The next step? What happens after you have a phone interview?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by PrincessAriel81, Aug 15, 2009.

1. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Yeah really, you seem to be A+ as far as English goes! The only things I know how to say in German are goodbye and thank you :D Clearly, I need a few more lessons!

2. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Uhhh SAY IT!! I wanna see how you spell it and dont you dare look it up!!!!!
    cuz you know you didnt just say goodbye and thank you in german, you said it in ... well... english... :D

and to answer your earlier question, no most people dont speak english as well (thank you) as me.. even though its being taught at school from year 5 on.. oh well..

3. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Aufwiedersehn und danke schone? lol :)

4. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Good on ya, mate! the first one's fine but its "danke schön", but clearly you wont find the Ö on your keyboard :)
    Ill teach you some more (maybe swear words) if you like - in case we ll both get into the program lol

5. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Lol I did German for 4 years but its very rusty now :) I could probably keep up a very simple conversation with you :)

6. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

you wont have to, I'd rather speak english with you :)

7. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

I know would be easier but it'd be cool to try and use what I've learnt too!!! ;D

8. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

haha I wouldn't have stood a chance in spelling it! And I'm quite sure I only even partially say those words correctly to begin with - it's a start though I guess! Should expand my vocabulary a bit considering I want to visit Germany one day!

9. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

lol, well if thats what you want .. go ahead? i wont laugh, pinky promise! :)

10. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

You dont actually wanna visit Germany, all you want is the BEER!admit it!

11. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Well Oktoberfest does look like loads of fun! :D But I'm all about soaking up everything I can about the different cities and what not - I think my great-great grandfather was from Germany, so I owe it a visit! Everything just looks so pretty there! Plus the food looks delish as well! :D

12. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Lol ok...

Guten abends,wie gelt is ihnen?
    Ich bin Shell und ich bin 22 Jahre alt. Ich wohne in Bangor, Nordirelande und ich liebe disney :)

I have no idea what else to say lol! xoxo

13. jackattack

jackattack New Member

That spelling is outrageous lol. I thought English was supposedly a tough language, it can't be as hard as German! I'm looking forward to your lesson in German cursing haha.

14. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

wow, im impressed! you wouldnt exactly win a spelling bee, but its pretty good, you should keep up the hard work and take more classes :)

15. Woooo, I managed to read most of that! And I only have about a months worth of German lessons! :p

16. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Lol my english spelling is equally as bad but I think I did ok for not having done any German in 5 years :)

17. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I did 2 years of German at school and the most I can remember is:
    Ich have ein Meerschwienshen.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not far off with the spell of Guinea-pig there. Yes, it means "I have a guniea-pig". I remember the bizarrest things.

18. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I wish I could speak another language - I want to learn Spanish!

19. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Or to invent a totally new language would be equally as cool! Though... limited to the number of people you could speak to and actually have understand you... minor detail... ::)

20. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

but then it would be a fun private language between friends and that can have its benefits!! lol!!