THE LETTERS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by emma, Jan 25, 2005.

1. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi guys,

sorry its taken me all day,but ive finally managed to get on here!!

i got my letter aswell..wwwaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa!!! my interview is on the 28th,so ill be joining ellen and emma,hopefully yours too izzy will be on the 28th...cant wait to meet you guys.. :)

now im all excited again,not that i havent been excited,but i did manage to calm myself down a bit before my family killed me!!..but now its all gonna start again!he he!!

ive just sent an email off to alexis to say ill be there...so now we can finally book a hotel,is everyone just staying sunday nite,or monday aswell??let me know asap guys...

im weraing a skirt suit aswell,not sure what colour though,is everyone just stickin to black,or what colour???is that a bit of a stupid question..sorry!!!! :-\

luv stephxxxxxx

2. emma

emma New Member

hey steph, where are u coming from again? im goin for a skirt....yeah just sunday with my parents lol! they wanna shop and dont trust my orienteering skills to get myself to london and bak in one piece!

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'm staying in the Novotel on the Sunday (checked prices earlier....£69 for the night...excellent price for london (our DDO hotel was something stupid like £116!!)...book quickly to avoid disappointment! ;))

eeeeeks everyone...am so excited....and FYI, black trouser suit! :D

Ellen xxxxxxx

4. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My letter hasn't arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I phoned home and apparently no post for me today!!!! Noooooooooooo! I want to know! :'( Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and I won't realise that it was all a dream!

Charlotte x

5. helen

helen New Member

Hey all,
    I've got my letter!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    28feb got my interview,Try not too stress out to much who havent got
    letters you know what the post is like these days, it will be with you soon!!

I've been so stressed at work, and i'm here till 9!! but now i've has chance to log on here i feel so much better :D

I called about the rail this morning and they could not check to see if there are any cheap rate fares left, because they dont know if there is going to be work on the lines that weekend :( :( :( :(
    They said it shouldnt make a lot of differance just it would take a lot longer to get to London. I also checked how much it would be to fly down it's £70 each, so lets hope the rail is a lot cheaper!

I'm so excited, got my suit it's a trouser suit, had it a while it's my 'interview suit' i just need a new shirt or something to go with it.

helenx :D :D :D

6. PT

PT New Member

OMG guys i am going too just had my phone interview last week and got my letter this morning for 28th of Feb!!

This is my 2nd time at London interviews so i am hoping for a better outcome than the waiting list this time  ;D

Congrats to everyone anyone else on the beer? or whatever you drink lol

I am so excited  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey congrats to all you giys with your confirmed interview dates - and dont worry charlotte, yoursll come thorough soon enough!!!

Im pretty sure now that your interviews are so near my leaving date that you prob wont get the results before I leave but Ill def try and check on here to see when youre all arriving!!! Like sara said - we'll try and be at the airport to say hi if we're not working!!!

Good luck to all of you!!!!

Michelle xx

PT - i got the job at my second london face-to-face so am sure youll be fine this time round!!

8. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi pt...welcome to the boards :) and congrats..see you on the 28th..

emma-my dad is coming with me,hes doing the driving,bless him,hes staying on the sunday nite aswell..so now i dont feel too bad cause your parents are gonna be there!!

im gonna ring the novotel this week to see if i can get a room..so are we all up for going out on sunday nite? obviously not to get drunk,we gotta look good for monday morning!! maybe just grab sumthing to eat???

luv steph xxx

9. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hi Izzy, i havent got mine either, as usual Durham's post is a day behind everyone elses! When the yellow cards come through, and you all get yours a day before mine, that isn't going to be a fun 24 hours!

I'm hoping mine is on March 1st as i have a big presentation to do in a seminar on the 28th feb.

10. helen

helen New Member

Hey Swedey2k,

Don't worry i'm sure you will get the letter in the morning, just to let you know i've b'n checking the flights etc and there are some really good flights from Newcastle to Stansted for less that £30!!!!!!!! and it's for those dates 2, I'm just not sure how far Stansted is from Hammersmith.

Let us know what date you have got, when you get the letter through hope it's the date you need.

Helen x

11. PT

PT New Member

Thanks very much for the welome back ;D

Helen- Stanstead is 40 miles north of central London. You can get a trains service called the stanstead express for about £14.50 one way into Liverpool Street Station then you would have to get the tube from there, and i believe you can get on the hammersmith and city line and go direct through to the hammersmiith station from liverpool street anyway ;D

Heres the link for the train http://www.stanstedexpress.co.uk/ hope that helps ;D

Paul x

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone! So glad ur first wait is over and u got the interview dates. Good luck everyone! Hope u guys all get to join us!

aw its bringing back all my inteview memories! i wore a skirt with my suit jacket tho most people wore trousers. But the skirt obv bought me luck!

Dont worry all of you who havent got ur letters yet it always works that way - u should get them tomorrow!

Marie xxx

13. helen

helen New Member

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that, I don't go to London that much so that really helps.
    Not sure which way in going to travel, think the cheapest way will be train then the undergroung to Hammersmith.

Thanks Helen x

14. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hey guys, didn't get my letter yesterday so am hoing it has arrived today! Am excited now i know the dates! All i need to do is let my work know and book hotels etc! my train ticket is gonna cost me over 50, ur so lucky to be able to get to stanstead for £30!

What hotels are you all staying in? i think am gonna book the holiday inn, although i have been toild that if you go into a travel agents they can get you good deals on hotels and trains etc so i will give that a try!

Are you all coming up on your own or are you bringing a friend with you?

Bry

15. PT

PT New Member

Hey bry, I'm staying in the Novotel just round the corner from the Disney Office in Hammersmith gonna be coming down on my own i think.

If you go to the Novotel website http://www.novotel.com/ as ellen pointed out theres a promotion on for £69 per night for that hotel on those dates quite a good price for London! ;D ;D ;D

hope that helps!

Paul

16. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'm up for dinner the night before...I'll be on my own, sort of! :D No parents or home friends coming....but all you guys will be there so it'll be WICKED! :D (and p.s. it's my birthday the friday before the interview, so even more reason to be happy! :D...or maybe that's just me! :-[

ellen xxx :D

17. emma

emma New Member

hey steph..yeah my ads drivin too and mums accompanying to go shopping! ive just booked the novotel too whehey! lol ellen well have to totally celebr8 if we can and a belated 18th for me due to the unfortunate incidence of exams ( humm can i honestly convince disney i dont mind not drinking?????? )

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Congrats Paul, i'm sure you'll do great at the interviews.

Bry - i stayed at the holiday inn as the novotel by the time i got round to it was £140 a night, so stayed there but the novotel is a lot closer to the offices, its opposite whereas the holiday inn is around 5-10mins walk.

xxx

19. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hey Helen, mines on the 1st march now and i've got a train for £20.

I was doing some reserach into it though, and you can get a train for £46 if you go via birmingham on the way down!! And you have a Young PErsons railcard!

Sounds like flying is a good idea! Sunday trains suck

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

just thought i'd let u know when i booked my train to go to the interviews in november i used the virgin value site which links you from www.virgintrains.co.uk and click on buy tickets, you can get some good deals on there, was £20 return for me, as its £10 per way even if travelling on different days.

Might be worth checking out

Sara xx