The BEST Thing about Disney...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Jul 30, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I think that the best thing about Disney, and why I love it so much, is because it really is a magical place. I have quite the imagination, and though I wish that unicorns and witches and wizards and mermaids etc really were real, they're not, But at Disney, you feel like anything is possible and everything is magical. It brings out the kid in me every time I go (although I act like a kid most times) ... to me it is just the most magical place there is. Magic just happens there. Some people think I'm nuts, but I feel it in that place. Cast members make magic, and even guests make magic for eachother.

It's an amazing place that makes me feel as happy as I ever could be! I don't have a care in the world there! Something just happens inside those parks and on that property that I can't exactly describe in words - but I know that you guys know what I mean lol! I don't know how many times I can say the word magical - but that's exactly what it is!

Just thought i'd start a thread talking about why everyone loves Disney so much! - Get us all excited throughout the job process!

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

What I love about Disney is pretty much the same as Shayna. Disney just has a way of making you dream and believe that you can do anything in the world.

However, probably the thing I love most about Disney is the Cast Members. There is something about Disney that attracts individuals, like all of us here, who share a passion for Disney, and for guest service. People who will go the extra mile to make someone smile! That's why I really loved the Year of a Million Dreams. It just showcased what has always been a part of Disney, and that is making dreams come true through the hard work and care of every cast member!

3. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Why do I love Disney???

Its simple really, as soon as I get there I am a princess. Each and every cast member strives to make my visit the happiest it can be and when they talk to me, its not just because its required of them, they are truly interested! I love that no matter how old you are, that when you see Mickey Mouse you instantly become a little girl again. On my last vacation my family was just finishing up the night at the MK by the sword in the stone in Fantasyland when out of nowhere Mickey and Minnie strolled up behind us. It was AMAZING as those characters are so seldom just strolling around the parks, but it truly made the experience magical!

4. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

Why do i love Disney??

It's pure magic, it makes me believe that wishes and dreams do come true
    I love everything about it and what it represents
    I remember going my first time and i love Pinocchio, i saw him going in from a signing and i was excited and ran up to wave ... The cast member with him saw m e waving and lead him back out to me to give me special hug and it was amazing .. i cried how happy i was . People were taking photos
    Ill never forget that day!
    My best memories are from there . It the best! :D

5. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

aww nataliee :) hehe cuteee. id write why i love it, but it'd take too long and im starting work now
    will do it later lol

6. There isn't a word to describe how I feel about Disney. It is just so incredibly magical. Magic Kingdom has so many memories for me both with my family and the amazing friends I met last summer. It is just amazing and the WoMD kinda encompasses what Disney is about for me. About making dreams come true and through that fostering the magic that has developed there. The CM's are always so good and really do portray the Disney magic especially the (I)CP's who have all worked so hard to get out there and so do their darndest to make guests happy. I know I haven't been as happy anywhere as I was there.

7. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

also another thing i wrote wdw wen i got bak frm my first holiday sayin i had a amzing holiday but i was upset i didnt get to see peter pan as he was a fav and tht i loved pinocchio they sent me back in the post 2 signed one pinocchio one peter pan autographs peter pans one said to natalie never grow up peter pan :) and the pinocchio one was persnalised with my name too it was such a nice gesture considering al the post they must get

8. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

that reminds me of a video a friend showed me while i was there...the little girl in it is adorable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjjdIeUQks

My friend knew peter pan and he said he still remembered that little girl...that's why disney is so amazing, the little things that cast members do can make people's dreams come true ;D

9. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

ive never met peter pan .. :(

10. you'd love him natalie.

11. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

once you get the CRP you can visit him everyday!!

12. Yes we shall have a special visit to adventureland to see him.

13. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

:D :D :D yay i love him

14. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Peter Pan is amazing! Heck, I'm jealous of any person who lives in Neverland! :D

As far as the "best" thing about Disney though, it's so difficult to pin it down to any one particular thing. Not only that, but so much of it is hard to put down in words. I have some friends who think I'm bonkers for loving the place so much, but that's just the way it is! I walk through those Magic Kingdom gates and I just feel instantly at home. It is that one place on Earth where magic *truly* exists because you can feel it absolutely everywhere you go. In the kind gestures of Cast Members, in the music you hear from park to park, land to land, in the attraction that totally immerse you in different worlds. It's like walking into a storybook where you can really bring your own fantasy to life! Disney had a series of commercials for a while that always ended with two words - "Magic Happens." That's the core of the very apple! And guests become part of the magic themselves - really, where else would you find the CEO of a big wig company walking down Main Street wearing a Goofy hat? It's such an amazing feeling to walk through there, and I appreciated it ten-fold after being a CM during the ICP in '06. Really, I would do things for guests and their reactions would just mean the world to me. They made that moment as magical for me as I hope I did for them! Everybody works to crack that smile, and when it reveals itself - even from seemingly the toughest of characters - it just makes it all worth it! It's just all so real to me, from the castle to the characters to the flying elephants in Fantasyland. And I wouldn't ever even try to see it any other way. There is only one Mickey Mouse, I've met him, and by golly he's a swell guy! And to think, everything, absolutely eeeeeeeverything we see there, started with that mouse, and Walt with the imagination that knew no boundaries! Even now, I love that whenever imagineers sit down to come up with a new concept for an attraction, land, park, etc - they call it a "blue sky session" because the sky is the limit! :) I love that mentality of "if you can dream it, you can do it" and it's something I've carried with me always!

Ah and when the fireworks come to life at night, well, that just makes it for me. :)

Put simply, I just love it with all my heart :)

15. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I couldn't say it better! Awee Disney! ;D