The chance may never come again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt1133, Apr 10, 2006.

1. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Ahh man, I'd tap that arss!
    I do think I've seen that Reebok commercial, Im not sure, I don't watch alot of tv!
    I read up about him though, he's a week younger than me! That's shocking!

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah, he's really young! He probably looks at least a couple of years older than I do though.

So many people compared him to Ovechkin, but they don't realize he's almost 2 years younger than him and Ovechkin played in Europe last season while Crosby was still in the minors. I think Crosby is "the next one" and after a season or two, Ovechkin will slow down like so many European all stars do...

With his talent and all his commercial gigs and stuff, I don't think he'll have any financial problems any time soon though... he's got a lot of dough for a guy his age!

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Woot! Ducks advance, The Calgary Flames are done!

and Snow, you'll get a few chances to see Sid the Kid play, Pittsburgh (his team) plays in Tampa twice a season.

4. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Oooh thanks Jord! I think I'll be watching those!

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Didn't seem like the flames came out to play at all... Oh well, maybe its better this way, now, I won't have anything distracting me from Disney. I'm still going for Colorado now though!

6. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Yep....so much for our battle of Alberta. Tough goal to give up by Ottawa on OT tonight.

The idea of going to Lightning games to see Crosby, the Leafs and Canadiens without having to pay insane prices for tough tickets like here in Vancouver makes me wish I was going there for the whole year....

7. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah don't tell anyone but we had some teams staying at the hotel I work for so that's how I could've gotten free tickets several times, but I always had to work. Lecavalier is really good and sorry but I must say kinda nice to look at, too LOL ( yeah yeah I am a girl, I have multiple views on sports haha )
    I would have liked seeing some canadian teams play, too. Well maybe next time...until then I have tv :(

Julia

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

That's pretty cool! Did you actually get to meet and talk to them?
    Ya, I think there are more than a few people who watch sports for the athletes, but whatever.
    Unfortunately there'll be no hockey in Florida until next season... oh well, I guess baseball or maybe soccer?

9. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

I can't wait to go see some Bolts games when I go down.I can probably get free tickets too with my Brad Richards connections. ;D

10. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I wish I could be there for the whole year...
    You have Brad Richards connections?!? Sweet!
    I still remember when they won the cup and some announcers were calling him "lobster boy"

11. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

Yeah,I've been on the ice with Brad a few times and trained with him and Grant Marshall and David Ling.My grandfather is good friends with his dad and has got tickets several times.Good ol PEI haha.

12. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

yea ducks! second strong performance against the avs!

13. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah go Ducks! (I'm pretty disapointed in the Oil tonight though... a great first preiod only to fall flat on their faces for the rest of the game... good thing Roli was on tonight or it would have been much worse than a 2-1 game).

14. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Ducks!?!
    No way, go AVS! Burnaby Joe and Theodore!!!

Anyone else as happy as I am that the Suns beat the Lakers?!? Go Nash! Bryant can go home!

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

My picks (since before the playoff trees were finalised were)

Oilers
    Hurricanes
    Ducks
    Senators

In that order. Good to see all are still in it, and would be awesome if all 4 advanced :D.

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah I work as a manager on duty for a major hotel and about 99% at the front desk, so I checked most of them out at one point lol. I tried to keep it on a professional level though, as they are very important guests for us. It was fun though since the same teams always came back, it was always a nice treat. I won't be there for the next season, so I tried to enjoy it this time around as much as possible :) Who knows which hotel I will be ending up next...
    Yeah I am not much of a fan of baseball, neither soccer really. I am on a visit in Germany and the whole nation is going crazy over the worldcup, quite amusing.

Julia

17. flavour

flavour New Member

i can understand them! ;) can't wait for the worldcup to finally start! even though work will be hell!

18. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

I just came back from Ottawa...or should I say "CRAZY TOWN WITH SENATOR OBESSED WEIRDOS" It was really cool that EVERYONE and their uncle was wearing Sens jerseys.
    I got a Tshirt.
    GO SENS GO!

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, I still think Calgary fans are the most hardcore.

I must admit that of the Canadian teams left, I would prefer the Sens to win... but I'm still rooting for Theodore and the Avs!

The world cup will be awesome! Hope to be able to watch some games, I haven't seen many from previous years.

20. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

yeah yeah whatever! lol i am kinda glad i am not working in munich anymore haha.