The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Discostu81, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Hmmmm, gotta disagree there. Michael Keaton is indeed the best Batman but Bale is head & shoulders above both George Clooney & definitely Val Kilmer who was terrible! Even Adam West in the camp old 60's TV series was better than Val Kilmer!

2. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

Oh i forgot fat old Val Kilmer, yea he was the worst! But George Clooney is kinda nice so I let him off the bad performance lol

What's your fave Batman movie?

3. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Now it's Dark Knight without a shadow of a doubt but before I saw that the 1989 Michael Keaton one just pipped Batman Begins to the post. To be honest, I've never really rated any of the others. Batman Returns was alright but the other two were terrible!

4. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

I quite liked Batman returns, mainly cos of Penguin! I loved him!
    Batman & Robin was pants, there was way too many characters in one film, but Jim Carrey was good as the riddler tho.
    Which one was the Joker in before then?

5. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

One thing that kind of annoyed me about Bale's Batman is the gruff voice he put on when he was batman. I don't know why but it really annoyed me lol. But yeah Dark Knight is wayyyyyy better than Batman Begins

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I didnt mind the gruff voice because it hid his true identity anyway. The Dark Knight is far better because i have just watched batman begins and the dark knight beats it full stop.

7. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Yeah, the over-the-top barry white voice is slightly annoying but it does make sense in the big picture that he wouldn't want to reveal his identity.

Kirst - Joker was first in the 1989 original played by Jack Nicholson obviously. Unless you count the 1966 version where he was played by Cesar Romero who played him in the TV series. Yes, I am a Batman nerd!

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, you sure are. I only ever watched the animated version when i was younger, and seriously what was the whole point with Batman and Robin

9. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I can only assume somebody in a big hollywood studio somewhere was thinking there was some major dollar to be made! How wrong they were! A huge blemish in the long history of Batman!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, Batman is better on his own. I hope in all of huminity they do not make a Batman and Robin movie, that would be just awful.

11. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Christopher Nolan has said he will never bring Robin into the current run of films. Sadly, he's also not a fan of Penguin so he's unlikely to be a villain anytime soon.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That is good. oh well i think we could live without the Penguin making an appearance.

13. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I like Penguin's more traditional character, not the silly 'raised by penguins' version Tim Burton did in Batman Returns. Bane would be the most obvious choice for Nolan's more realisitic take on Gotham. They could work wonders with the whole thing in the graphic novel where he broke Batman's back.

14. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

I think i just liked the big duck that Penguin rode around in lol
    Who's Bane? And how did he break Batman's back? was that only in the comics?

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Yeah, in a comic story called 'Knightfall' he broke Batman's back in the 90's after breaking into Wayne manor (he figures out that Bruce Wayne is batman.) He had a small part in Batman & Robin but it was (shockingly!) awful. He has an addiction to a drug called venom which gives him super-human strength but he is also very intelligent & often outsmarts Batman (hence figuring out his real identity)

I did like Penguin's big duck too though! I would love to have one of those!

16. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

See now im gona have to go and watch them all again, cos i cant remember half the stuff your on about lol
    I watched Spiderman 3 last night, not too keen on the whole evil spidey bit, it's just not believable. better than spiderman 2 tho, that was really bad!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Spiderman 2 was rubbish, it put me off watchin the third one.

18. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

yeah Batman and Robin was pretty bad/corny/plain awful lol hahaha Schwarzeneggar as Mr. Freeze then Batman and Robin fighting over Poison Ivy THEN they had to throw Batgirl into the mix ??? lol

19. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Amen, far too many characters to keep up with it all! Plus they made them all too camp, Batman is meant to be dark & gritty not like an episode of queer eye for the straight guy!

20. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

I bet you love that show!! Infact, you could probably be one of them lol (just kiddin) x