THE LETTERS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by emma, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

hey,

I have found hoteldirect to be the best! they have nights in the Holiday inn for £40 for a doube room! Is the novotel better than the holiday inn or are they both good? I haven't got the letter yet i don't even know my date. Grr....

Bry

2. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

THe only thing is that coming from Durham, virgin trains do not operate to London, you have to change in Birmingham to get the value fares.

I once came down from Durham to Bristol (5hrs) for £19 1st class! IT was lush!

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i went into both the hotels, the novotel is probably a bit classier, but i still liked the holiday inn. A major plus was u get your breakfast included (cereal, muffins, juice, tea, toast, yoghurt etc) in the mornin and u don't at the novotel, so i managed to get some food in me before goin to the interview with a stomach rumbling for england!

xxx

4. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Thanks Sara thats really useful, think am gonna go with the Holiday Inn! saves having to buy breakfast. lol. now all i need is the final date!

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

no probs bry. i'm sure you'll get it tomorrow, if not drop jason an email for confirmation ;)

xxx

6. emma

emma New Member

im dreading stomach rumbleys in the interview...u shud hear mine in the exam hall! the lad behind me couldnt concentrate due to my hideously loud rumbles! lol i hope the tisney ppl dont hear that!! ahah

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

The novotel was quite posh - me and dan felt really funny there!!!!
    I think if you book the novotel throught hotels direct then you do get breakfast included - worth checking out!!!

Yay again for all you guys with your dates confirmed!!!

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

ooooh that is interestin michelle ;) haha

haha at novotel, that was so funny when i came to meet u, if u guys r lucky in february u may get lots of good lookin australian men in the hotel like michelle did. haha that was fun ;)

xxx

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

ooh, I'm even more excited now!! :D Birthday, interview and Aussie men all in one weekend! :D

Ellen xxx

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe ellen, i know that sounds good ;)

xxx

11. disneyzoe

disneyzoe New Member

Hi guys I'm new to this board!!

I had my phone interview last week and I've got the letter too - SO excited! My interview day is 1st March. Who's got that date too? Is anyone staying in a hotel the Monday night? Are people planning on staying 2 nights? My friend did the program 5 years ago and she said you get staggered times all afternoon til about 6.30! Could be a bit of a nightmare deciding on whether to go home or not that day depending on time of interview. Is anyone travelling from Leeds/York? Not looked into travelling properly but prob train. Will either gatecrash my best friend from uni's friend from school's place - if that make sense! She lives in Shepherd's Bush which is on the same tube line so that would be a good option. Only met her once tho. So glad there are other crazy disney nutters on here like me! Let me know what your plans are guys and feel free to get in touch via msn contacts zoe_ellis4815@hotmail.com

Zoe xxx

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Zoe,
    Congrats on getting thru to face to face interviews. I had mine in nov and they schedule the interviews so whoever has travelled furthest gets interviewed first. You can ask Jason/Alexis if you would prefer it in the morning because of getting back up north.
    Good Luck
    Marie :)

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

as marie said u can ask for an early time (i did this in november and had the first interview at 11:15) so its worth a shot when booking train times etc.

congrats on gettin through and welcome to the boards

xxx

14. PT

PT New Member

What is it with you ladies and Aussie men lol what about us nice British men that will be there ;)

Last feb i was one of the first to be interviewed as i am from up North they tend to sort you in that order anyway even though i did not request that at the time, but it it was certainly worth requesting so you can sort your travel times out :)

Paul x

15. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I forgot about those lovely Australians that seemed to be all over the Novotel!!!

As for the interview, like the others have said, if you live quite a way from london then youll prob be interviewed first so dont worry!!!

Although, Ive just thought - I was interviewd quite early at 12.30 which is strange as I live right near london!!

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha well australian men, i duno what it is! but then again anyone with an accent n that's me gone! haha

xxx

17. helen

helen New Member

Hiya,

I agree with that Sara,a nice accent is always a plus!
    I've booked my train and hotel at last, im travelling wit my parents (don't trust myself on the underground!!!) so we are staying for 2 nights in the novotel.
    Closer to the time we'll all have to sort out when and where to meet up for a few drinks ;D ;D

Hey welcome Zoe, see you in London too.

Helen x