The next step? What happens after you have a phone interview?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by PrincessAriel81, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

I attempted to learn japanese and french but failed miserable at both ... and I wanted to learn mi'kma'q but I had a shitty teacher who didnt show up the first day so I dropped out XD

2. jackattack

jackattack New Member

It is going to be my goal to learn some main phrases from each country in the world showcase when I'm down there...I'd say I want to learn more but I don't know if I'd be able to lol, but I'd at least like to be able to say hello and greet someone in all the different languages.

3. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

oh I'm all about learning languages!! It's a part of the experience!! :) Even just some random phrases!

Agreed! Let's get on it! :D

4. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

we can all learn together - it would make it easier!!!

5. MeganHitachiin

we can play translated disney movies to help us along

6. princess_shayna

that's a good idea!

7. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Actually, I've been told by a lot of different people that watching tv was one of the best ways to really pick up a language. Literally just watch some shows with a dictionary in hand! hmm We'll see what my attention span is... I would be very frustrated if it was like an intense episode of Grey's Anatomy and I didn't know what was going on! ::)

8. princess_shayna

we need to figure out the best way to do this..

9. jackattack

jackattack New Member

maybe we should watch little kid shows... i imagine thats how we all learned... we can't start with complex phrases i dont think.

10. MeganHitachiin

I wonder if they have any disney playhouse shows translated lol

11. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Dora the Explorer teaches random words :D :D :D

The show bugs me for some reason, but hey, if it works I'm all for it - regardless of it being for pre-schoolers :D

12. princess_shayna

ahahahahaha remember that hilarious mock video of Dora Shan on youtube?! Funny stuff!! lol!

13. howieE

howieE New Member

What phone interview are you guys talking about? Is it the short one, which you got a couple of months ago and you're going to a face to face interview in October or is it just the phone interview and no face to face?

I had a short phone interview a couple of months ago, but then they called me up last week and asked if I was able to work already in September/October 2009! They will call me this week for a 15 minute long phone interview, and if that goes well I will leave somewhere in October - December. This would be instead of the face2face interview in October

14. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Wow, sounds cool!
    And yeah, I'd def wanna learn a 4th language as well, or at least improve my 3rd first, i really suck at french! even though ive taken classes for 6 years..lol

15. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Just about all of us has had our phone interviews, this was a week or so ago for us Canadians. Now we wait to see if we got through for the face to face interview which will be held in mid-October. Our program's projected start date is early 2010. What country are you from?? I'm wondering if someone left from your country at epcot without much notice and they needed a fill in right away. Either way, good luck! Thats totally awesome!

16. howieE

howieE New Member

I'm Norwegian. Yeah it was pretty weird. I was going for the face2face interview in October, and leave in 2010, so I'm excited about the possibility of leaving earlier :p

17. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Sweet anyway, I wish that would happen to me!
    They re probably short on Norwegians...

18. jackattack

jackattack New Member

I would be so tempted to go early if they asked me but I've gotta finish my last semester of uni first, I can't put it off for a whole year lol.

19. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Haha yeah, I dont have anything keeping me from starting early, please Disney CALL me call me now!lol

20. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

well, i guess they didnt hear me. no call.. but only two months until ill have my f2f. yay.
    what would you guys recommend me to wear? the tux i wore to my prom?lol