The Disney Cure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Freckles

Freckles Guest

I would do it to annoy them but they annoy me more!! And are rather mean to me about my singing (i'm not the best but i enjoy singing).

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I bet your a lovely singer, i dont sing at my work, well, not when anyones around of course.

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

lol ill have to get some of the gang show on youtube lol. or the panto i was in.

so by the sounds of things a lot of people sing here. a question i have is, have people had lessons? school choir? family gatherings? out of school stuff?

4. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

*Puts hand up* errr... I've had lessons :-\ I got my grade 8 last year :) *Sparkle in eye* lol

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ive had lessons, ive been in the school choir and the district choir (which wasnt that great) and i have started in two musicals at school. Joseph and Back to the 80s. they were great. I love singing. i miss my lessons.

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Erm I've had 6 months of lessons, am in the uni choir and have done one musical. Oh and auditioned for Encore and sung in the Candlelight Processional, as well as the cone shop and rolling out for PAC...oh and in the Jungle Cruise temple lol.

Good news is my voice is gradually coming back and will hopefully be joining the local choral society and musical theatre group!

7. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thats cool.

i have never had lessons, though have done gang show since 2002 and have been in school choirs since primary school. i think i may join the uni choir this year if i have time, im hoping to i regret not joining last year.

i have the odd lesson with a university lecture on vocal training, but thats all the training i have had.

8. DisneyGibbs

It's very useful to have training...even if its just so you learn how to breath right and know where your limits are. A lot of what I learnt I kind of already knew, I just didn't know if it was right or not...and I was taught what my range was and where I had to change between head and chest voice!

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah Chris told us about those areas of voices. and its to resinate not project lol.

i am thinking of having lessons if i can afford them as i would like to know what i can do. since my allergies emerged i sometimes sing through my nose..whih is annoying lol as i cant control it.

10. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I have wanted to take lessons forever! Though I have sung in choirs a lot. mostly the first 4 years of university but since it won't fit into my schedule this year my friends and I may join a barbershop choir that has lots of old ladies (but they are really good). And I am hardcore belting musicals while driving. My ultimate choir would be the candlelight processional or Encore!

11. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I soooo wanna audition for ENCORE!!! ;D

I've basically been doing performing arts since I was two. I started dance lessons as my mum is a tap teacher... and I did my first amateur show when I was 7. Then I stopped dancing when I broke my foot when I was about 13/14... And then I went to college to study a BTEC in musical theatre... And now I dance like Joey from Friends! ha ha ha 8)
    I got an audition at london for the 20th anniversary of le miz. And I auditioned for a proff version of Oliver when I was younger. I auditioned for stage school last year but I REALLY wanted to go to Disney so I didn't really put my all into it... 3 months later I had my face to face and knew where I belonged! ha ha belonged ::)
    I hope some day I will come back to PA... Maybes as Crush in Finding Nemo: the musical!!! ;D

12. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I've never been in a play or anything or sung in public. I'd like to try one day (if my nerves don't get the better of me lol) I've got lots of practice from singing in the shower haha
    I know CRPs, ICPs etc. can't be in the musicals at all :( but they should have a small play or something for us all to be in or we could organize something ourselves :)

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Being in a play and singing in front of live audienced is amazing, i love it. I will not be singing in public for a while now because i have left school and most of my singing was in concerts organised by the school. I miss them and i miss my singing teacher.

14. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

haha i'm a professional shower singer too! i've not sung since i was in our school gospel choir. i miss it so much, it was heaps of fun, we sang at the royal albert hall for the school proms.

15. DisneyGibbs

They do a talent show for us lot! I was thinking perhaps Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious from the musical...the dance is awesome! haha. I'd have to be Mary Poppins though :p that's the whole point of the idea! haha.

But yeah, we could all do something then...it would be awesome!

16. ~Disney_Princess~

Cool. Are there judges and stuff? And prizes?? :D

17. DisneyGibbs

I think so!

18. ~Disney_Princess~

maybe a special pin?? :eek: ;D

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow, i think i would get carried away in what i would want to do. Act out a scene from Wicked! As Long as Your Mine, great song! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious would be amazing to act out, and your the perfect Mary Poppins Louisa, no one could take that role away from you.

20. Cicada

Cicada New Member

supcalif... would be so much fun! I listen to that song on repeat when I have the cd on and I would love to do that dance. Lion King would be a really fun one too.