 months, so I'm hoping that's the case...

12. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I just heard earlier, it's so awful. I can't beleive it. Shayna is so fricking awesome, I'm going to miss her a ton. I hope her roommate will come forward, it really isn't fair to her or the other girls who weren't breaking the rules. Does Shayna get a non rehire status after this? I hope not. She loves it so much here!

13. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I was with Disney for ten months and moved out of the Commons 2 weeks ago.

14. Mom of an Applicant

Hi Brynna!

Thanks for the post! Shayna is crushed beyond measure and is completely distraught!

What's so sad, is that she wanted to transfer out of her apartment way back, but we talked about it and decided it was better to deal with the 'devil you know' vs the 'devil you don't'.

She's so upset at what her managers are going to think. I have told her to write them a letter and make sure they understand what happened. Josh or Shanan will hopefully be able to get it to them.

One of the girls is talking about taking it to the union or something, but right now Shayna's not even in the apartment. She's so angry she wants to hurt somebody. Shanan was kind enough to call in so Shayna wouldn't be alone so she's with Shanan. Thank goodness!

15. Mom of an Applicant

Are you back home Chloe or still in Orlando?

16. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Neither. The company tells you that you have 24 hours to be out of the country but that isn't true. You actually have 30 days (checked with the embassy). A friend and I went to the Bahamas and came back in on tourist visas so we're fine now until October.
    I'm sticking around (visiting friends etc) for a while and am actually going home at the same time I would have had I kept the job.

17. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

So there's no chance her roommate will come forward? That's so unfair. Can she reapply to this program or a different one?

18. Mom of an Applicant

She was told she can reapply in 6 months and she was leaving anyway on August 25 for school in the fall, so we'll see.

We have an entire vacation planned to go down in August and bring her home. We are actually still talking about going down and having the vacation anyways!

19. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

what programs is she able to reapply to? I'm thinking I'll reapply to come back again as well. It would be cool if you guys still came down in August. I'm still so angry for her. I'd strangle that girl.

B

20. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Hi MoA,

I'm deeply sorry to hear what is going on with Shayna, I know it's been a struggle for her but once she finally finds her comfort zone here crap like this springs up.
    I only got to meet her once, really, but she's a really sweet girl and doesn't deserve any of this to happen. My room mates have all talked it over and even though one of them is a crazy drunk, there will be NO booze in the apartment but it is hard to control. I hope that perhaps things might start to look up for her, like one of the room mates turning herself in.
    Again, I'm really sorry.

-Jei